Lydia Millen #164 Home alone for Elsie and Aldi, in isolation with their "chosen family"…

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to our @Milking Keynes for kicking off 2023 with her thread title, which received 60 votes in a close fought battle!

Happy New Year and welcome to all the new faces. Please play nicely and check out the WIKI if you haven’t already.

View attachment 1852990

Screen grab thanks to @Julia123

* After spending Christmas Eve at 'Farmhouse' the MGs spent Christmas Day on their own.
* They sat at opposite ends of the table. Ali cooked. She couldn't wait for him before she started eating.
* Lidl put out multiple posts of just her and the doggies, with seemingly passive aggressive captions about ‘chosen family’.
* Meanwhile her mother posted that she felt alone and her father recovered from a major operation.
* Under the tree were Hermes parcels and bags and a Vestiaire Collective parcel of a Louis Vuitton trunk. Meanwhile Ali opened an unadorned cardboard box.
* Ali cooked Christmas dinner and they sat at opposite end of the table. Lidl couldn’t resist starting to eat before he sat down.
* New Year’s Eve was spent at Thyme, where the duo got to play dress up with Cawwie, Man Bun and a bunch of strangers. They clearly weren't invited to Vic's black tie bash.

Please vote in the poll for 2023. I’ve had to omit the predictions about Ali and Cawwie due to limits on the poll but we can do another poll next thread.

Here are the predictions we made for 2022....how did we do?

View attachment 1852993

View attachment 1852994
Love this screen grab of the photo Ali took on xmas day. Reminds me of the footage at the Queen's funeral when the BBC (I think) filmed Megan Snarkle in the Abbey with a candle right in front of her face. 🤭 Aldi knew one candle wouldn't cover up Elsie s big old face so he used 5!! 😂

Brilliant re-cap (again) @Miscanthus

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She has no clue about 'Heritage' decor etc etc as every decor thing she does is a disaster. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She must have had thousands!
I cant believe she really thought people would buy this shite. She must have thought, that out her 1 millen subscribers, thousands would spend money on it, just because she “created” it. She forgot that bots can’t open their purses 😂. She was really delusional to think she had that much influence on her followers. Jeez, it must have done a serious injury to her ego. Not to mention seeing all the boxes piled sky high in discount stores 😁
I mentioned before (I am in Supply Chain) that she probably had a minimum order qty with factory (probably at least 500). When they didn't sell, I think she abandoned them at the warehouse in which they were stored and then the storage facility sold them off. Originally I thought she sold them to these shops, but 1) that would mean defeat and we know Lydia does not face that head on, 2) that would require effort/work or her "wonderful girls" parts.
I believe she abandoned the merchandise and it was sold to various places. Or one place who then sold to all these shops.

People were willing to buy what she was putting out. Many assumed (incorrectly) that she had put effort in to developing a product. If you spent over 2 years on development (as she stated) then logic would be it was something that required testing. Not so. Once this all came out people were rightly angry and didn't buy it. I think those very loyal to her & who self tan on a regular basis purchased this. It would be curious to know the final numbers, but given how many posts we've seen here, I don't think she sold even 25% of her product.

In my opinion I feel like she was at her most popular the year before and right up until she launched Globy. If she had launched a good product, at a reasonable price she could have had a successful brand. Covid would have impacted it but it was around the time the first lockdown ended and people were ready to spend.
Yes! There was so much going on at that moment and people were looking for something to be excited about. And SHE was excited and couldn't wait to share it with the world. She couldn't wait anymore (her words). But she really should have.... and then actually created a body product. Even a post-tan lotion would have been acceptable!

She has no clue about 'Heritage' decor etc etc as every decor thing she does is a disaster. :rolleyes:
I wonder if she will hire a new decorator? How many has there been so far?

What do you think would have been a “reasonable” price for those kits? They cost about £60 I seem to recall - plus all the sloppy mess with tax not being included in the marked price, and poor customer service.

I reckon she could have sold them for £35 and still made a profit.

Also a big part of her problem was trying to change the name of the product at the last minute - but it was just name changed on the website and the product itself still has the old name.

And her website was sloppy!!
What was the name on the website and the name on the box difference? I don't remember.
The name in and of itself was lazy....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Love this screen grab of the photo Ali took on xmas day. Reminds me of the footage at the Queen's funeral when the BBC (I think) filmed Megan Snarkle in the Abbey with a candle right in front of her face. 🤭 Aldi knew one candle wouldn't cover up Elsie s big old face so he used 5!! 😂

Brilliant re-cap (again) @Miscanthus
Speaking of Meghan, 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌 everywhere 😂 Takes one to know one..

87E8D9F3-3E62-4F75-B228-7C69EA549E32.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
What do you think would have been a “reasonable” price for those kits? They cost about £60 I seem to recall - plus all the sloppy mess with tax not being included in the marked price, and poor customer service.

I reckon she could have sold them for £35 and still made a profit.

Also a big part of her problem was trying to change the name of the product at the last minute - but it was just name changed on the website and the product itself still has the old name.

And her website was sloppy!!
As someone who does self tan, I wouldn't have paid more than £15 or £20 for the set and that is pushing it since it only has one exfoliating glove with it.

This is what it costs me to purchase those products individually:

Exfoliating glove (pair) £1.50
Back exfoliator £6
Tanning mitt £4.99
Back tanner £5
I don't keep these product in a bag and don't travel with tan so would likely have given the bag away £0

Total £17.49 (that is full price they are very often on 3 for 2 or are discounted)

These products are only reusable to a certain extent I also repurchase them several times a year. Absolutely no chance would I be paying £50 4-5 times a year. Plus what would I do with the 5 ugly black bags.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
I think if Lydia had developed her own self tan (like MollyMae) and sold along with the kit for £50 she would have been very successful. The fact she thought she could sell 1 exfoliating glove that you can buy for 99p, a tanning mitt and a back applicator (again that you can already buy for a couple of quid) for £50 simply because it had her name on, was utterly and completely self indulgent ludicrousness. It was actually shocking so much so her loyal fans even told her.

The last minute mini St Tropez in a few boxes was still no where near enough yet a full sized, self produced tan would have been so successful for her. Again her laziness, greed and willingness to rip off loyal supporters was her downfall.

They couldnot even get the name right. First off it was just Glo, then last minute discovered another company had the same name it was change to Glo by Lydia. That would be the first thing you would sort out, but the whole thing was such a total tit show run by complete imbeciles they couldn’t get a thing right!

Even the prices were a mess - some listed with additional tax, some without, some with different shipping charges when in the uk all taxes should be included in the price and shipping in the UK a set price. You couldn’t have screwed up a brand launch anymore if you tried!!

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Aside from the fact that I hate the overload of green paint and the seaweed chandelier… but looking at the floor before and after…? The herringbone BEFORE looked SOOOOOOOO much better. Why am I not surprised that she’s yet again making dodgy choices with her interior design. For what? To say she’s got “real oak”?

It was so much better right from the beginning when it was white! She’s destroying it! Whatever next!

*glASShouse, please. Only the poor commoners and urban riff raff say “greenhouse”
The dressing room looks very dark and dreary. I wonder if it was on purpose so that the camera can’t get a good look at Elsie.

Just like “In a Street Car named Desire” how Blanche DuBois always made sure she always was seen in low lights or shadows to hide her age. Elsie’s doing the same thing to hide how messed up her face is. Probably avoids eye contact with herself when looking in the mirror.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I think 70% of the reason why she chose the new dressing room floorboards is because the style she chose is 'Highclere' and we all remember Lydia had a little obsession with Downton (and Highclere until she realised she was just a member of the public and so not going to get special treatment visiting a historic house!).

• Haha
She thought people would lap up her bs and buy that crap as it has her name on it! She's forgotten how many bots she's bought along the years and that people aren't all stupid. Must be thousands of those kits for sale for £10, meaning she must have sold them on for £5 or less each!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I think 70% of the reason why she chose the new dressing room floorboards is because the style she chose is 'Highclere' and we all remember Lydia had a little obsession with Downton (and Highclere until she realised she was just a member of the public and so not going to get special treatment visiting a historic house!).
Don't forget her little obsession with "The Gilded Age"
I am curious how her new wardrobe oversized brown jackets and heavy bags will translate to spring and summer? ;)

• Haha
Don't forget her little obsession with "The Gilded Age"
I am curious how her new wardrobe oversized brown jackets and heavy bags will translate to spring and summer? ;)
She will just buy more stuff and have Geoff the tailor make more.

• Sick
Reactions: 14
The fact half of the bags didn't even had a mini St Tropez bottle included annoyed a lot of people too. If I remember correctly the bags the other influencers received had one inside but most of the ones the minions bought did not! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 32
Do we know for sure if wasn't just the two of them at the Thyme dinner (probably gifed)?
Carrie doesn’t let Lydia be gifted anything without being gifted the same for her and manbun. I’m starting to think she is the real scammer

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
The fact half of the bags didn't even had a mini St Tropez bottle included annoyed a lot of people too. If I remember correctly the bags the other influencers received had one inside but most of the ones the minions bought did not! :ROFLMAO:
The first 500 had travel size bottles, however the PR was filled with quite a few full size bottles.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Ah I knew someone would remember correctly (y). Did she even sell 500 though?:ROFLMAO:
I reckon she sold around 200. If she sold 500 at that price I’d be gobsmacked. Remember when we were adding the max amount to basket to view what units were left and they were hardly flying off the shelf - plus there were thousands available to buy. Then after all the backlash there was the ‘sold out’ post. (Which we all knew was a total lie)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Aside from the fact that I hate the overload of green paint and the seaweed chandelier… but looking at the floor before and after…? The herringbone BEFORE looked SOOOOOOOO much better. Why am I not surprised that she’s yet again making dodgy choices with her interior design. For what? To say she’s got “real oak”?

It was so much better right from the beginning when it was white! She’s destroying it! Whatever next!

*glASShouse, please. Only the poor commoners and urban riff raff say “greenhouse”
The new floors looked like they took one of those backpack torches that farmers use for controlled burns to the floors. They look scorched! Or like they were used to cook fish in a barbecue.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I think if Lydia had developed her own self tan (like MollyMae) and sold along with the kit for £50 she would have been very successful. The fact she thought she could sell 1 exfoliating glove that you can buy for 99p, a tanning mitt and a back applicator (again that you can already buy for a couple of quid) for £50 simply because it had her name on, was utterly and completely self indulgent ludicrousness. It was actually shocking so much so her loyal fans even told her.

The last minute mini St Tropez in a few boxes was still no where near enough yet a full sized, self produced tan would have been so successful for her. Again her laziness, greed and willingness to rip off loyal supporters was her downfall.

They couldnot even get the name right. First off it was just Glo, then last minute discovered another company had the same name it was change to Glo by Lydia. That would be the first thing you would sort out, but the whole thing was such a total tit show run by complete imbeciles they couldn’t get a thing right!

Even the prices were a mess - some listed with additional tax, some without, some with different shipping charges when in the uk all taxes should be included in the price and shipping in the UK a set price. You couldn’t have screwed up a brand launch anymore if you tried!!
But she has a Marketing degree 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.