Lydia Millen #15 Fur couture to entrepreneur! Its all about Chanel, wearing gifted REAL fur...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a question - do they own their bungalow outright? As in did they pay off the entire 1.3 million off in cash thus owe nothing on their house to a bank / mortgage company? Because if they still owe a million on a 1.3 million house whilst she has a million sitting in the bank - she really has nothing. Their house debt cancels cash in the bank out. Is there a way to find out if it's paid in full?

That might explain why she's begging for everything. Because they owe as much as they have in cash, so in reality, are not worth a million.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
And they can’t be adding much in the way of value to that house with all of the work they have done to it, in fact they have probably decreased the value. The value in larger homes lies in the number of bedrooms. They have essentially created a renovation project for whoever buys that house because they will have to rip out the wardrobes to return them to bedrooms. I have a lot of kids and need a 5-6 bed house when I buy and you better believe that I don’t want to have to renovate bedrooms. I don’t mind changing kitchens and bathrooms (If needed) but I want my kids cosy and safe in bedrooms when we move.

There is such a thing as topping yourself out of the market. There is only so much people will be willing to pay for a 3 bedroom + renovation project in Northamptonshire. A 5 bedroom family home is a different matter.

Reactions: 18
Lydl prob thinks she's going to be the next kylie Jenner flogging whatever's up her skanky dressing gown sleeve.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
And they can’t be adding much in the way of value to that house with all of the work they have done to it, in fact they have probably decreased the value. The value in larger homes lies in the number of bedrooms. They have essentially created a renovation project for whoever buys that house because they will have to rip out the wardrobes to return them to bedrooms. I have a lot of kids and need a 5-6 bed house when I buy and you better believe that I don’t want to have to renovate bedrooms. I don’t mind changing kitchens and bathrooms (If needed) but I want my kids cosy and safe in bedrooms when we move.

There is such a thing as topping yourself out of the market. There is only so much people will be willing to pay for a 3 bedroom + renovation project in Northamptonshire. A 5 bedroom family home is a different matter.
shed quarters....

176C6FBE-DB0B-429F-B56E-EC9CEA6C4477.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Am I the only one who thinks her new kitchen has become so much worse? I mean that space where the sofas and a small table used to be... That area actually was the only one that I actually really liked in that horrendous house... And now they have like million areas with proper dining tables and approx one evening in the whole year - prob around christmas - where people actually come to them to have a dinner... and in general her house used to be so much better after the first round of renovation, she literally just needs to stop jeez..

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Know it sounds like such a 'jealous troll' thing to say but I dislike her underground bungalow home. Wouldn't wish to sleep there one night & wouldn't live there even if you paid me (like she does)🙊

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Look what you can buy locally for the same kind of price https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-63804468.html
That’s beautiful

I agree! I remember the first photo when they moved into the house, with the old chandelier, sofa area and those blue flowers on the coffee table. It was beautiful,light, airy and fresh. But it seems so busy and staged in there now. Don’t get me started on those massive pillows on the chairs 🙈🙈The whole house has no flow to it, it’s just like a Pinterest board. The living room that she loves so much, i find grotesque. It’s like a dungeon, with it’s dark walls and the cheap sofa, I always imagine it smells really stale in there too! It was so light and airy when they moved in, with those luxurious sofas and armchairs in there!shes just ruined the whole room. And that ‘whisky room’ she raves about just seems so redundant! Pointless. She would be better turning it into a bedroom now she’s got rid of two bedrooms. She seems to have no idea. When you look at other Instagram homes she really has no clue or taste.

Am I the only one who thinks her new kitchen has become so much worse? I mean that space where the sofas and a small table used to be... That area actually was the only one that I actually really liked in that horrendous house... And now they have like million areas with proper dining tables and approx one evening in the whole year - prob around christmas - where people actually come to them to have a dinner... and in general her house used to be so much better after the first round of renovation, she literally just needs to stop jeez..

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I imagine it always smells like whatever candle she has just been gifted but never of a window being opened and air allowed to blow through.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
That’s beautiful

I agree! I remember the first photo when they moved into the house, with the old chandelier, sofa area and those blue flowers on the coffee table. It was beautiful,light, airy and fresh. But it seems so busy and staged in there now. Don’t get me started on those massive pillows on the chairs 🙈🙈The whole house has no flow to it, it’s just like a Pinterest board. The living room that she loves so much, i find grotesque. It’s like a dungeon, with it’s dark walls and the cheap sofa, I always imagine it smells really stale in there too! It was so light and airy when they moved in, with those luxurious sofas and armchairs in there!shes just ruined the whole room. And that ‘whisky room’ she raves about just seems so redundant! Pointless. She would be better turning it into a bedroom now she’s got rid of two bedrooms. She seems to have no idea. When you look at other Instagram homes she really has no clue or taste.
Yeah the lounge always makes me think of a crematorium! I think it's the curtains

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Preaching on her stories about being nice to people and not commenting unkind things etc. She is the queen of being unnecessarily impolite comments to people. For example the girl the other day asking if ghd had a new hairdryer at Christmas and she was like “I’m not forcing you to buy it.” Poor girl only asked a question.
Also her saying she blocks the use of her friends names in comments so that they don’t get hate. Pretty sure this came about after everyone was commenting how nasty she was to Carrie at Christmas time

Reactions: 12
Am I alone in using up my products and it not being a rarity?
Oh it’s because I actually pay for them and so see the value in every last drop.

Preaching on her stories about being nice to people and not commenting unkind things etc. She is the queen of being unnecessarily impolite comments to people. For example the girl the other day asking if ghd had a new hairdryer at Christmas and she was like “I’m not forcing you to buy it.” Poor girl only asked a question.
Also her saying she blocks the use of her friends names in comments so that they don’t get hate. Pretty sure this came about after everyone was commenting how nasty she was to Carrie at Christmas time
And there is a difference between unkind and necessary criticism.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Why is she in the whisky room(rantroom) wearing her dressing gown? Would that be a sophisticated area?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
They are mortgaged to the hilt!!! Old house was deposit buuut they would have saved lots on solicitor fees because that is Ali s dad.... they can obviously afford the repayments but they will be doingg it for a loooong time .
if Ali's dad is a solicitor, then I wouldn't want to be Lidl if they ever get divorced, Ali's dad's got connections!

Hold up. We seem to have lost @Gusber
I think @Gusber struggles with her health, I hope she is okay if that's so? ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Correct me if Im wrong but if she is invited to one show at NYFW doesn't she need to pay for her flight ticket, hotel and stay during those days?

I don't know how Fashion Weeks work but I think someone like Tamara have mastered the art of doing Fashion Week. They get into a lot of PR lists. They are available to do 3-5 shows per day. They have contact on luxury hotels that sponsor their stay. Even luxury cars that take them everywhere. Maybe nobody pays for their flight tickets but is an investment for them. I think Fashion Weeks are a lot of work and not many people is willing to do. I think is the kind of event you have to do it right otherwise is quite expensive.
Do you remember this discussion on pag 34?. Tamara just answered my question on yesterday's video

Tamara explained how expensive are Fashion Weeks. Cause you have to pay for your own tickets, hotels and time you spend there for you and your plus one. Tamara said you might get up to 30% disscount on a hotel but that's it. Tamara also explained she likes to do Fashion Weeks cause she likes to invest on her 'business' that that gives her access to good contacts and good content.

Thanks Tamara. Now is clear to me why Lydia doesn't do Fashion Weeks. Lydia doesn't like to pay for anything. She rathers film 45mins videos of her talking non-sense inside her house than deliver good material.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.