Lydia Millen #149 Harness Horribilis

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I don’t just want to throw away money for the sake of it” 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is truly the definition of what she does day in day out. Ironically she was saying this to illustrate why she shops on amazon and after announcing she had found a bargain £130 cashmere dress and so she bought 4 more. Just a casual £650 on those then. She is the definition of living to excess.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
I have been lurking on this thread for a while now but have never commented.. until now!

Watching her latest video and the way she is going on about these Amazon dresses!
I can't remember the last time she put this much effort in talking about her Karen Millen pieces!
I would LOVE to know what the Karen Millen team think about this.
She never hardly wears her Karen Millen pieces outside of the photoshoots!
It's almost like she is forced to still be in partnership with them? Strange behaviour!

P.S I love reading reading all your comments. Such a funny and wise bunch of people 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Amazing recap as always @Miscanthus! You did leave out that she tried (and failed to one up Vic) and can also bear the crushing weight of the world’s anger of her posting drivel with respect to Her Majesty’s passing. She’s strong aka a narcissist. She also panned Julia Robert’s wardrobe. Methinks she’s trying to get a Gucci sponsorship and failing.

Can’t wait to see what’s next for her Labiaship as she ascends the throne aka her broken toilet.
Thank you for the additions!
I must confess I haven't been on the ball this thread (been over on the Harry & Meghan thread for the Queen's funeral) and I did this quickly while I was out and without my reading glasses! 🙄

Lovely shiny new thread @Miscanthus thank you soooo much! Knit wit will be with us all in times cognac or tobacco for a long time to come (neither of which are to be recommended for good health).

Also @Milking Keynes does speak for us all with her deja poo! It’s like we are now on repeat, re-serve and re-watch…yuk.
I'm definitely pinching deja poo and will try and recycle a previous recap or three!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I don’t know if any of you live up north (so if you don’t you might have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about 😆) but I’ve just watched her unbox the trunks and talk about how she wants to display stuff in them and I honestly feel like she’s trying to recreate Beamish Museum in her house 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Amazing recap as always @Miscanthus! You did leave out that she tried (and failed to one up Vic) and can also bear the crushing weight of the world’s anger of her posting drivel with respect to Her Majesty’s passing. She’s strong aka a narcissist. She also panned Julia Robert’s wardrobe. Methinks she’s trying to get a Gucci sponsorship and failing.

Can’t wait to see what’s next for her Labiaship as she ascends the throne aka her broken toilet.
The Julia Roberts/ Gucci bashing really bothered me. She mentioned that she wouldn't buy a trend piece as she knows better than that, not seeming to realise that lots of what she buys/ wears are very much trend pieces. Even the whole country aesthetic is a huge huge trend at the moment. Of course that aesthetic/ lifestyle has always had a place and a huge following, but not in the way that it currently does and not with such a younger crowd, hence all the big brands sell very rustic looking pieces. She is kidding herself if she doesn't realise that she is following a trend (albeit not very well and often getting it quite wrong) in pretty much the way she dresses and decorates her home. In the same way that the very monochromatic style that she did her last house in was very trendy then. She now says she only decorated that house white to make it look bigger but it is really because that was very much the look at the time.

It's almost concerning to me that she seems to genuinely not realise how trend driven her style is. The long floral dresses she wears now weren't available on every high street and high end site a few years ago because they weren't in then and weren't of that time, so investing in them now really isn't investing in timeless pieces. Even Kate M whom she so deeply admires wasn't wearing them a few years ago, and looking further back Princess Diana who she also admires certainly wasn't. If those styles were so timeless you'd be able to look back through the decades and see well known 'timeless' dressers wearing those items.

I would say Gucci have demonstrated quite a bit more longevity than she has/ will hence the success of the brand (whether you love it or hate it) spanning decades.

I don’t know if any of you live up north (so if you don’t you might have absolutely no idea what I’m talking about 😆) but I’ve just watched her unbox the trunks and talk about how she wants to display stuff in them and I honestly feel like she’s trying to recreate Beamish Museum in her house 🤷🏼‍♀️
haha yes I know that museum and that's exactly what she is going for!

Just started the new video, the day after the queen passed and she is waiting for guidance from the government on what to expect now the queen has died re working so they're just going to have a 'leisurely day at home'. In the next sentence... 'we've obviously got the builders in'. No leisurely day at home for them then!

Also, it's a few days later now, and she's explaining that 'we now have a king', erm does she not realise that he became King instantly? that's not part of a weird turn of events that happened in those few days? She also inserts the picture of when she met him again, just in case anyone missed it on Instagram

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I live near beamish - don’t advertise it, I don’t want her anywhere near it ! It’s an amazing day out

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
How does she manage to make “classic” pieces look like she should be sitting at a bar picking up men on business trips? It’s giving cheap lady on the night trying to get a new client base. Trying to upgrade from drunk Ibiza

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Following on from one of you gems who came up with jenny from the block rhyme heres my take....

'Don't be fooled by the Hermes bags I've got, Im still Im still Lyd from Wat. Used to have a mini now I have (aston) Mart no matter where I go I know where I came from.. old money'.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
STOP THE PRESS

Old Elsie has only gone and bought a cashmere frock from Amazon in a size ... MEDIUM!!!!! :oops:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Does she have a cavity? She really spends on things that show. Are her teeth & toilets don’t stand a chance
No that’s an amalgam (metal) filling. That could easily be replaced. I reckon she might be looking for a “gifted” treatment! 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I live near beamish - don’t advertise it, I don’t want her anywhere near it ! It’s an amazing day out
I love it too but not sure I'd go that far in my own home :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

@helenmoorhouse I agree with everything you said. I was muttering at the TV when she said about waiting for the government to advise us. It's tradition not bloody covid, all the media outlets explained protocol almost immediately. Of course, I forget, she doesn't read or watch the news 🙄

@coconochanel absolutely brilliant 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
“I don’t just want to throw away money for the sake of it” 🤣🤣🤣🤣 that is truly the definition of what she does day in day out. Ironically she was saying this to illustrate why she shops on amazon and after announcing she had found a bargain £130 cashmere dress and so she bought 4 more. Just a casual £650 on those then. She is the definition of living to excess.
None of the Amazon jumper dresses she has linked have any reviews or even star ratings. Other than Lydia who has clearly been sent them who would buy an item from Amazon that has zero rating or reviews and is likely found on page 33.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Having watched the frows New York blogs she is in a totally different league to Lidl who must be as green as those mouldy coloured nails of hers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Cannot stop laughing at the shots of Twatty sitting in his office at a big boys desk, pretending to work like a business man!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.