Luther Film - Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi All

Couldn’t find a thread for this new Luther film on Netflix. Luther: The Fallen Sun.

As a fan of the TV Series I couldn’t wait for this film. I wasn’t disappointed. The ending I feel leaves it open for another film or new series.

What did everyone else think?

Reactions: 7
I absolutely loved it!
Husband and I didn’t even know it was being released yesterday, put Netflix on for our usual Friday comedy and that soon changed.
What a film!!!
Definitely left it open for another.
It had everything, suspense, jump scared etc. and I really good story line I thought.
TW for suicide imagery.
Does involve multiple depictions of hangings

Reactions: 6
It was also a no brainer that we were going to watch it last night.

I really enjoyed it. You have to suspend belief but it definitely felt true to the series. I loved that there were still scary parts as that’s something a lot of people talk about from the series, how scary and dark it can be.

I loved the pace of it and I definitely would like to see more!

Reactions: 4
Just started it tonight. Forget how the series always traumatised me tho!! I think like youve said above- how scary it can be.

Watched it tonight and loved it! I’m really pleased that it’s followed the same dark/scary/disturbing vibes as the TV series did. Might have made a mistake watching it before bed though as the TV series has legit given me nightmares in the past and the film is no different.

I agree that it’s been left open for another film 🤞🏻

Cant wait to watch this. Decided to rewatch 1-5 before I start the movie. Currently on series 2. Glad to read the positive comments in here so far!

Reactions: 3
Me and my husband watched it last night we loved it . Gripping and exciting

We watched it this afternoon. Glad his coat survived everything it was put through. Had us gripped throughout.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yeah I loved it! Was brilliant when he got out and cracked to coat out, wasn’t exactly sensible knocking about in that when he should have been trying to stay on the low down 😆

Hi All

Couldn’t find a thread for this new Luther film on Netflix. Luther: The Fallen Sun.

As a fan of the TV Series I couldn’t wait for this film. I wasn’t disappointed. The ending I feel leaves it open for another film or new series.

What did everyone else think?
I really enjoyed it.
People need to remember it is the Lutherverse, much like the MCU or other fictional worlds, so it doesn't need to be 100% accurate or realistic.

it was highly entertaining and I'm very glad a certain someone didn't turn up -shows Luther works without them.

i look forward to sequels!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I thought the ending was a bit rushed.
I was about to say why but might spoil for those who havent watched yet so i wont.

Watched it this morning at 5am (up early with our new 10 week old puppy). Loved it although the ending was very Bond-esque. And yes it definitely left you believing there will be more to come from Luther.

Excellent - loved it.

Andy Serkis has fully committed to his villain era I see. Good. For the next one they should try fleshing out other characters, as it's difficult to care about them otherwise. I don't know if Cynthia Erivo is just a terrible actress or the character was badly written or what, but that was the weak point for me.

• Heart
The first half absolutely terrified me! I seriously considered wetting the bed as I was too scared to go to the bathroom in the night 😂 obviously common sense prevailed and I woke my husband to go and check there was nobody in the house before I got out of bed 😂😂

• Haha
It seems I'm in a minority of one but I thought it was a steaming pile of garbage.

The villain was so ridiculously over the top that it was almost cartoonish. There was no explanation for what had led to his bizarre series of crimes and the ending was laughable.

The only saving grace was Idris Elba!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It seems I'm in a minority of one but I thought it was a steaming pile of garbage.

The villain was so ridiculously over the top that it was almost cartoonish. There was no explanation for what had led to his bizarre series of crimes and the ending was laughable.

The only saving grace was Idris Elba!
Yes i sort of agree. It was scary as hell but almost ridiculous in places.
---
The first half absolutely terrified me! I seriously considered wetting the bed as I was too scared to go to the bathroom in the night 😂 obviously common sense prevailed and I woke my husband to go and check there was nobody in the house before I got out of bed 😂😂
Remember in the first series i think it was when the woman went to bed and the killer slid out from underneath. Was so glad i had a divan bed. Did check the drawers tho.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I was gripped until they rocked up to the North Pole in normal clothes to Anna and Elsa’s castle. Most disappointed Olaf didn’t make an appearance. I much prefer the normal series before it got “ Americanised” since when do we use the word “cellphone” I think the plot was amazing but got ruined by the unrealistic drama sadly.

Reactions: 8