Lucy Wood #2 We're not grabbing a cosy hot drink; we're half-listening while scrubbing the sink

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I unsubbed from her YT months ago as I was just sick of all the ads but now I'm seeing adverts every other day on fb for her stupid book, I can't escape her!

Reactions: 4
I think she feels embarrassed because she knows getting a book published was to do with her being an influencer and not 100% down to her own laurels ? And also because so many influencers have come out with books it’s not even necessarily a special achievement ?

Like I know she is a writer, and there is definitely merit in that, but already having an “audience” (aka at least some guaranteed sales) would have made her much more prospective to publishers than some random no-name. She also has management to help create these contacts and get the ball rolling.

There is a part of her that knows this book only happened because of her YouTube channel/management and that’s why she feels undeserving. It’s not an achievement she could have done on her own.

Reactions: 7
Wasn't it one of her followers who helped get her the deal in the first place? So yeah I'd be feeling pretty impostery too right now

Reactions: 4
I didn’t like the use of the practical magic music on the post bc it sort of feels like capitalising on other work to promote yours.

But will say I’d rather read something written by Lucy who actually reads than all the other influencer book collabs we see. I don’t feel like it’s just gonna be drivel or ghost written at least.

Reactions: 12
I didn’t like the use of the practical magic music on the post bc it sort of feels like capitalising on other work to promote yours.

But will say I’d rather read something written by Lucy who actually reads than all the other influencer book collabs we see. I don’t feel like it’s just gonna be drivel or ghost written at least.
It could be fab but she does need to acknowledge her privilege of how it’s come to be, I think if she did this, less people would have their backs up about it just being another YouTube book

Reactions: 5