Lucy Mountain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure what’s worse about the new ad, her hair & make up or her commitment to diversity that’s only apparent when she’s trying to make some money.
this!!! She's so tokenistic it's unreal. I've said this loads I know but she really could use her time to promote and boost Black and Asian women PT businesses, or businesses in general but she doesn't. Instead they only matter to her when she's trying to sell tit.

Reactions: 2
yeah it's actually borderline odd how every single person in the nobs ad is a POC apart from her

Reactions: 7
Tbf some of her friends from home are Indian or Pakistani, I remember she was a bridesmaid for one of them and posted photos at some point back in the summer but my memory is hazy so I apologise for the lack of specifics. But yeah her London friends are veeerrrrrryyyyyy white and I found the racial dynamics in the new advert v strange. It was like... Lucy and her POC backup dancers 😬

Reactions: 6
Tbf some of her friends from home are Indian or Pakistani, I remember she was a bridesmaid for one of them and posted photos at some point back in the summer but my memory is hazy so I apologise for the lack of specifics. But yeah her London friends are veeerrrrrryyyyyy white and I found the racial dynamics in the new advert v strange. It was like... Lucy and her POC backup dancers 😬
Fair enough! Yeah, she lives in east london I believe and it's so gentrified. London used to have such a much better cultural mix, it's slowly dying out in my opinion.

I have SO many issues with her latest advert. Her use of WOC within it is extremely tokenistic, they are clearly there because she wants to be seen to be inclusive when you look at her life and she just isn't. But my main issue with it is that the WOC that are in the advert are all 'serving' her or are somehow 'below' her.
Examples:
1 - At the start of the advert, all the women are asleep ON LUCY. It reminds me of when the cult members would argue over who got to sleep with Charles Manson that night. She's the one who's already awake and they wake up around her, with her in the centre.
2 - When they're in the kitchen making the smoothie, it looks like they're making it FOR Lucy.
3 - At the end, all these WOC move to the side to make way for Lucy.

All of it reminds me of this cover of Vogue India, which is extremely problematic (Vogue INDIA putting a white woman in the centre of the cover with two light skinned WOC either side of her)

Also another comment on the advert was from a user who commented:
'Happy to see that you've incorporated captions, but I'm struggling to read them even at full size on a tablet because they are so small, the font isn't clear and the contrast is very variable'.

And that sums Lucy up perfect in my opinion. I know from my own job that to add subtitles etc you have to do them within certain parameters, meaning they have to be this font size and be this colour so it's inclusive and you know, actually helpful. However, Lucy won't have researched that, she will have just seen 'Oh it's the new thing to put captions on your videos so I'm going to do that to look inclusive' when in fact by not researching what is actually needed by those who use captions, she's not helped anyone !!

Lastly, what was her bleeping birthday outfit. I'm starting to think her account must be satire by now. I mean, it's got to be.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
I have SO many issues with her latest advert. Her use of WOC within it is extremely tokenistic, they are clearly there because she wants to be seen to be inclusive when you look at her life and she just isn't. But my main issue with it is that the WOC that are in the advert are all 'serving' her or are somehow 'below' her.
Examples:
1 - At the start of the advert, all the women are asleep ON LUCY. It reminds me of when the cult members would argue over who got to sleep with Charles Manson that night. She's the one who's already awake and they wake up around her, with her in the centre.
2 - When they're in the kitchen making the smoothie, it looks like they're making it FOR Lucy.
3 - At the end, all these WOC move to the side to make way for Lucy.

All of it reminds me of this cover of Vogue India, which is extremely problematic (Vogue INDIA putting a white woman in the centre of the cover with two light skinned WOC either side of her)

Also another comment on the advert was from a user who commented:
'Happy to see that you've incorporated captions, but I'm struggling to read them even at full size on a tablet because they are so small, the font isn't clear and the contrast is very variable'.

And that sums Lucy up perfect in my opinion. I know from my own job that to add subtitles etc you have to do them within certain parameters, meaning they have to be this font size and be this colour so it's inclusive and you know, actually helpful. However, Lucy won't have researched that, she will have just seen 'Oh it's the new thing to put captions on your videos so I'm going to do that to look inclusive' when in fact by not researching what is actually needed by those who use captions, she's not helped anyone !!

Lastly, what was her bleeping birthday outfit. I'm starting to think her account must be satire by now. I mean, it's got to be.
I knew there was something extremely off about it, it’s this. She could have had them saying a line or two even, in between her lines, but that doesn’t happen. They’re just silent and a bit like house servants or something. It’s creepy

I knew there was something extremely off about it, it’s this. She could have had them saying a line or two even, in between her lines, but that doesn’t happen. They’re just silent and a bit like house servants or something. It’s creepy
I've never seen it, but isn't that the premise of Get Out? All the non-white people work for the white family but can't speak? I mean, she's appalling!

Reactions: 3
Totally agree to all of the above - it’s a really creepy advert and I don’t get why they don’t even speak?!?

I love that she says she hates diet culture but the last few years in the first week of January exploits and benefits from it by releasing an advert saying ‘duck New Years resolution diet culture, buy my exercise and recipe app - it is totally anti diet culture’

the app itself might not promote diet culture but you’re still profiting off it by releasing new versions and/or heavily advertising and discounting at this time of year, don’t pretend that you don’t know exactly what you’re doing and who you’re specifically targeting??

Like it’s fine, it’s a marketing decision and can be justified by saying you’re trying to reach those customers at this time of year when people are more likely to be thinking about exercise thanks to diet culture, but it just feels odd to not acknowledge the slightly ironic timing of these releases. Idk if I explained that well 🤣

Reactions: 11
Totally agree to all of the above - it’s a really creepy advert and I don’t get why they don’t even speak?!?

I love that she says she hates diet culture but the last few years in the first week of January exploits and benefits from it by releasing an advert saying ‘duck New Years resolution diet culture, buy my exercise and recipe app - it is totally anti diet culture’

the app itself might not promote diet culture but you’re still profiting off it by releasing new versions and/or heavily advertising and discounting at this time of year, don’t pretend that you don’t know exactly what you’re doing and who you’re specifically targeting??

Like it’s fine, it’s a marketing decision and can be justified by saying you’re trying to reach those customers at this time of year when people are more likely to be thinking about exercise thanks to diet culture, but it just feels odd to not acknowledge the slightly ironic timing of these releases. Idk if I explained that well 🤣

You did explain that well. That's bang on and I didn't think of that myself. She made it worse by instagramming her own feelings about gaining weight a few weeks back. I think she's taken on this certain persona, and it's not really genuine.

Oh my god you genius ! I didn't even put that together, how toxic that she's there going 'duck diet culture, we hate that... But buy my fitness apps, it's SOOOOOO different and not like the others!'

Reactions: 4
It’s also worth noting that almost her whole team was white, except for one WOC who was in an unpaid position.
So basically the championing of POC shortly after George Floyd was murdered was nothing but for show. I guess the concept of institutional racism is lost on Lucy.

She's exactly the people she preaches she's not. She's a typical influencer with massive privilege and likes to pretend she doesn't. She's not relatable in the slightest and too try hard. She's very pretentious.
I think before she took off she was relatable - but then over time she has ( like so many other influencers ) have become unrelatable and have over inflated egos.

Literally this reeks of Styled by Susie and she ended up completely bleeping up her business forever.
Who is styled by Susie? And what happened that led to the messing up of her business?

Last edited:
As anyone actually used her app? There's zero way to see what you're getting up front. She keeps talking about how it's different, but never goes into the details of how exactly.

As anyone actually used her app? There's zero way to see what you're getting up front. She keeps talking about how it's different, but never goes into the details of how exactly.
I have. I can’t really compare it to anything else but you get exercise guides both for the gym and home. There’s a few recipes (and they are good I have to admit) but overall the app has always been broken for me and it’s super buggy. I did like the exercises but so many things were off… only being able to use the app while using data, only being able to use it on your phone (I’d much prefer being able to use it on the TV when at home) and generally crappy bugs that would make the app crash several times during a workout, lags, it’s just not good as an app. And the customer service, albeit nice, felt a bit like an auto reply most times so I didn’t even want to bother contacting them about bugs. I honestly think the lack of calorie tracking (which I guess is her #1 selling point) isn’t perfect and if you could turn it on and off then that’d be a good medium - calories on the recipes for those of who are bulking, for example, and being able to switch them off for those who could be triggered yknow?

I have. I can’t really compare it to anything else but you get exercise guides both for the gym and home. There’s a few recipes (and they are good I have to admit) but overall the app has always been broken for me and it’s super buggy. I did like the exercises but so many things were off… only being able to use the app while using data, only being able to use it on your phone (I’d much prefer being able to use it on the TV when at home) and generally crappy bugs that would make the app crash several times during a workout, lags, it’s just not good as an app. And the customer service, albeit nice, felt a bit like an auto reply most times so I didn’t even want to bother contacting them about bugs. I honestly think the lack of calorie tracking (which I guess is her #1 selling point) isn’t perfect and if you could turn it on and off then that’d be a good medium - calories on the recipes for those of who are bulking, for example, and being able to switch them off for those who could be triggered yknow?
This always pissed me off. I used to have an eating disorder however I’ve since recovered and now need to lose weight for medical reasons, so I need to count calories but I also understand why people don’t want to. It should be that the default is to have calories off but you can turn them on. Just like everything else she does, it was poorly executed.

It was incredibly glitchy, kept booting me out of my workouts and I’d have to start again. I also progressed to the Senior Home Guide expecting an upper/lower body split through the week to manage my rest days and got three full body workouts for each week of the plan. Around the same time she closed the Nobs group and that was it for me, I cancelled.

I couldn’t find a single recipe I really liked either - they were mostly strange veggie/vegan meals, weird-ass deserts or smoothies I’d never choose to make when there are much better recipes out there. Just my opinion but yeah, I’d avoid it.

Reactions: 1
Meggan Grubbs app has an option to turn calories on and off which is cool. Not that I use it, I absolutely hate the idea of subscribing to a fitness app because I feel like they’ll never be a good time to cancel the subscription

Reactions: 1
lmao so I've worked out my issue with her adverts for the app. they don't even show you how the app works? like, they don't show you 'here are the features' 'here's how you can adapt it to suit you!' It's just a minute long of LUCY talking about how glorious and fantastic she is 🙄

Reactions: 4
oh FANTASTIC ! I can't wait for privileged white women to comment on another privileged white woman's life and act as though they're above all that. If social media didn't exist and they couldn't check twitter for their opinions they'd be FINE with it

Attachments