Lucy Mountain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I already said this earlier on but I seriously think some of the posts were just attention seeking (this isn't RE: to mental health problems or dangerous living conditions btw!!). I recall one person in particular who'd post about their bizzare issues like thrice a day to the point where it's like seriously? You again? What is it that you want? Puppy pics or a coconut kinder bueno cake ad off aldi?
I do get it though, I know exactly what it's like when you have no one else to talk to, but especially if you're from a relatively small place and you're out there describing things about your private life so in depth... It's just unsafe and not anonymous, I mean, the world is small. Perhaps it's for the best it got shut down. Although it'd make a ton more sense to delete the group altogether but that'd be bad for business I guess
Shutting down the group would mean removing each member individually. It will take days if not weeks. Don't think she wants to do that much hard work and clearly won't pay people to do it either.

Reactions: 1
Yeah unfortunately those types of forums and spaces on the internet attract people like that. I think in cases like Lucy's she puts herself forward as a friend/chief nob/queen/bestie/close friend who has some sort of relationship with you and you see some people (who are clearly rather vulnerable or not in the best of head spaces, per their posts) eat it up. The reality is that they are all just Lucy's customers and lining her pockets and I doubt she could give a shite about any of them (which she shouldn't have too tbf) but she let's on otherwise.

Mind you, scenario's like this aren't exclusive to Lucy because you see it all the time with influencers.

Yeah unfortunately those types of forums and spaces on the internet attract people like that. I think in cases like Lucy's she puts herself forward as a friend/chief nob/queen/bestie/close friend who has some sort of relationship with you and you see some people (who are clearly rather vulnerable or not in the best of head spaces, per their posts) eat it up. The reality is that they are all just Lucy's customers and lining her pockets and I doubt she could give a shite about any of them (which she shouldn't have too tbf) but she let's on otherwise.

Mind you, scenario's like this aren't exclusive to Lucy because you see it all the time with influencers.
This is what is so manipulative about her 'final statement'. She said she was talking to the group members as though she would a friend, but the thing is, they aren't her friends. They're the ones who are paying for her holidays, her expensive skin and hair care, her spacious one bed flat etc etc. They are commodities to her, not friends. They serve a purpose for her so it makes sense to make them feel as though they mean something to her when in reality they're consumers of her brand.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is what is so manipulative about her 'final statement'. She said she was talking to the group members as though she would a friend, but the thing is, they aren't her friends. They're the ones who are paying for her holidays, her expensive skin and hair care, her spacious one bed flat etc etc. They are commodities to her, not friends. They serve a purpose for her so it makes sense to make them feel as though they mean something to her when in reality they're consumers of her brand.
Exactly. she also used (in my opinion) different ethnicities and larger women as tokens to show people "look how I diverse I am!" But racist comments went massively unchecked in that group and if you said something you'd get accused of bullying. So instead of actually paying people to do something about it she closes it instead? Bullshit

And to add, Lucy definitely had a set of cliquey "ultra fans" that she used at her disposal. Made them feel like they were her friends but really they were free labor to her.

Reactions: 5
Exactly. she also used (in my opinion) different ethnicities and larger women as tokens to show people "look how I diverse I am!" But racist comments went massively unchecked in that group and if you said something you'd get accused of bullying. So instead of actually paying people to do something about it she closes it instead? Bullshit

And to add, Lucy definitely had a set of cliquey "ultra fans" that she used at her disposal. Made them feel like they were her friends but really they were free labor to her.
Omg you are saying everything I'm thinking ! I would agree with this. The photo shoot for the launch of nobs app couldn't have screamed 'performative activism' any louder really. Instead of just popping them in front of a camera, she was in a position to really make a difference for people of colour, disabled people and others and uplift them and amplify their voices. However she accepted free labour from two WOC who moderated the group (notice how the rest of the PAID team was white?!), and didn't step in when one of them was subjected to such severe racism in a WhatsApp group that she had to leave.

Similar to how post-BLM she did a lot of takeovers but once they stopped serving her a purpose she stopped them, or when she allowed her social media team to post that (very very very poorly researched and misguided) post about Juneteenth. I once saw a comment that said that if a POC spoke up about their experience in the group their post was often deleted or the comments were turned off. But THANK GOD that her and her skinny, white, privileged friends made a podcast to talk about their feelings on all these issues because what the world really needs right now is more opinions from skinny white women

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Sorry I might have missed this but what was the drama in the whatsapp group?
I wasn't part of the WhatsApp group personally so this is second hand information that might be wrong, but from what I've heard, from more than one person, there was a girl in the London nobs WhatsApp group who was also a moderator for the nobs Facebook page (who is a WOC) was essentially bullied out of the London nobs chat and there were elements of racism involved. She then also left her 'job' as moderator. I've also deliberately not named her, however if you were even mildly active in the group you'll likely know who I mean

Again, this is a shortened version of what I've been told by various people, this could be incorrect.

I wasn't part of the WhatsApp group personally so this is second hand information that might be wrong, but from what I've heard, from more than one person, there was a girl in the London nobs WhatsApp group who was also a moderator for the nobs Facebook page (who is a WOC) was essentially bullied out of the London nobs chat and there were elements of racism involved. She then also left her 'job' as moderator. I've also deliberately not named her, however if you were even mildly active in the group you'll likely know who I mean

Again, this is a shortened version of what I've been told by various people, this could be incorrect.
I used to be in this WhatsApp group but it was so cliquey I left. I think I know who you're referring to but I didn't see that she got bullied out so it must have been after I left. If it is the same person, I thought she was so lovely 😒

I already said this earlier on but I seriously think some of the posts were just attention seeking (this isn't RE: to mental health problems or dangerous living conditions btw!!). I recall one person in particular who'd post about their bizzare issues like thrice a day to the point where it's like seriously? You again? What is it that you want? Puppy pics or a coconut kinder bueno cake ad off aldi?
I do get it though, I know exactly what it's like when you have no one else to talk to, but especially if you're from a relatively small place and you're out there describing things about your private life so in depth... It's just unsafe and not anonymous, I mean, the world is small. Perhaps it's for the best it got shut down. Although it'd make a ton more sense to delete the group altogether but that'd be bad for business I guess
I remember there would often be the same people just posting the most inane nonsense, like 'Anyone know where I can find [insert thing you can easily Google]?'

Reactions: 2
I used to be in this WhatsApp group but it was so cliquey I left. I think I know who you're referring to but I didn't see that she got bullied out so it must have been after I left. If it is the same person, I thought she was so lovely 😒
This is exactly what I heard, it sounded like such a nasty group and I feel so sorry for that girl, she was genuinely lovely and clearly was given no support from Lucy

I remember there would often be the same people just posting the most inane nonsense, like 'Anyone know where I can find [insert thing you can easily Google]?'
Anyone else remember the one when a girl asked how to wear white socks with trainers? Not like looking for style tips, just genuinely had no idea 😂

Anyone else remember the one when a girl asked how to wear white socks with trainers? Not like looking for style tips, just genuinely had no idea 😂

Lmaooooo I have a screenshot of this one that I sent to my friend is disbelief that anybody could be so useless

It sounds like the Courtney black fb group, people asking things like "will I gain weight if I drink diet coke" and "if this recipe is for two people, do I count the calories for the whole thing or do I log half of it?"

• Haha
Reactions: 3
If anyone has a link to the 'Nobs Unite' chat, drop it below bc I'd love to see some of that action 😂 Also am keeping my eye on Lucy's IG to see what this 'new space' is - does anyone have any guesses?

Maybe like a forum inside the nobs app where only subbed members can participate? I’m honestly a bit weirded out she’s not said almost anything about the nobs group closing down on insta? I was expecting some screenshots of tattle and tons of “sending all nobs love” or something

Reactions: 6
Maybe like a forum inside the nobs app where only subbed members can participate? I’m honestly a bit weirded out she’s not said almost anything about the nobs group closing down on insta? I was expecting some screenshots of tattle and tons of “sending all nobs love” or something
Hahaha, might restart my membership to get in on that. How the hell can they regulate something like that anyway?

Tbh I'm 100% sure that Lucy is reading this, whether it's through her obsessed followers screenshotting and sending them to her (to those ppl, you are literally a walking credit card to her, no seriously, she has no loyalty to you) or if she's on here herself. she thrives off stuff like this clearly, however she's not totally stupid and would know that no good would come from posting screenshots of this.

Yes, it's so weird that she's just avoided it entirely, considering how much she initially pushed the community aspect of nobs as part of how it made her brand so different. Now she's avoiding accountability and sweeping it all under the carpet, and I'm sure any comments about it would be blocked and deleted in an instant. Same with the whatsapp groups, she loved it when it showed how supportive and connected people were being because it reflected well on her, but as soon as people started thinking for themselves or asking questions, she turns into a dictator planting spies everywhere.

It's really exasperating as it's revealed just how much of a sham her persona really is. The comments made further up, about how she exploited fat and POC and Black bodies to jump onto the diversity bandwagon is especially infuriating.

She blurs being a person and a brand, taking advantage of whichever position benefits her in the moment. She'll be your friend to exploit your generosity and community building, and swiftly pull it all away when it doesn't serve her brand image. And she evidently has no integrity at all. She might think she can avoid ever confronting this whole mess and just move on, but darling, the internet never forgets.

Hahaha, might restart my membership to get in on that. How the hell can they regulate something like that anyway?
I'm sure some cliquey mug will be happy to volunteer their time to serve the queen nob!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Yes, it's so weird that she's just avoided it entirely, considering how much she initially pushed the community aspect of nobs as part of how it made her brand so different. Now she's avoiding accountability and sweeping it all under the carpet, and I'm sure any comments about it would be blocked and deleted in an instant. Same with the whatsapp groups, she loved it when it showed how supportive and connected people were being because it reflected well on her, but as soon as people started thinking for themselves or asking questions, she turns into a dictator planting spies everywhere.

It's really exasperating as it's revealed just how much of a sham her persona really is. The comments made further up, about how she exploited fat and POC and Black bodies to jump onto the diversity bandwagon is especially infuriating.

She blurs being a person and a brand, taking advantage of whichever position benefits her in the moment. She'll be your friend to exploit your generosity and community building, and swiftly pull it all away when it doesn't serve her brand image. And she evidently has no integrity at all. She might think she can avoid ever confronting this whole mess and just move on, but darling, the internet never forgets.

I'm sure some cliquey mug will be happy to volunteer their time to serve the queen nob!
It doesn't surprise me that she's doing that. Her PR and social media team (likely the same person/people) are clearly not on the ball, if they were they would have advised her against posting the moderator job as a volunteer position, although saying that, I bet she is a witch to work for. She's been told to avoid posting about it (aside from her self-pitying story where she said she 'had a cry', like come on, you brought this on yourself and could have been prevented if you literally paid someone less than £200 a month)

I'm disgusted by her blatant exploitation of POC and fat people for her own gain, whilst ignoring the overt racism that was happening within the Facebook group and even ignoring the racially motivated bullying that one of her own staff experienced!

You made an excellent point about her switching between being a person and a brand, I could never articulate that properly but you did it perfectly. She has shown that she has zero integrity, she is a standard over-privileged, spoilt white woman. Anyone who still refers to her as a 'Queen' or 'Our Chief Nob' (which not only is disgustingly sycophantic, it's also culturally appropriating Native American culture, although I doubt Lucy cares about that, hey, she's a white woman!) is utterly pathetic, seriously find some hobbies that don't involve being obsessed with another human. Also they're either incredibly naive, racist themselves, or extremely young (honey, if you're under 15 you don't count, you don't know any better).

It doesn't surprise me that she's doing that. Her PR and social media team (likely the same person/people) are clearly not on the ball, if they were they would have advised her against posting the moderator job as a volunteer position, although saying that, I bet she is a witch to work for. She's been told to avoid posting about it (aside from her self-pitying story where she said she 'had a cry', like come on, you brought this on yourself and could have been prevented if you literally paid someone less than £200 a month)

I'm disgusted by her blatant exploitation of POC and fat people for her own gain, whilst ignoring the overt racism that was happening within the Facebook group and even ignoring the racially motivated bullying that one of her own staff experienced!

You made an excellent point about her switching between being a person and a brand, I could never articulate that properly but you did it perfectly. She has shown that she has zero integrity, she is a standard over-privileged, spoilt white woman. Anyone who still refers to her as a 'Queen' or 'Our Chief Nob' (which not only is disgustingly sycophantic, it's also culturally appropriating Native American culture, although I doubt Lucy cares about that, hey, she's a white woman!) is utterly pathetic, seriously find some hobbies that don't involve being obsessed with another human. Also they're either incredibly naive, racist themselves, or extremely young (honey, if you're under 15 you don't count, you don't know any better).
This is the story I mean for those who are blocked / have unfollowed. Can you believe she went through Instagram and blocked all the people who spoke out against her?! Don’t become a ‘public figure’ if you can’t take the criticism that will come with it !

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I honestly think she’s just not cut out to be a “big” public figure. I reckon she started her infographics, they gained her a fair chunk of likes, she posted the Sarah thing and completely blew up gaining followers who have no interest in fitness. But she’s got to have a nobs crew tho?? I imagine she’s got people to help her with her social media presence and I completely agree with what’s been said above,

if they were they would have advised her against posting the moderator job as a volunteer position
I feel like no one really thought about it because they didn’t expect people to not agree with this as she’s our kinder bueno queen and that. It’s simply impossible to run a “fan” space as an influencer, because, see this source -https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/your-online-secrets/201607/youre-not-really-friends-internet-celebrity . It’s just so textbook!! It’s p much like those tumblr posts in 2012 where it says “don’t give up because i care” and it’s got 2 million reblogs and the poster couldn’t give less of a tit what you’re going through lool

I’m just upset I took the same bait w Lucy… like girl….

Reactions: 6
I feel like no one really thought about it because they didn’t expect people to not agree with this as she’s our kinder bueno queen and that. It’s simply impossible to run a “fan” space as an influencer,
I'm not sure the FB community and subsequent groups were just fan spaces. As far as I knew of them, they were a support group initially for people who aligned with her anti diet culture philosophy, and more importantly, were her target market for her plans and other products. I really thought you couldn't join unless you were using the guides at first! But yes, bc of the way she came across online, especially sharing really vulnerable moments, it definitely lead people to feel closer to her.

I think her PR/marketing team really missed a trick sadly, supporting the group with a proper paid team to manage it would have paid off. They were a captive audience for her products, you couldn't buy that kind of loyalty with any amount of advertising. And despite some of the increasingly unhinged posts, proper moderation might have been able to turn it around, maybe. And failing to recognise what an important resource it had become, and just blowing people off, that'll leave a bitter taste for a lot of people and really mess up her reputation as an inclusive, body/food positive fitness influencer figure.

Reactions: 4
I'm not sure the FB community and subsequent groups were just fan spaces. As far as I knew of them, they were a support group initially for people who aligned with her anti diet culture philosophy, and more importantly, were her target market for her plans and other products. I really thought you couldn't join unless you were using the guides at first! But yes, bc of the way she came across online, especially sharing really vulnerable moments, it definitely lead people to feel closer to her.

I think her PR/marketing team really missed a trick sadly, supporting the group with a proper paid team to manage it would have paid off. They were a captive audience for her products, you couldn't buy that kind of loyalty with any amount of advertising. And despite some of the increasingly unhinged posts, proper moderation might have been able to turn it around, maybe. And failing to recognise what an important resource it had become, and just blowing people off, that'll leave a bitter taste for a lot of people and really mess up her reputation as an inclusive, body/food positive fitness influencer figure.
When the Facebook group started it was as an ‘exclusive’ perk to those who had a gym guide. Once she started posting workouts on her Instagram IGTV around new year she opened up the Facebook group to all who requested to join. It was where she initially advertised the nobs app, offering a special lifetime discount code to those who signed up.

I would agree. I think the nobs group could have grown into something lovely on a different level, if it had offered paid positions as well as increasing moderating (perhaps looking for some globally for close to 24hr monitoring), therefore immediately monitoring all comments. It’s just a shame that after all this, Lucy still says she didn’t think any of her business decisions were wrong or that she will accept criticisms about it. There is so much growth to be had by learning from your mistakes and getting things wrong and her adamance to not do that will only further hinder the nobs brand.

Reactions: 4