Lucy Mountain

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s very ironic that she’s become exactly what she was so against when many people followed her. She fails to acknowledge that she is incredibly privileged, she is navigating the world in a size 8 body, she’s white, conventionally attractive, well-educated, stable income, family money and an enormous flat. She fails to recognise this privilege and she also fails to use her large platform to lift up POC, disabled influencers or essentially anyone who doesn’t look like her. Her podcast is the epitome of this, three rich, thin, white women who think the world needs to hear MORE of their views on things. After BLM she was quite good with doing the takeovers, however I would assume that once she realised this wasn’t benefitting her she stopped. It’s also worth noting that almost her whole team was white, except for one WOC who was in an unpaid position.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
She's exactly the people she preaches she's not. She's a typical influencer with massive privilege and likes to pretend she doesn't. She's not relatable in the slightest and too try hard. She's very pretentious.

Reactions: 7
Oh, another thing, sorry for posting so often, but I just had to say it - the nobs app is so tit? It's so bugged and I can't be the only one with this issue? I bought a sub right after launch and it was unusable, it crashed mid workouts, I had to restart them all the time, it just wasn't user friendly at all. I then gave it a second chance sometime after a new version was released and I'd gotten a new phone so I thought it'd work for sure this time but the same thing happened and I barely got two full workouts out of it. Every time I'd contact support they'd ask me to send videos of the issue? How? How am I meant to predict a crash was going to happen. Isn't this sort of ... their job to figure out? Anyways, to think you'd get a sub to a very badly made app in exchange for free labour. Big yikes. I wonder how much money they get each month off the app

Oh, another thing, sorry for posting so often, but I just had to say it - the nobs app is so tit? It's so bugged and I can't be the only one with this issue? I bought a sub right after launch and it was unusable, it crashed mid workouts, I had to restart them all the time, it just wasn't user friendly at all. I then gave it a second chance sometime after a new version was released and I'd gotten a new phone so I thought it'd work for sure this time but the same thing happened and I barely got two full workouts out of it. Every time I'd contact support they'd ask me to send videos of the issue? How? How am I meant to predict a crash was going to happen. Isn't this sort of ... their job to figure out? Anyways, to think you'd get a sub to a very badly made app in exchange for free labour. Big yikes. I wonder how much money they get each month off the app
Yes! It's sooooo bad! Half the time the videos don't work and it's so irritating

Reactions: 1
in the group someone had commented that it’s ‘ableist’ to be against volunteer work because disabled people can’t always work??? huh? I think it’s ableist that people don’t value disabled people’s contributions, time, energy and labour enough to pay them simply because they often can’t work 9-5! Is my labour not worthy of payment because I’m disabled and can’t work a 40 hour week? I wouldn’t be able to use the bleeping nobs app even I wanted to! A social media moderator job with flexible hours, wfh and deciding what you can contribute would have been PERFECT (if it was paid ofc) for anyone who struggles with how rigid companies are and are on poverty wages as a result - like disabled people or people with caring responsibilities (etc).

these sorts of jobs are literally how we can diversify spaces but it’s clear that there’s no interest in doing that 🙃 volunteer work is free labour no matter how you try and spin it

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The app costs approx £100 a year. Even if the app only had 1000 users (which is very likely an underestimate) it would still be earning Lucy 100k a year. I know that doesn’t take into consideration outing expenses etc but that’s still a lot of cash. Then she has brand deals, sponsored posts, ad’s etc

• Wow
it’s ‘ableist’ to be against volunteer work
I don't think most of the people there understood the issue. I'm not against volunteer work. I've volunteered in a soup kitchen for several years now because I know their funding is extremely low. I know who's funding defo isn't low though... it's a different deal giving out food to low income families AND working for free to moderate a massive facebook group while the actual CEO of the company is preaching how important it is to love yourself and not settle for less while at Mykonos. I guess this is just the harsh reality (we live in a society...) because so many clever people do unpaid internships and are paid with "experience" and are esentially being robbed.

Reactions: 6
I don't think most of the people there understood the issue. I'm not against volunteer work. I've volunteered in a soup kitchen for several years now because I know their funding is extremely low. I know who's funding defo isn't low though... it's a different deal giving out food to low income families AND working for free to moderate a massive facebook group while the actual CEO of the company is preaching how important it is to love yourself and not settle for less while at Mykonos. I guess this is just the harsh reality (we live in a society...) because so many clever people do unpaid internships and are paid with "experience" and are esentially being robbed.
Yes! This is what I meant when I commented ! It was so wrong that she was doing that. I talked to someone that interviewed for the position of social media manager (paid) who asked what Lucy’s goals were with the nobs brand and she said her main goal was to ‘get the app page verified’ then when asked what else, she didn’t know, there was no comments about how they wanted to help people more or further amplify POC voices.

• Wow
ABSOLUTELY THIS! The volunteer work offered will benefit her brand regardless of nobs trying to be pitched as a ‘community’. People saying ‘it’s not like she is a huge corporation’ is exactly how people get away with this tit and hoard their wealth instead of actually redistributing it to more marginalised people who could’ve benefited from extra income on a flexible basis.

She lives on her own in a 1 bed flat in London and has been on at least two holidays in a global pandemic - are they seriously saying she couldn’t pay a couple of people national living wage for a couple of hours a week? I don’t know her finances so maybe she can’t but then you shouldn’t be asking people to do it for free 🙃 it’s the denial and defensiveness that really grates on me - at least own up to it.

Would she spend 1-4 hours a week, every week doing a truly thankless (and likely emotionally exhausting) moderating job as a favour to another brand in exchange for a product worth about £3? I doubt it, but then why is her time worth more than ours? She might not like it and might find it uncomfortable when people call her out on this, but I saw no one being genuinely nasty. Being called out on your tit is often the only way we learn and do better - she would benefit from actually thinking about why she got the reaction she did instead of getting defensive and putting it down to negativity/“everyone’s out to get me”.

My favourite comment was ‘I have PAID someone to consult with me’ and someone replied with ‘well done for doing the bare minimum as an employer’ 😭 amazing

Reactions: 14
Awww I missed all the drama. I just always loved the NOBS group for a bit of escapism as I am a boring married mother now I felt like I could impart wisdom 🤣 It felt like the Handbag.com forums from yesteryear (showing my age there).

Lucy feels very much like she is throwing her toys out of the pram and I worry for her brand now. Removing a captive audience is a tricky move, see Styled By Susie etc

Reactions: 4
I still wanna know why her and Dan broke up like 5 minutes after their big *+*+bed sharer*+*+ announcement and starting nobs together. Although I’ve v briefly listened to her podcast and I don’t think she’s that mature when it comes to relationships imo

I still wanna know why her and Dan broke up like 5 minutes after their big *+*+bed sharer*+*+ announcement and starting nobs together. Although I’ve v briefly listened to her podcast and I don’t think she’s that mature when it comes to relationships imo
On this, I think it’s interesting that aside from Dan, she clearly can’t hold down a relationship. Of course I don’t know the ins and outs, but it speaks volumes that a woman who is conventionally attractive, slim, intelligent etc can’t seem to find a partner. I think she’s emotionally immature (shown by her throwing her toys out the pram in regards to the Facebook group) as well as (I would imagine) impossible to please which would be why all her relationships don’t work out.

Reactions: 1
The whole asking for people to volunteer /not paying them thing is giving me Grace Beverly vibes from when she would pay her Shreddy content creators peanuts

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was a big fan of Lucy's: bought her Aflete guides (were actually quite good), had her (typo ridden) cookbook and was trying to persevere with the (very crappy) app she released. The Facebook group was a key factor in me being willing to part with my money to support her, it provided helpful advice and what I felt was a relatively safe space to discuss specific issues.

Now all of a sudden Lucy has decided to close the group 'for her mental health' after being upset about being (rightly) called out when she tried to capitalise on people's affection for the group, and essentially get free labour for something she either didn't have time for/couldn't be bothered to do herself? What about the mental health of followers who relied on and benefitted from the Facebook group it cost her next to nothing to run and complimented her business?

I immediately cancelled my App subscription and will not be engaging with her content anymore. I'd be interested to see how many others have done the same. You can't expect to make £100,000s and not give something back. Really disappointed as she did used to be one of the good ones.

Reactions: 14
Same, I use to give Lucy my hard earn £££ because I use to genuinely think that she stood out as an authentic content creator which I now understand was just her entire brand the whole time and we have all been duped lol.

I one stage I enjoyed the NOBS fb page back in circa 2018/19 and use to get really good advice from the people on there but it changed into a big cesspit of people who had clearly never been told to stfu irl. (Just m' humble opinion) But I suppose there's a reason they are all fans of Lucy lol.

• Sad
I would encourage everyone on this thread, reading or commenting, to unfollow her and unsubscribe from her app. Continuing to give her your following and your hard earned money is sending the message that you're on her side and that you stand by her dreadful behaviour.

Same, I use to give Lucy my hard earn £££ because I use to genuinely think that she stood out as an authentic content creator which I now understand was just her entire brand the whole time and we have all been duped lol.

I one stage I enjoyed the NOBS fb page back in circa 2018/19 and use to get really good advice from the people on there but it changed into a big cesspit of people who had clearly never been told to stfu irl. (Just m' humble opinion) But I suppose there's a reason they are all fans of Lucy lol.
OMG YES TO THIS! The Facebook group ended up being filled with the most awful advice, it felt like it was only one step away from someone posting 'I just killed my boyfriend's mum now he's saying he's going to break up with me' and the comments being like 'Omg red flag girl he's bad' 'Get yourself a new boyfriend!' 'You do whatever you need to do to make yourself happy'. It was TOXIC and filled with terrible, terrible advice, of course they would follow their leader no matter what she does.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Not to mention that some of the things people were asking for advice about were hinting towards serious mental health problems/dangerous living conditions. It worried me that the Facebook group was their only source of advice? And that when they were writing the questions down that they didn't think once 'actually as I am writing this I can see this is not a good position for me to be in'?

I already said this earlier on but I seriously think some of the posts were just attention seeking (this isn't RE: to mental health problems or dangerous living conditions btw!!). I recall one person in particular who'd post about their bizzare issues like thrice a day to the point where it's like seriously? You again? What is it that you want? Puppy pics or a coconut kinder bueno cake ad off aldi?
I do get it though, I know exactly what it's like when you have no one else to talk to, but especially if you're from a relatively small place and you're out there describing things about your private life so in depth... It's just unsafe and not anonymous, I mean, the world is small. Perhaps it's for the best it got shut down. Although it'd make a ton more sense to delete the group altogether but that'd be bad for business I guess

Reactions: 5