Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Larrylamb

Has anyone listened to her podcast? Is it any good?
To me, it gives off that kind of vibe of people who think they all deserve a medal for “B0sS BiTcHiN” life. It’s like “omg guys I’m working on myself/loving myself / I don’t need to answer to anyone because I’m empowered/ you can and should be too. Oh also I’m really quirky because I’m in my late 20’s and I’m single and don’t have a mortgage/ follow the typical conventions of our society but I’m still happy because you don’t need those things to be happy xxxx”

Like they’re they only people in the world who are single, happy, and working on themselves? It’s not exactly a revelation 😂

It’s just 3 basic gals talking about basic af millennial problems like they’re philosophers. It’s just a bit immature and cringe.

And one of the girls can barely get through a sentence without giggling about whatever she’s saying!!

Reactions: 7

qwerty1996

I still wanna know why her and Dan broke up like 5 minutes after their big *+*+bed sharer*+*+ announcement and starting nobs together. Although I’ve v briefly listened to her podcast and I don’t think she’s that mature when it comes to relationships imo

natalalalia

Hey all! Glad to have found this space, I was one of the people speaking out against Lucy’s unpaid labour/slave approach. I then also tried to remind people that the whole ‘let’s send Lucy positive messages’ crap was just going down a toxic parasocial relationship that is weird af.
I then got jumped on by Lucy for making her feel ‘deeply uncomfortable.

Shes also now shared screenshots of a WhatsApp chat that has been taken wildly out of context.
I’m done.
That whole Head Nob thread had such icky vibes to it, and the fact that any rational criticism was met so poorly... ooof.

But the screenshots of other people's chats?! That's so out of order and such a disappointment

Tilly87

She's exactly the people she preaches she's not. She's a typical influencer with massive privilege and likes to pretend she doesn't. She's not relatable in the slightest and too try hard. She's very pretentious.

emily287

Basically there was a WhatsApp group for the local area (up north) and there was a LOT of bullying in it. Calling people out over very small things, openly saying in the group they didn’t like me, didn’t think I should be part of it, and also going as far as to make an Instagram and reposting my photos with horrible captions. I told Lucy and she basically said ‘well you must have done something to upset them, just apologise to them or grow up’ like okay I get she doesn’t own that subset of group, but to openly just say ‘yeah I accept stuff like that’ is so wrong.

Not to mention the fact all of her ‘models’ are POC or not ‘social norms’ and openly said she doesn’t want anyone modelling her stuff who’s thin or blonde (I mean…are we not allowed to just be into fitness) you can’t just pretend a group of people don’t exist?’
That is SO typical Lucy. The second that anyone speaks out against her behaviour, she shuts an entire Facebook group down. When someone is being bullied by her group members, she couldn’t give a shit! She is a very nasty, entitled white woman who has a saviour complex. I bet she’s done one of those “white women saves an entire African village and posts about it on her Instagram” bollocks back when she was younger. (clarification: I am mocking people who do this specific type of white saviourism. This is no way supports my own view on anything)

However I don’t have an issue with her models not being ‘societal norms’, I think that’s great and would be inclusive, however it’s twisted by the fact that she ONLY uses POC / disabled / fat models for her own benefit and that couldn’t be clearer ! She never posts about fat activism or BLM (except maybe for a day or two last year? When it was ‘trendy’ to be posting about it) Using models that aren’t the traditional white, slim cookie cutter is a really cool thing to do but she’s clearly doing it to get clicks etc which I HATE

• Heart

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
I have no particular time for Lucy and I find her message extremely confused but this last page does kind of perfectly exemplify the bind that our generation of liberal women have got ourselves into with this stuff - one person saying she only features WOC as tokens, and within a couple of posts she’s criticised for boosting the business of “another white woman”. This is kind of facile, really, because literally nobody can win along these parameters. If you feature POC you’re a cringe tokenist trying to curry favour but if you feature a white person you’re not committed to racial justice? I mean, what?

I say this as a woman who is not white and with one first gen immigrant parent: close to 90% of this country is white. In some areas it’s not far off 99%.By definition the vast majority of businesses in this country are owned by white people. It’s not weird if the majority of your friends and acquaintances are white. For most people it’s more or less a statistical certainty.

If people are going to be punished or criticised for that then they can hardly be blamed for tokenistic gestures.
I totally understand what you mean, but she lives in London and an area that isn't exactly just white people and if she's going to carry on saying she's so diverse then the least she can do is actually boost the businesses and centre the accounts of POC. Surely it's no good just having them as models if you're not even going to go out of your way to share businesses and resources that are not from white people. That's why I would say it's tokenistic. It's all well and good having diversity on surface level but if she's really about it then surely she should putting traffic and money where her mouth is towards non white people.

She didn't have to go down the "look how diverse I am" road...she chose to and she's being lazy about it imo

qwerty1996

The app costs approx £100 a year. Even if the app only had 1000 users (which is very likely an underestimate) it would still be earning Lucy 100k a year. I know that doesn’t take into consideration outing expenses etc but that’s still a lot of cash. Then she has brand deals, sponsored posts, ad’s etc

• Wow

qwerty1996

this is exactly how I feel too.
Yeah, something just doesn't sit right with me when a very conventionally beautiful, white, thin and financially privileged straight girl with what seems to be a very base level understanding of politics and social issues posts some 2015 boss girl philosophy and gets reacted with "YASSS FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT!!!". I sorta wish she would sorta just stay in her fitness/PT lane because it's the reason why most followed her to begin with idk

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Also it's not as if she thought "yeah maybe they have a point" instead she went extra further to be a dickhead and tell people to leave or she'll remove them 😂
She has the self-awareness of a turnip. That whole agree with me or get deleted attitude is pathetic. What does she do if someone challenges her in real life? Twat.

• Haha

Ellenpbj

this girl is unbearable. Plays on the sarcastic 'i'm real' humour a bit too much... honestly, everyone that finds her funny are just similar thin privileged girls

yellowflower66

I wonder what Lucy's approach is to avoid what happened with the last group. Is it just the rule about not having "nobs" in whatsapp groups? How is that going to help? (Just a petty observation but what's with the typos in the rules lol thought she was a serious woman in business?? "you unable" "this spaces") Surely now that we all know there's anti-nobs people around they'll just find ways to infiltrate again lol? Is this a vicious cycle Lucy's now on
It looks like it’s just the not having ‘nobs’ rule which looks as if it’s so she can’t be officially associated with any sub groups? Sounds like it’s a cop out so she doesn’t need to deal with anything that gets reported to her from those.

qwerty1996

Same, I use to give Lucy my hard earn £££ because I use to genuinely think that she stood out as an authentic content creator which I now understand was just her entire brand the whole time and we have all been duped lol.

I one stage I enjoyed the NOBS fb page back in circa 2018/19 and use to get really good advice from the people on there but it changed into a big cesspit of people who had clearly never been told to stfu irl. (Just m' humble opinion) But I suppose there's a reason they are all fans of Lucy lol.

• Sad

emily287

#getyerfaceout is so cringeworthy
I like the idea, however it feels wrong to have a conventionally attractive white woman doing it. She has pretty good skin, so I can't imagine it's very empowering to those who have acne, scarring, rosacea or other skin conditions (which don't impact on beauty at all btw) to see her being like 'I'm amazing for showing my bare face, it took SO much courage".

Although whilst typing this, can you imagine how much more 'popular' she'd be if she started all this vapid nonsense about self-love about 4 years earlier? But of course, she wouldn't have done it then, it was trendy to promote skinny teas so that's what she did.

natalalalia

Maybe like a forum inside the nobs app where only subbed members can participate? I’m honestly a bit weirded out she’s not said almost anything about the nobs group closing down on insta? I was expecting some screenshots of tattle and tons of “sending all nobs love” or something
Yes, it's so weird that she's just avoided it entirely, considering how much she initially pushed the community aspect of nobs as part of how it made her brand so different. Now she's avoiding accountability and sweeping it all under the carpet, and I'm sure any comments about it would be blocked and deleted in an instant. Same with the whatsapp groups, she loved it when it showed how supportive and connected people were being because it reflected well on her, but as soon as people started thinking for themselves or asking questions, she turns into a dictator planting spies everywhere.

It's really exasperating as it's revealed just how much of a sham her persona really is. The comments made further up, about how she exploited fat and POC and Black bodies to jump onto the diversity bandwagon is especially infuriating.

She blurs being a person and a brand, taking advantage of whichever position benefits her in the moment. She'll be your friend to exploit your generosity and community building, and swiftly pull it all away when it doesn't serve her brand image. And she evidently has no integrity at all. She might think she can avoid ever confronting this whole mess and just move on, but darling, the internet never forgets.

Hahaha, might restart my membership to get in on that. How the hell can they regulate something like that anyway?
I'm sure some cliquey mug will be happy to volunteer their time to serve the queen nob!

• Sad

emily287

Mental health reasons apparently, they all had their own shit to deal with, quote from Lucy “Sarah has the move, Tara has her business and I … have my own shit” wonder what she meant 🤨
Translation: We’re embarrassed by people calling us out but can’t admit we’re wrong so let’s use the trendy buzzword and say it’s our ‘mental health’

Also she is not a ‘fearless leader’. She cancelled an entire group after a handful of comments that called her out for her behaviour !

Attachments

kissfm

Oh, another thing, sorry for posting so often, but I just had to say it - the nobs app is so shit? It's so bugged and I can't be the only one with this issue? I bought a sub right after launch and it was unusable, it crashed mid workouts, I had to restart them all the time, it just wasn't user friendly at all. I then gave it a second chance sometime after a new version was released and I'd gotten a new phone so I thought it'd work for sure this time but the same thing happened and I barely got two full workouts out of it. Every time I'd contact support they'd ask me to send videos of the issue? How? How am I meant to predict a crash was going to happen. Isn't this sort of ... their job to figure out? Anyways, to think you'd get a sub to a very badly made app in exchange for free labour. Big yikes. I wonder how much money they get each month off the app

kissfm

Maybe like a forum inside the nobs app where only subbed members can participate? I’m honestly a bit weirded out she’s not said almost anything about the nobs group closing down on insta? I was expecting some screenshots of tattle and tons of “sending all nobs love” or something

Reactions: 6

thepantsqueen

VIP Member
That whole volunteering debacle (plus all the past dramas with TW, racism on the FB group etc) was the final straw for me. I feel embarrassed that I even got the old guide or shared her posts with friends. The total lack of awareness and meaningful change is so telling, yt cis girl feminism bs.

Like she had the nobs takeover for a little while while BLM was trending, and that was actually a good thing, platforming minority voices. That disappeared without a trace for those lame jokes about cycling etc.

What grinds me most is just how culty the die hard Lucy fans get, like you can't say anything about their dearest queen. When in reality, as a business owner, she should be open to critique and conversation, especially given that she's touted the nobs community almost as an asset for her brand. It's not something out of the goodness of her heart.

It reminds me of toxic yoga studios where they ask you you to do free service in exchange for a class, when in reality it's just super exploitative. Gross gross gross.
honestly it's such a cult mentality it's fucking weird!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6