Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lilykins

VIP Member
She also said today though how she doesn’t think she will give him much dairy anyway so maybe she won’t continue with the milk ladder?!?

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
I lost a lot of weight breastfeeding- I think I got back to pre-pregnancy weight in a few months. but my daughter would not stop! I couldn't eat enough to keep up. I breastfed for almost 2 years so it was a bit of a shock to the system when I stopped and THEN put on all the weight! I'm now heavier than I was when I gave birth :S

Teaandme

Lucy sharing her experiences MAY help others but I don’t think she’s been honest. She’s literally changed her story and experience to suit whatever she’s selling or advertising on a certain day. It’s the same with how Roman sleeps or how he’s being fed. It’s so disingenuous.
May be but from experience babies are all over the place, one month they sleep through the night then bam, they wake up 4 times in the night, mine both ate every single veg, avocado, everything when I was weaning, then get to a certain age and again bam, won’t eat anything but pasta and cheese!!! I personally think Lucy has been honest and will say if she’s having a crappy time, she may not say it at the time (probably feared of be judged!!) but she does say it how it is most the time or a little time later compared to those who make everything look lovely lovely all the time!

loveanatter

VIP Member
My little boy was 1 in recently and I cuddle him to sleep. I think I'd be heartbroken If he didn't want me to anymore. Haha. I'd rather him want that than not cry because he knows I won't get him. That's even sadder

See I read that differently. Maybe I misread it but I got that he basically said he misses them having alone time. That's it. BUT either way if my partner said he wants to come before our child, he'd be in trouble haha
I read the ‘but I’m feeding’ as being as fed up of us at her preaching about the fact she still feeds 😂

Libbyaugust737

Danielle Armstrong is only flogging the herbal shit because she’s making shit loads of money from it, it’s a con really because if it’s nutritious like she says it is then ok but just eat proper food which will be better for you anyway and miles cheaper! Makes me laugh, she’s swanning round in a Bentley off the back of it 😂. Agree with Lucy on this one

They’re following each other again now, have been since around the time Ryan followed his Mum again x
It is nutritious. But I'd never have done it if the plan included meal skipping. That I don't agree with.

Teaandme

Not to defend Lucy but has she not been adding bits of dairy into her diet before starting roman on the milk ladder? I remember a story recently where she said she had some (dairy) cheese
Yes she mentioned a few weeks back I remember, that she had been adding it back, I know my friend had to do this as well, so that’s why she’s having some bits of dairy, and then the same for Roman as well. My friend did it for her daughter and it worked.

Teaandme

It was a genuine question as I don’t know anybody who’s breastfed so all experiences I know of are those online, who either just got on with it or those, like Lucy who seem to talk about it non stop- good and bad. To me, I don’t care how babies are fed, as long as they are. In fact there was no judgement in my post. I have never turned my nose up at anybody for choosing formula and I could easily be as offended at your insinuation that I have. I quite clearly stated that I don’t have the answer to why rates are so low, just offered an opinion.
I’m not talking about the cases where there are problems such as tongue tie, allergies etc. I do know that that can be a problem. I’m asking about the actual act of feeding if you don’t have any of these issues. I know I’m fortunate to have had no such thing to deal with, but that is exactly why I asked the question in the first place.Its interesting to know what the problems actually are other than hearing people just claim ‘it’s difficult’, ‘it’s hard’.
I think breast feeding can be exhausting, I certainly found it towards the end, even though it was only a couple of feeds or so a day. I had a hungry boy with big appetite, my friend breast fed and played with her hormones the whole time and felt on edge and as soon as she stopped at a year she felt like herself again, sometimes I think Lucy shared some of these experiences and they can help others. I think if more people with Lucy’s influence on social media shared these things then it would really help other mums, especially those that are first time or like at the moment with no network around other than social media, I also guess some don’t share for being judged either way. If they don’t they are bragging, if they do they are moaning! I think having a baby during lock down, even with a good support network on the end of the phone must still be really hard and lonely at the moment.

Chewycinema

Chatty Member
My daughter is 19 months and only just stopped being cuddled to sleep cos she got too big to get comfy so bedtime turned into playtime 🤣
I miss it so much but its better for us all round. I stay with her til she's either asleep or almost asleep. Could never leave her to cry and be distressed!

Miffy29

VIP Member
I wondered where Ryan is too, still in Manchester?! But you would think he would be there for Romans first birthday. Also, more flippin balloons 🙄