Lucy Letby Case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These photos of her are quite disturbing. She is said to be so caring yet she is clearly mocking intellectual disability in at least two of them. It would stand out to me even if it was a random person‘s photos I had stumbled on and goes beyond normal goofing off imo.
How have you come to that conclusion?
Have you never pulled a daft goofy face for a photo....ever?
My family would going down for life based on your suspicions.....
 
  • Like
Reactions: 22
So if the trial starts on Tuesday, is that when the jury will be selected? I bet if anyone has been called for next week at Manchester, they may well be omg!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 5
How have you come to that conclusion?
Have you never pulled a daft goofy face for a photo....ever?
My family would going down for life based on your suspicions.....
Precisely. Very weird to make assumptions based on photos.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4
So if the trial starts on Tuesday, is that when the jury will be selected? I bet if anyone has been called for next week at Manchester, they may well be omg!
Yes, the process should get underway Tuesday or Wednesday if the trial starts as planned.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
Sorry to derail but what happened to the young mum (I forgot her name) who left her twins alone in the house and then they died in a house fire? I believe there was a thread for that on here too?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Sorry to derail but what happened to the young mum (I forgot her name) who left her twins alone in the house and then they died in a house fire? I believe there was a thread for that on here too?
I'm sure it turned out it was mis reported and she hadn't left them alone. Something like that.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
If she's guilty then I wonder what her reasoning would be for killing innocent babies, but I doubt we will never know.
If she's innocent then how awful and traumatic to go through something like this.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
I'm sure it turned out it was mis reported and she hadn't left them alone. Something like that.
They was left on their own. And nothing still hasn’t been done. No one speaks about it openly and it’s all very secretive. The house is still exactly how it’s been left as well and still frightening the kids that walk past it daily on the school run.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
This is the one that I've been waiting for. It's going to be such a difficult one and there's gonna be a few mixed opinions on this thread.
I think, it's definitely a case where evidence will need to be heard before forming an opinion. It can't be judged by her 'butter wouldn't melt' appearance.

I mean, I looked at her and my initial thoughts were 'Nooo, she would never do that' BUT LL is the suspect for whatever reason.

Very little has been said so far, but there has been many people attempting to campaign her innocence. Lawyers on both sides have worked for years on evidence.

I hope the court transcript reporting of this is decent enough. I know a few of us have followed trials before and it can be hit or miss. But with it being a big case, there will be enough in the media for us to discuss.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
This is the one that I've been waiting for. It's going to be such a difficult one and there's gonna be a few mixed opinions on this thread.
I think, it's definitely a case where evidence will need to be heard before forming an opinion. It can't be judged by her 'butter wouldn't melt' appearance.

I mean, I looked at her and my initial thoughts were 'Nooo, she would never do that' BUT LL is the suspect for whatever reason.

Very little has been said so far, but there has been many people attempting to campaign her innocence. Lawyers on both sides have worked for years on evidence.

I hope the court transcript reporting of this is decent enough. I know a few of us have followed trials before and it can be hit or miss. But with it being a big case, there will be enough in the media for us to discuss.
Stars trial was really well covered by Dave Jagger.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 15
I'm why on earth we're people campaigning her innocence? Whilst nobody can say 1000% innocent or guilty, nobody should be campaigning for either outcome.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
It’s insane to me that people can be so sure of someone’s guilt/innocence enough to argue it when nobody has even heard any of the evidence.

I agree, the trial for Star’s murder was very well reported and easy to follow along. Hopefully this one will be similar.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 14
I don’t think the reporting will be live daily? Especially with the restrictions in place for witnesses.
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I don’t think the reporting will be live daily? Especially with the restrictions in place for witnesses.
I don't know, can't they report live (or at least daily) but names and identity must be protected? So there maybe gaps, such as Logan Mwangi's case.

There's going to be a lot of interest and relatives who will want to follow the case without being in court, in person.
******""
For anyone who hasn't followed one of these trials before, the trial will begin with prosecution and their opening speech on why they believe LL is guilty and what evidence they are going to produce to back up their case.
The prosecution case will likely take months.

Sometimes the first witnesses are those who will paint a picture of the type of person LL is. Prosecution will be focusing on her 'negative' traits. They will want to draw the attention away from the 'girl next door looks'.
Maybe, it will be suggested that she was a 'loner, obsessive etc' - but we don't know
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm why on earth we're people campaigning her innocence? Whilst nobody can say 1000% innocent or guilty, nobody should be campaigning for either outcome.
Oh God knows, there was a webpage months back 'free Lucy Letby' or something and a few Facebook pages...but they seem to have been taken down now or I can't find them. Given the enormity of the crime and the victims families, to plead for her innocence without knowing the evidence is pretty disgusting.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 10
I don’t think the reporting will be live daily? Especially with the restrictions in place for witnesses.
I don't know, can't they report live (or at least daily) but names and identity must be protected? So there maybe gaps, such as Logan Mwangi's case.

There's going to be a lot of interest and relatives who will want to follow the case without being in court, in person.
There are reporting restrictions in place right now to the point that her case hasn't even been showing up in the court listings when there is a scheduled hearing. It will be down to the judge if he allows live reporting and to what extent.

Once the jury is selected and seated, I'm hoping he will relax a bit. However, without them being sequestered, it is going to be very difficult for anyone to avoid hearing about Lucy Letby next week unless they're living under a rock. But I think the press will calm down as the trial progresses and it gets more technical and boring, especially if there's a lot of complex medical and/or shift pattern evidence.

I'm wondering if they might have requested a bigger jury pool to choose from than usual, as not many people are going to be ok with taking at least six months of work?

Oh God knows, there was a webpage months back 'free Lucy Letby' or something and a few Facebook pages...but they seem to have been taken down now or I can't find them. Given the enormity of the crime and the victims families, to plead for her innocence without knowing the evidence is pretty disgusting.
It's equally as disgusting for people calling for her to be hung before she'd even been charged as I saw. You gotta love those Facebook vigilantes 🙄
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: 14
It's equally as disgusting for people calling for her to be hung before she's even been charged as I saw. You gotta love those Facebook vigilantes 🙄
Well justice will only exist if the correct verdict is passed to the correct person.
Vigilantes will have her hung, drawn and quartered BUT if jury announce a guilty verdict on a person who is actually innocent, then justice will not be served.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.