Lucy Letby Case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've no experience of Nursing/hospitals etc.
How do they knows she's the only one been present? Is there an accurate signing in and out procedure?

Obviously I'm not saying it's a lie as I know they won't have said it if they weren't sure but just curious at how they worked it out.
Every hospital is different, but there is an online roster for management and a different version for staff. Some hospitals use a certain other system to sign people off to confirm they attended the shift. And various other ways - electronic records of things like recoding observations, if your key has been active, documentation.

Reactions: 2
Ignore my post, thought you were asking how do they know she’s the nurse present during all the emergencies.

I wonder how her parents feel after today . They support her but I bet it was a shock to them what they heard today .

I've no experience of Nursing/hospitals etc.
How do they knows she's the only one been present? Is there an accurate signing in and out procedure?

Obviously I'm not saying it's a lie as I know they won't have said it if they weren't sure but just curious at how they worked it out.
I had a card and I would sign in and out with it so that they knew I was on shift . Also had a signing in and out book .

When I was working everything was signed , some medications would be signed by myself and then another professional for controlled drugs .

Reactions: 6
The thing I find the most baffling is that she stopped.

She (allegedly) goes on this killing spree during 2015-2016 and then stops for 2 years, before her arrest in 2018.

That seems very unusual, usually people who get a thrill from killing (for whatever reason) start with their first killing where they are incredibly careful. Then there’s usually a long gap where they decide they won’t ever do it again. Then they do. Then they realise that murders are quite easy to get away with and they ramp it up a gear. Then they start being careless and that’s when they are caught.

She seems to have committed all of these crimes in quite short succession and then just… stopped? Was an internal investigation started at this point? What happened to make her stop?

Reactions: 26
Ignore my post, thought you were asking how do they know she’s the nurse present during all the emergencies.
Well I suppose what you said still makes sense if they can run a report on times dates she was in

Reactions: 1

She (allegedly) goes on this killing spree during 2015-2016 and then stops for 2 years, before her arrest in 2018.

That seems very unusual, usually people who get a thrill from killing (for whatever reason) start with their first killing where they are incredibly careful. Then there’s usually a long gap where they decide they won’t ever do it again. Then they do. Then they realise that murders are quite easy to get away with and they ramp it up a gear. Then they start being careless and that’s when they are caught.

She seems to have committed all of these crimes in quite short succession and then just… stopped? Was an internal investigation started at this point? What happened to make her stop?
I thought she stopped because she was taken off nursing duties. So she wouldn’t have had opportunity.

Reactions: 17

Maybe that's when they put her on admin duties.

Reactions: 4

I do think she knew police was sniffing around and there was internal reviews about the influx of infant deaths. That probably did scare her off

Reactions: 6
You do find aswell senior members talk to the nurses and tell the, about investigationes so she probably was made aware they was having investigations so stopped . We had one at the place I worked a lady died suddenly unexpectedly and it was investigatEd we all had to attend court etc . We was short staffed it Was said she died in her sleep naturally but was not noticed to be dead for some time when paper work was signed to say she had been checked by the staff member who had her as a patient . He got in real bad trouble

but my point is I bet Lucy knew they was investigating x

• Sad
Reactions: 9
On top of it, I do think the police knew for a while it was her but were making sure they could prove it was her before arresting her and making a charge. I also think the hospital knew more, tipped off the police and they worked with the police hence the move to admin. Because if she was in any way tipped off she could’ve fled or killed herself.

Reactions: 12
Just a question/suggestion for the running of the thread...Will we be having a new thread opened daily with a link in description for the live reporting, for example Lucy Letby trial day 2..3..etc. I seem to recall this was done for Stars trial.
It wasnt done for stars trial

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.