Lucy Letby Case

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Devastating trial. Haven’t managed to go back and read all the thread but have caught snippets here and there. I wonder if she murdered these babies because she didn’t feel the parents deserved them? If she had some fertility issues herself l? I just cannot understand it, especially then searching the families on Facebook. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Reactions: 16
I don't know of any cases where a doctor or nurse charged with multiple deaths has resulted in a not guilty verdict.

Reactions: 2
I was thinking before I read about her questioning the fluid bag. Could someone form the previous shift nor have put insulin into the fluid bags and then the effect happen when Lucy was on shift? Especially if it was only 90 minutes after her shift started then couldn’t, if the insulin spiked fluid was going in slowly had an effect after that amount of time?
Or if the insulin is diluted anyway(?) then she or someone else could have diluted them incorrectly?
The fluid boluses the only thing I could think is if she was setting up a line and got pulled away before finishing the set up and someone else saw, attached and started it without checking, then maybe the babies would’ve got an air bolus via that? I know certain drip pumps are clever and can usually pick up on air but I’m sure if the whole line is full of air they don’t?

Reactions: 1
I was thinking before I read about her questioning the fluid bag. Could someone form the previous shift nor have put insulin into the fluid bags and then the effect happen when Lucy was on shift? Especially if it was only 90 minutes after her shift started then couldn’t, if the insulin spiked fluid was going in slowly had an effect after that amount of time?
Or if the insulin is diluted anyway(?) then she or someone else could have diluted them incorrectly?
The fluid boluses the only thing I could think is if she was setting up a line and got pulled away before finishing the set up and someone else saw, attached and started it without checking, then maybe the babies would’ve got an air bolus via that? I know certain drip pumps are clever and can usually pick up on air but I’m sure if the whole line is full of air they don’t?
They were curious by her questioning the bags because two other children died after insulin was found in a fluid bag. They made it sound like she was tripping herself up imo.
1F8AB678-E0A4-40FF-B456-4270B32ACC7F.jpeg

I wonder if she watched Hollyoaks. They had a Doctor serial killer beginning in January 2015. Countess of Chester baby deaths started in June 2015. Maybe I’m crackers. Just seems a strange coincidence.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Alot of families were probably initially told that their child had died of natural causes. I'm guessing (if guilty) she was intrigued by them not suspecting a thing and she was revelling in their pain (and probably wanted to see a gofundme that praised the staff who looked after their child).

Or maybe she didn't like the parents?
She was probably wondering if there was going to be any investigation 😳

I wonder if she watched Hollyoaks. They had a Doctor serial killer beginning in January 2015. Countess of Chester baby deaths started in June 2015. Maybe I’m crackers. Just seems a strange coincidence.
I’ve been thinking of Hollyoaks! ‘The glove hand killer’! That turned out to be a pretty goody two shoes doctor. I can’t remember completely, but she injected something into patients sending them into cardiac arrest?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
But this would have also impacted other nurses. It would be rather an astonishing coincidence that it was only ever Lucy that picked the tampered with bags.

Reactions: 14
They were curious by her questioning the bags because two other children died after insulin was found in a fluid bag. They made it sound like she was tripping herself up imo.
View attachment 1640291
Could she have actually requested of thought, to the person who actually did it? Who obviously then made no effort for them to be checked.
I don’t think it’s a reach for her to think that the fluids had something to do with it with the type of death that occurred and the likelihood that it could’ve been via that method

But this would have also impacted other nurses. It would be rather an astonishing coincidence that it was only ever Lucy that picked the tampered with bags.
Was it not only twice though that it occurred via that method of insulin in the bags?

I’ve been thinking of Hollyoaks! ‘The glove hand killer’! That turned out to be a pretty goody two shoes doctor. I can’t remember completely, but she injected something into patients sending them in cardiac arrest?
She injected potassium something or other. She’d have to get the idea from somewhere…

Could she have actually requested of thought, to the person who actually did it? Who obviously then made no effort for them to be checked.
I don’t think it’s a reach for her to think that the fluids had something to do with it with the type of death that occurred and the likelihood that it could’ve been via that method
I imagine there has to be a record? I’m actually surprised that she was answering the police questions at all.

Reactions: 4
I imagine there has to be a record? I’m actually surprised that she was answering the police questions at all.
You’d think there would be but I think there are ways it could have been forgotten.ikr then being short staffed? She could’ve requested it but then forgot as she was busy or someone else had gotten rid of them before she could record her concerns. Yeah you would think she’s avoid them, especially since her answer for the particular question could be seen as her knowing what happened before it was confirmed

She injected potassium something or other. She’d have to get the idea from somewhere…
I remember from my training years ago that the would always warn us to never inject potassium because it can lead to cardiac arrest, they would even scare us with casefiles where they claimed that someone did that. There are so many things in hospital that an evil person could use...

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.