Lucy Letby Case #9

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeh, I’ve got to admit, so far, this witness seems to be getting tied in knots.
I suppose it’s difficult to document everything in these high pressure situations.
Hopefully, as incidents increased, documentation improved.
I wouldn’t describe it as a rash though, or bruising, as it’s neither. More accurately described as mottling, or discolouration, IMO.
Drilled into all nurses “if it isn’t documented it didn’t happen”. Shocking if they have simply failed to document!

Reactions: 10
Just a question, apart from Christmas, would court be scheduled for every week during the next 6 months or would they have any rest periods.

No reason why I ask. Its an emotive case, so would be nice to know if these families/jury and the court in general get some time off.
A planned week break in the ben mendy case was put in at the start of the trial.they have had their break and back in court

Reactions: 4
I was answering someone’s question.

The scapegoat theory has been discussed. I don’t know why you’re so offended by my post, I’m discussing in the same way everyone else is.

I have no interest in getting into these little spats that seem so common on these threads. You clearly enjoy it, please leave me out of it.
Yes - someone who asked you a question based on your previous non-sensical post just intended to cause tension. There’s been plenty of sarcasm and cattiness and it’s gonna be a llloonnggg 6 months if it continues like this 🙄

Reactions: 1
Yes - someone who asked you a question based on your previous non-sensical post just intended to cause tension. There’s been plenty of sarcasm and cattiness and it’s gonna be a llloonnggg 6 months if it continues like this 🙄
I’ve asked you to leave me out of these type of posts.
I’m here to discuss the case. 👍🏽

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Drilled into all nurses “if it isn’t documented it didn’t happen”. Shocking if they have simply failed to document!
I think the junior docs explanation for baby A is they were giving cpr for over 30 minutes and he was in extreme distress in the time afterwards. That’s not a good excuse, I completely agree it’s definitely bad it wasn’t noted. It has been noted this second time with baby B and from the nurse that witnessed it on baby b she remembers seeing it and thinking not again. I think that’s now three witnesses maybe more and now one note of it.

This. Whilst it doesn’t prove she’s guilty/not guilty it’s going to be bloody hard proving it if important evidence like this is quite sketchy. Perhaps it’s something that was only truly seen as odd once it was seen in more than one child, which of course isn’t right and if something is unusual ideally would have been documented etc. Perhaps someone mentioned it and people started talking.

Not defending anything here, but I know after an arrest/medical emergency I’m shaking and there’s a million thoughts going round my head. You really do have to take 5 minutes out to come round to be able to think straight. Especially if you work somewhere you don’t witness it very often. Having said that, still difficult to comprehend everyone involved would not of documented it. If I remember rightly someone even had to come in the next day to document?

Edit - just read the DM article, it’s hard to keep up tbh. Is the documentation in reference to baby B?

Reactions: 10
Try discussing it then? 🤦🏽‍♀️
I was discussing it, you clearly didn’t like my point of view and replied to me instead of just scrolling past. I’ve asked you twice to leave me out of this type of behaviour. I’ll ask a third and final time, leave me out of it.

Moving on!

• Heart
Question for nurses about notes

would you expect to see the word unusual?
Say if somebody in your care was unusually pale for a person who had a problem that you wouldn’t expect paleness to be a symptom would you write pale or unusually pale in your notes?

Reactions: 5

Say if somebody in your care was unusually pale for a person who had a problem that you wouldn’t expect paleness to be a symptom would you write pale or unusually pale in your notes?
Hmm perhaps ‘new’ pale appearance rather than unusual?

Reactions: 2

It’s interesting isn’t it because at what stage does it become ‘unusual’? And I’d certainly think if something was outside the frame of normal reference then it would be notable and highlighted in notes/discussions.

A question for medics if I may jump on? Would there be case study discussions/monthly meetings etc re: cases? Surely these would have come up?

Reactions: 4
I believe I’ve read there was M&M (morbidity and mortality) meetings held. But that’s normal (I think)

Yet the word ‘pitchfork’ has been mentioned twice on this thread today aimed at anyone who thinks she’s guilty. 🤷🏼‍♀️ The sarcasm and cattiness is definitely two way.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
It’s interesting isn’t it because at what stage does it become ‘unusual’? And I’d certainly think if something was outside the frame of normal reference then it would be notable and highlighted in notes/discussions.

A question for medics if I may jump on? Would there be case study discussions/monthly meetings etc re: cases? Surely these would have come up?
It would of come up in the child death review and possibly the M&M.

Yet the word ‘pitchfork’ has been mentioned twice on this thread today aimed at anyone who thinks she’s guilty. 🤷🏼‍♀️ The sarcasm and cattiness is definitely two way.
Seeing as there’s 40%+ that have voted they think she’s guilty I’d say it’s surprisingly one sided, especially at the moment. You might be the best person to ask but I promise to look through the wiki too - somebody notes ?? and I think that is about the mottling? Maybe it’s the time they try to photograph it. X

Seeing as there’s 40%+ that have voted they think she’s guilty I’d say it’s surprisingly one sided, especially at the moment. You might be the best person to ask but I promise to look through the wiki too - somebody notes ?? and I think that is about the mottling? Maybe it’s the time they try to photograph it. X
yea i think it’s a different baby. Not A or B. I can’t remember off the top of my head which one. I’ll have a quick look now. There is also a parent that takes a photo for one baby too.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
If it was a man I would more likely feel he's guilty but I question men who get jobs centered around children anyway. Dont come for me. I feel how I feel and everyone will deal. ❤
not coming for you at all but that is such a sad view on males working in care,teaching or anything like that! I'm not in the UK anymore but I'm in HK and so many of the male teachers,nurses,care workers are so amazing but they are so scared to even apply and try for these jobs because of this mentality!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
But imagine the paleness had presented itself in such a way that you’d never seen before. Would you make it clear that this is something you’d never seen before?

Yes and I would have also documented any discussion with staff. I know in critical events our fight/flight kicks in but this in my experience has caused me all the more to over document if you know what I mean. Often staying late or revisiting the record. Being understaffed increases risk too so I would also document this. Even now I will write regularly “sudden change, discussed with (name colleagues” and informed consultant of same.

Reactions: 8
not coming for you at all but that is such a sad view on males working in care,teaching or anything like that! I'm not in the UK anymore but I'm in HK and so many of the male teachers,nurses,care workers are so amazing but they are so scared to even apply and try for these jobs because of this mentality!
I used to help out the males by always covering anything like toilet or getting changed stuff - it’s really hard for them. I guess some women do have very concrete and horrible reasons for mistrusting men though 💔
I do agree there would be a bias if Letby was a man but it’s important to remember - men that kill children are usually motivated by violence and or sexual deviancy (a polite way of saying sick bleeping cunts) and this is a very different style and motivation for murder. It looks very different. I think this is also why she doesn’t fit what we know and expect of a child killer.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.