Lucy Letby Case #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What evidence do you think there needs to be to show it’s deliberate or a fact? Will you be open to accepting it was? Just genuinely wondering. Or as another poster thought recently- is it being used by several medical experts to now ‘fit’ Letby as the murderer like the discovery of evidence that most likely points to air embolism. That would be intentional in order to make her look guilty which would be a very serious crime and a heinous thing to do. X
I’m waiting until I have heard this evidence discussed in court. Currently we only have the opening statement by prosecution. I believe the defence said they identified three different possibilities for these deaths that didn’t involve LL, we are yet to hear them. Until it is proven one way of another it is alleged.

Reactions: 16
It’s a fact that the baby died from insulin poisoning, no?
Whether it was caused by LL or someone else, it happened
Yep. It’s a fact and it’s also accepted by the accused that it HAD to be tampered with. The bag that had been tampered with HAS to be the one Letby hung because the symptoms of insulin poisoning began then despite her having left soon after. No other babies needed insulin at the time and it is not administered in this fashion. So the extreme negligence it would have to take is so extraordinary it would be basically impossible. I guess defence could be holding on to something very very remarkable that proves it was indeed someone else..we shall see 😬

Reactions: 14
I think it’s offensive that people keep referring to miscarriage or baby loss as a trigger to her starting to kill babies.

I’ve had miscarriages and I know people that have lost babies and they do not go on to become murderers.
I agree. It’s pure conjecture and a strange thing to fixate on when she was so young, quite early on in her career and wasn’t in a serious relationship as far as we know. For most women in her position, settling down and having babies would not be a thought in her immediate future. There’s no evidence to suggest that she’s suffered miscarriages or had been told she was infertile.

Reactions: 12
Hi, new to the thread, but have been keeping up since the beginning (or trying, the threads move fast).

I've had experience of negligence by a hospital with my youngest son when he was 2, an 'error' that almost killed him. In our case the Dr at the time blamed the nurses in his apology. We've never really had proper answers, although we were so relieved he was okay in the end, we let it go. Anyway, I guess it hits close as my son was born early 2016, and although he was older at the time and this was in resus, one of the issues was an IV where the bag given to him wasn't what it should have been.

Still, even when mistakes are made you want to believe staff are acting in their best interest and not with malicious intent.

The thought that it could have been deliberately is horrifying, and I'd have been devestated if I had the police knocking on the door years later. I can only imagine how traumatic and heartbreaking it must be for the families involved.

With LL it feels like there's almost too many incidents for it to be coincidence, but I want to believe she's innocent because the alternative is almost too much to comprehend.

Either way, I hope justice takes it's course, the trial is fair, and those poor parents get the answers they deserve for their little ones.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Just a thought.. There was bound to be parents on the neonatal unit during these collapses and they would hear about the deaths. I wonder if they were concerned by the amount and frequency and what was said to them at the time. I’m sure a lot of the parents would know each other a little from being there daily.

Reactions: 4
Lol! He’s not a Tory any more thank duck for that 🤣 I mean..do you think I’m going to write so persuasively about my opinion on LL online and not convince him tories are shite. It’s not been a hard sell of late 🤣 x
To not derail- I’m camp guilty if you’ve not guessed 🤪 sorry didn’t know what else to say
How did you go through with that wedding!? 🤣 joking, glad you’ve converted him!

• Haha
For me the things she wrote on that note are so hard to ignore. It seems like someone who is going home everyday knowing what they are doing is wrong and evil but she just could not help herself. It’s like she comes home and spills all her guilt onto the paper and it does seem manic.

Reactions: 6
For me the things she wrote on that note are so hard to ignore. It seems like someone who is going home everyday knowing what they are doing is wrong and evil but she just could not help herself. It’s like she comes home and spills all her guilt onto the paper and it does seem manic.
Not being arsey honestly but just to ask. Why is the alleged guilt admission in the note so hard to ignore but not the protests of innocence?

Those messages to LL's colleague just sound like reasonable messages to me that you would feel if you had been involved in a baby death. We don't know if that was her first ever death or not (as a nurse I mean, rather than a potential baby killer) and I imagine it would feel really hard seeing the parents and managing their grief. I guess the prosecution may paint that it's the feelings of a guilty murderer rather than genuine compassion and distress

Not being arsey honestly but just to ask. Why is the alleged guilt admission in the note so hard to ignore but not the protests of innocence?
For me, if I was accused of a crime I hadn’t committed I might write “I’m innocent” on a piece of paper but I’d never write something like “I did this. I killed them on purpose”. However, if I was accused of a crime and I was guilty I would be much more likely to try and claim I was innocent to avoid punishment.
I can’t think of a single scenario where somebody who was accused of the murder of babies would ever write “I killed them on purpose” if they were innocent.

Reactions: 33
I think it’s because for me personally, I can agree with the protests of innocence if I think she was innocent - they make sense.
However, I can’t explain why she’d write I killed them on purpose if she was innocent. So therefore that sentence becomes stronger for me than the protest of innocence if that makes sense

Reactions: 22
So Lucy who is so hellbent on killing specific babies decides she doesn't want to deal with Child B after child A died and is happy to have someone with her to deal with Child B? Hmmmmm.

Reactions: 10
I can answer this as I feel the same about the note.

A guilty person could easily say they are not guilty / innocent. It probably happens every day in courts up and down the country. It’s very, very hard to believe someone who is innocent would write they killed them on purpose. How many people do we think plead guilty in court when they are not?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I don't think the note proves either guilt or innocence. It's not helpful either way and I'm not really sure of the relevance of it being brought up by the prosecution in the first place. It can be read so many different ways and people write all sorts of things that aren't true. I feel like it's just something pretty irrelevant that the media jumped on in my opinion. Makes a good headline I suppose 🙄
I have a break down of what's actually written on the note below:
FfAXnCTXkAAip6E.png

Reactions: 7
So Lucy who is so hellbent on killing specific babies decides she doesn't want to deal with Child B after child A died and is happy to have someone with her to deal with Child B? Hmmmmm.
Sorry not picking on you by replying to your two posts 😅

She’s happy to be in the same room though, giving her access to the baby. She just doesn’t want to be the named nurse for him that night. So attention is deflected away from her and people won’t automatically jump to “LL was caring for both of those babies who collapsed under her watch”.

Reactions: 25
Sorry not picking on you by replying to your two posts 😅

She’s happy to be in the same room though, giving her access to the baby. She just doesn’t want to be the named nurse for him that night. So attention is deflected away from her and people won’t automatically jump to “LL was caring for both of those babies who collapsed under her watch”.
I see your point of view but again it's just feeling abit forced for me (the prosecution not you lol)

I don't think the note proves either guilt or innocence. It's not helpful either way and I'm not really sure of the relevance of it being brought up by the prosecution in the first place. It can be read so many different ways and people write all sorts of things that aren't true. I feel like it's just something pretty irrelevant that the media jumped on in my opinion. Make good headline I suppose 🙄
I have a break down of what's actually written on the note below:
View attachment 1659143
You think a note found by police during a house search that includes ‘I killed them on purpose’ by someone on trial for killing babies is irrelevant and shouldn’t have been brought up by the prosecution? Really?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
You think a note found by police during a house search that includes ‘I killed them on purpose’ by someone on trial for killing babies is irrelevant and shouldn’t have been brought up by the prosecution? Really?
Depends on her frame of mind tbh. I do think it's the ramblings of someone losing her mind.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.