Lucy Letby Case #68

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes this crossed my mind too as I’m also a daughter of a narcissistic mother so can see some signs of that in Susan Letby. I actually thought this very early on in those messages we heard from Lucy about her parents being suffocating etc and why it also frustrated me when people said Lucy had an uneventful and happy childhood with loving parents. Childhood emotional neglect such as having narcissistic parents is so incredibly damaging but very little is understood compared to physical abuse (and SA). I think most people are actually unaware about CEN but there are some experts that think we are on an epidemic scale of it.

this is wild speculation as we really don’t know but if that’s the case then her dad could be an enabler of Susan and also a victim of emotional abuse and controlling behaviour. I see that in my own dad, who I can feel very sad for but also angry at too.

Reactions: 29
Thanks so much for your insight @nosycowmoo it must’ve been surreal the level of attention drawn to the trial/court after the verdicts had all been given. We felt it here too but can’t imagine how hard it must’ve been knowing before anyone else and not being able to say. Well done for not caving in, pity we can’t say the same about some other people eh?

Reactions: 20
I'm so sorry you had to grow up with that Tofino 🩷 I have been no contact for nearly 5 years now, best decision I ever made.

I suspected when I read the texts as well about the suffocation but hearing about the wail in court gave me serious flashbacks and I suppose in my head it confirmed it for me. I know we don't know for sure, but Narcs seldom get a diagnosis and I think with our real life experience we are probably pretty spot on!

I really do think it was just a perfect storm, so many children experience this kind of abuse and if anything they go on the be the most soft/kind hearted people as a result but there is always that anomaly and a person predisposed to cruelty will just have that cruel nature amplified by this treatment.

Sadly I think you are so right about the experts who think we are about to experience and epidemic of CEN abuse. Just look at all these "influencers" who use their children as content and mini sales reps!?

Reactions: 25
God yes it’s going to get so much worse for the influencer kids but also I think the current generation of parenting style is a lot more attachment focussed and things like leaving baby to cry it out are frowned upon now so hoping it will be much better for some kids too.

I’m sorry you also had to go through it! I do consider NC but I don’t think I can cope with the fallout of that esp as I don’t have any other support and I don’t really want to go NC with my dad.

I thought there used to be a thread on here that was similar to the stately homes thread on MN but I could not find it the other day when I tried to look for it. Wondering if anyone knows?

and yes I don’t think having a narcissistic mother = killer but people can experience the exact same trauma but react differently and I think there was a perfect storm.

I do wonder though if people with emotionally healthy, secure, happy childhoods ever become killers?

Reactions: 21
You’re right, they can’t prove any of it. Thank you

Reactions: 13
Your browser is not able to display this video.

imagine going from maybe one camera man and van on an odd day, to 6 vans during deliberations to this 5 mins after verdict
---

imagine going from maybe one camera man and van on an odd day, to 6 vans during deliberations to this 5 mins after verdict

Reactions: 15
I was thinking the same thing, thanks for explaining. These idiots are so annoying!

Reactions: 7
I was going to say very similar- lots of people in areas of CW&C use Arrowe or even as far as Liverpool Women’s I’ve known people to chose. They’re being very dangerous with their biased interpretation of figures without understanding the basis of where they are sourced from.

Reactions: 13
It’s so lovely to hear from you @nosycowmoo - it feels surreal that it’s all over (for now) after it being a part of our lives every day for such a long time. I can’t imagine how you must feel having followed it in person! Do you think you will continue following the case in court if more charges are taken to trial?

I still can’t help but feel that a different group of 12 jurors would have found her guilty on all charges. I still feel disappointed tbh that they didn’t take on board the judges direction that if they found her guilty of some charges, they could apply that to other charges to support the likeliness of deliberate harm by the defendant.

Also, I firmly believe that there is zero chance that LL had an idyllic perfect childhood. She has been damaged in some way by her upbringing even if that’s not your typical physical or sexual abuse. Children raised by emotionally healthy parents with love and boundaries do not murder multiple babies that’s for sure.

Reactions: 34
Thanks so much for your first hand account. So interesting to hear how narky she was in court. I imagine that is not going to help her at all in prison. Good!

Reactions: 16
Thank you so much for this, and all your other updates over the course of proceedings.
Evil takes many forms doesn’t it? Hope your holiday helped you recover from what must have been at times a traumatic experience.

Reactions: 20
I thought Cheshire West also included Warrington hospital which has a maternity and NICU.

Reactions: 6
Exactly!!! It was like watching somert that wasn’t quite human … it looked human … but the timings was all off … like a computer programme with a glitch … and I thought she appeared very cocky!!! I’ve said it time and time again she come across like she thought she was better than every1 else in that court … was mind blowing …

All these idiots wi their number crunching haven’t even seen her in flesh … an I have no doubt she won’t be sat crying regretting a single thing!!!! Doesn’t feel a tad sorry for those parents!!! She be scribbling tit and trying to out do every1 in that prison !!! It is a monster!!! And it is rightfully locked up for life!!!! Xx

Reactions: 23
I can no longer entertain the cod’s wallop!!!! xx last thing I read was … she will appeal and it will go down to 30 years as it’s too harsh to give a young woman a WLO … xx that was it… I was done!!!! Xx

Reactions: 9
Re abuse: there are a hell of a lot of children who get abused but are in middle class families and so fall through the net. Especially verbally. But even other types of abuse, these children are often less likely to be believed and outside care givers (teachers etc) are less likely to be looking out for it in these children due to confirmation bias.

I am not talking about Letby here, because there is nothing that can excuse what she did.

However, in general as a society we need to stop assuming because someone comes from a middle class family with parents still together that they had this perfect, ideal childhood.

Reactions: 33
Exactly! So much goes on but so much better hidden because on the face of it, these are 'respectable' families

Reactions: 17
Especially when the abuse is coming from a Narc. They are obsessed with outside image and portraying a certain narrative to everyone outside the household.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.