Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Didn't bother filling in the paperwork to have it published"
:LOL:🤣:LOL:

1692896185396.png

Translation: She never submitted it. Almost certainly because her academic supervisor had returned it to her as unworthy (probably more than once as it took her 7 years not to get a PhD) with volumes of notes on how & why she needed to fix it and she wasn't capable of doing so.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Yeah that sounds like hot bollocks. I've just read her thesis - it's a PDF called SA Thesis Final. So scientific, much wow. Every PhD thesis submitted to Cambridge is logged and searchable in Ethos going back years. Mine is, hers should be. It's not about having the text online, just the title should be logged in there anyway as it's part of the academic record. I'd love someone to ask him who her supervisor was, and who her examiners were. It's fishy as duck, my tuna loving friends.
Cross-posted sorry - this is more informative than my post (and I was awarded mine by the same university so the information is the same).

Reactions: 10
Oh and none of her papers are first author papers - she'll have done some work that contributed, sure, but it's not as big a thing as people think.

Reactions: 18
"Didn't bother filling in the paperwork to have it published"
:LOL:🤣:LOL:

View attachment 2401848

Translation: She never submitted it. Almost certainly because her academic supervisor had returned it to her as unworthy (probably more than once as it took her 7 years not to get a PhD) with volumes of notes on how & why she needed to fix it and she wasn't capable of doing so.
Ah this was going to be my next question. If she has a ‘thesis’ available then why wouldn’t she submit it or how does it get rejected.

Can the university do anything about someone claiming they have a PhD from them when they don’t?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don’t know much about academia / PhDs.

Are they always published? How are they accredited, by a university?

Anyway If anyone wants a copy Dick Gill can send you one. Just an admin error of Sarrita not filling forms in to publish it online
So on completion of a PhD, you would then have to write it up in a different way for peer review and journal publication. So no, they are not always published but if your PhD was worthwhile then it's worth doing. The PhD itself is evaluated by a number of people and then you have to attend a viva which is essentially the student being asked questions about their research and findings. My DH has a PhD in the very field she claims to be in so I'll ask him to do some digging.

The journal papers she has co-authored means she has participated in some way to the research. These are different to her PhD although she may have used some of the research from her PhD to help with these.

Journal publication means they have to be peer reviewed so experts from the field of study (professors, scientists) would have had to read the paper before it can be published to the scientific community.

Not sure if there is a way of finding out if she has a PhD bar contacting Cambridge to find out. She's clearly a toxic loon with absolutely no expertise in the area she claims to know about so she may not even have one at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
the prosecution asked the judge for 28 days to decide whether to go to a retrial on those ones.

Some of the families have a guilty verdict on another charge so maybe those ones will be dropped as that baby already has justice.

Maybe with the others the prosecution will allow families to decide if they want to go through the ordeal again.

I also wonder if they will want to charge her with any other cases soon. I’ve wondered if they can add new charges with a retrial or if they have to be kept separate.

I guess this all depends how likely they think it is she will have a fair trial on any additional charges. I imagine there will be many people who have heard her name but don’t know any details. But depends how they go about selecting those for a jury if it’s even possible.
Yeah that sounds like hot bollocks. I've just read her thesis - it's a PDF called SA Thesis Final. So scientific, much wow. Every PhD thesis submitted to Cambridge is logged and searchable in Ethos going back years. Mine is, hers should be. It's not about having the text online, just the title should be logged in there anyway as it's part of the academic record. I'd love someone to ask him who her supervisor was, and who her examiners were. It's fishy as duck, my tuna loving friends.
I'll ask!

Reactions: 7
Can anyone shed any light on this please. Can any old person/solicitor lodge an appeal on someone’s behalf? or would Lucy / her legal team have to agree first?

@LilyRose1234 you know a lot about legal stuff!

E5C932B4-D8A5-488B-8BA6-D85E064733A5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Not that I’m aware of. To be honest I’d never heard of Allitt before this thread.
Sure someone’s probably already said but Janine from Eastenders played Bev! I’ve not seen it but it was well received i think.

All PhD Theses from Cambridge should be logged in Ethos: https://ethos.bl.uk/
Here's how you submit your PhD at Cambridge: https://osc.cam.ac.uk/theses/advice-phd-students/requirements-deposit-your-thesis

(When I handed mine in I expected trumpets and angels. Instead I got a surly nod from the woman behind the counter, went outside and got more drunk than you can possibly imagine)

Whether or not your thesis is publicly available online, it should be logged with the university and findable via Ethos, as submitting it is a requirement of getting the degree. There's nothing in hers that's so controversial or weird that it shouldn't be. It's some fairly bog standard mol biol/biochemistry mostly on mouse embryos and some speculation about the possible role of two genes (FoxG1 and MeCP2) in autism spectrum disorders.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In the panorama documentary, there was a criminal psychologist, he seemed to veer on the side of not guilty but they kind of went to him but didn't discuss anything he said. Who us he and do we know what he actually thinks and is he as credible as he made himself sound??

• Haha
Reactions: 3
All PhD Theses from Cambridge should be logged in Ethos: https://ethos.bl.uk/
Here's how you submit your PhD at Cambridge: https://osc.cam.ac.uk/theses/advice-phd-students/requirements-deposit-your-thesis

(When I handed mine in I expected trumpets and angels. Instead I got a surly nod from the woman behind the counter, went outside and got more drunk than you can possibly imagine)

Whether or not your thesis is publicly available online, it should be logged with the university and findable via Ethos, as submitting it is a requirement of getting the degree. There's nothing in hers that's so controversial or weird that it shouldn't be. It's some fairly bog standard mol biol/biochemistry mostly on mouse embryos and some speculation about the possible role of two genes (FoxG1 and MeCP2) in autism spectrum disorders.
I just searched a friend of a friend who I know did a PhD at Cambridge and it’s there.
---
In the panorama documentary, there was a criminal psychologist, he seemed to veer on the side of not guilty but they kind of went to him but didn't discuss anything he said. Who us he and do we know what he actually thinks and is he as credible as he made himself sound??
His name is David Wilson. I think he often gets wheeled out for his opinion on various things like this. I don’t know what his view is now but I don’t think he’s seen as that credible.

Reactions: 12
I can't find that bloody Tweet (Xweet?) to ask him. He's got so much mad graph spamming and a dozen fuckwits all agreeing an appeal fund is akin to doing god's work. They do seem to be mainly male though not exclusively. I think half those pathetic twunts just fancy her. Lord knows why she's only remarkable in that she's remarkably ordinary.

Can you link me to the thread this one is on?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Some articles from him in the last few days

Reactions: 2
Sorry if this has already been posted but what on earth is wrong with some people? What goes on in their head to make them think "Yeah, I will support a serial killer" Unfortunately, these people do walk among us :sick:
I think very similar to the reasoning of the perp. Drama, attention seeking, a narcissistic compulsion to be in the centre of everything. 🤢

Reactions: 9
Can anyone shed any light on this please. Can any old person/solicitor lodge an appeal on someone’s behalf? or would Lucy / her legal team have to agree first?

@LilyRose1234 you know a lot about legal stuff!

View attachment 2401866
They must be collating IQ points among the "core" 😬 I checked the guidance and it just says defendant/legal representative, not any idiot with access to the internet. I guess Letby could agree to have one of them represent her, but it would be daft.

Screenshot_20230824_181906_Firefox.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.