Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In all seriousness, I keep seeing people saying how can people who knew her be in disbelief, her parents, friends, colleagues etc. but I empathise with them.

If it transpired one of my friends was a serial killer, rapist, nonce etc, I honestly think I would struggle to get my head around it and I think I would need counselling to begin to accept it.

How do you reconcile such horrific evil with the mundanity of life? Someone you’ve joked with, maybe shared top life experiences… how do you wrap your head around being so deceived in their personality? I know I would really really struggle with this.
This is spot on. And denial is one of the most common defense mechanisms there is and is a normal psychological process. So colleagues who may not have been as close to her (although in all honesty, I doubt anyone was really truly close to her and the lack of any real intimacy in her life suggest she may not have been capable) may find it easier to comprehend and accept what she has done, for others, it may take substantially longer. So I agree with you in having some sympathy for them as it's genuinely something that can't be helped in some instances, irrespective of 14 WLOs.

Reactions: 12
I’m just watching the BBC Sixth Commandment drama and it got me thinking I really really hope to God no one ever makes a drama series of this. I fear they will but I hope not

Reactions: 13
Yeah, and saying “but she searched loads of other people too.” But was she being accused of murdering their babies? Also how do we know that she didn’t harm the babies of these other parents she was searching? 🤔
They are in denial

Reactions: 12
I'm not sure I could strangle someone with a woman's sock - too short. Tights yes obvs. Knickers, prob not, maybe a thong?
It can be done. You wouldn't believe the things used as ligatures that I've had to cut off over the years. A pear of jeans is particularly difficult.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I’m just watching the BBC Sixth Commandment drama and it got me thinking I really really hope to God no one ever makes a drama series of this. I fear they will but I hope not
It’s very good though, I never knew about that case before the drama and I think it was done well with respect to the victims. I think it’ll be a long time (if ever) before they make one about LL’s crimes. Have they ever made one about Allitt?

Reactions: 10
It’s very good though, I never knew about that case before the drama and I think it was done well with respect to the victims. I think it’ll be a long time (if ever) before they make one about LL’s crimes. Have they ever made one about Allitt?
Not that I’m aware of. To be honest I’d never heard of Allitt before this thread.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I get this, but also selfishly I wouldn't mind because I love watching them. I loved the Dennis Nilson one with David Tennant.
If they do, I hope they seek the family's blessings.

Reactions: 11
Thing that surprised me most in the whole court case was she took the stand and didn’t have any fainting episodes, I know one day she wanted to stop but I really thought there would be more dramatics on stand.
I suppose not attending for sentencing got her some attention though.

Reactions: 16
The Sixth Commandment was excellent as was the Channel 4 documentary Catching a Killer: A diary from the grave. I watched the documentary after the BBC series and goodness me the casting was spot on.

I'm not sure about Allitt.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
"It just doesn't sit right with me that..."
"I just think it's funny that..."
"I find it interesting that..."

As soon as I read these phrases I know I'm dealing with a career contrarian who is about to blow open the hatches on some of life's biggest conspiracies on Facebook comments.

Another turn of phrase that makes me rage is when customers start a tirade with "So you're telling me that...". Yes. Yes I am telling you that. Did I stutter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I get this, but also selfishly I wouldn't mind because I love watching them. I loved the Dennis Nilson one with David Tennant.
Oh it was so good! I love true crime dramas, podcasts and YouTube’s. It just feels different with this

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He was brilliant in that. I love David Tennant 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thing that surprised me most in the whole court case was she took the stand and didn’t have any fainting episodes, I know one day she wanted to stop but I really thought there would be more dramatics on stand.
I suppose not attending for sentencing got her some attention though.
She had her blankies 🤢, her special arrangements meaning everyone had to let her get seated first, told baby E’s mum to speak up and her flounce for Noname though. Think she genuinely wanted to be there for the attention, to hear it all again and see/hear the parents.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I notice there doesn’t appear to be any old boyfriends coming out of the woodwork. She was 27-28 when she was arrested? I know she was texting the doctor but besides that, surely there would be someone from before that ? So strange.
To be fair though, if you’d been LL’s boyfriend would you want to come out of the woodwork and advertise you’d dated that? I wouldn’t!

If they think she potentially started early in her career now they’re investigating her time at Liverpool women’s, basically anyone coming out would be saying they’d been dating a woman who has harming babies at the time. It could mean there’s no boyfriends (neighbours often have no clue about this though) or it could just be that anyone who’s been connected with her is going to want to deny it now.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
To be fair though, if you’d been LL’s boyfriend would you want to come out of the woodwork and advertise you’d dated that? I wouldn’t!

If they think she potentially started early in her career now they’re investigating her time at Liverpool women’s, basically anyone coming out would be saying they’d been dating a woman who has harming babies at the time. It could mean there’s no boyfriends (neighbours often have no clue about this though) or it could just be that anyone who’s been connected with her is going to want to deny it now.
I get this but I'd put money on it that she's a V-reg. She is not only infantile but I think probably liked being infantalised. Besides from Yawn, having had a look through all the group pictures on Facebook, she seems to be particularly friendly with much older women. Perhaps they mothered her and felt protective of her which she seems to have reveled in. NN may have been a pseudo father figure to her too. She just seems incredibly asexual to me. There is no mention of tinder or dating or shagging and it just strikes me as so strange for a young woman of 25. I was wild in my 20s, it's a time for fun and exploration and that's notably absent. It's weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
My Mum is a nurse and trained in London during the 1970s. As did all of my aunts and grand-aunts. They're training was like something akin to the army and at that time there were no nursing assistants per se, these hardworking nurses did everything, they're medical training was second to none and they worked hard.

What struck me about LL (besides from being a thunderous, cruel murderous witch) was the amount of time she spent on her phone while supposed to be looking after HIGHLY DEPENDENT babies. It was brought up time and again at trial and gave examples of she was claiming to feed babies (a two-handed job) while sending incessant Whatsapp messages throughout her shift. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is a thing? I'm not being anti-nurse here, for the most part they are kind and their decision to pursue a nursing career is vocational, but is this what nursing care is like these days? I'm curious because for my Mum's generation you'd have been kicked out for not being fully engaged throughout your shift.
Some people are just not right.
Unfortunately she’s going to be like Santa at the Christmas North Pole with all the sacks of mail.

View attachment 2401028
I DON’T THINK SHE SHOULD BE ABLE TO RECEIVE LETTERS! Sorry I’m shouting but this makes me really angry.

Reactions: 8
This is spot on. And denial is one of the most common defense mechanisms there is and is a normal psychological process. So colleagues who may not have been as close to her (although in all honesty, I doubt anyone was really truly close to her and the lack of any real intimacy in her life suggest she may not have been capable) may find it easier to comprehend and accept what she has done, for others, it may take substantially longer. So I agree with you in having some sympathy for them as it's genuinely something that can't be helped in some instances, irrespective of 14 WLOs.
I think I maybe approach this from a different position to most. I knew someone who was the victim of a horrific crime. I don’t want to dox myself by giving away too much, but I knew the victim in a close work capacity, she was lovely, vibrant and funny. She didn’t deserve what happened to her and I think about her a lot.

Seeing her face on the news left me shaken, despite having not worked with her in some years. You just do not expect people you know to be involved in these horrific crimes. We all know these things happen, but usually it’s far enough detached from your reality that you can compute it. When it involves someone you actually know that changes.

For me it’s totally changed how I view the news and I get pretty angry when I see invasive reporting into victims now. I turned off BBC news alerts because of how many they send about things that are really none of our business… It also lead me to be a lot more vigilant, because I know these horrific crimes happen to people just like me… and I say all this as someone who worked with someone who became a victim some years after I worked with them.

Obviously they are not victims in the same way as the actual victims, and please don’t think I say any of this to minimise them because I really really don’t mean this like that.

But LL has left other victims behind too. There will be nurses who were meant to be looking after the babies she attacked questions their skills and abilities because they left them vulnerable to the attacks. People who knew her who will question their perception of reality and their faith and trust in people because they will struggle to understand how they didn’t spot it. There will be people who trained with her who will second guess their perception, people who assessed her on empathy who will definitely question themselves… She will have changed the lives of so so many people around her in both small and large ways. Crimes like this have waves and ripple effects. I do not blame any of these people for struggling to come to terms with it at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.