Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Off to print out the impact statements, the sentencing remarks and pop a ‘post it’ on them saying ‘I hear you collect paper’ x 3. Will post to Durham so they’re delivered nice and early for her stay.
I thought about going to Cockington and sending her a postcard saying ‘glad you’re not here’

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Off to print out the impact statements, the sentencing remarks and pop a ‘post it’ on them saying ‘I hear you collect paper’ x 3. Will post to Durham so they’re delivered nice and early for her stay.
You could add the wiki for a bit of light reading

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
why does it need a hearing? And I don’t mean ‘because it’s process’. She’s in prison on 14 WLOs having been convicted of multiple baby murders. What is there to say or discuss in her case? The policy should be - immediate strike off. Send her a letter. I don’t think dealing with something like this immediately needs to mean it impacts other hearings.
Me neither!!!
I have experience of NMC process, I was involved in a case, " wasn't me"..but I was heavily involved and went on for years...however, in this case,the normal process here should go out the window 😡
I do not care what anyone says...she should not have the title" of RN for another few months/days...its sick and adjustments SHOULD be made!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
why does it need a hearing? And I don’t mean ‘because it’s process’. She’s in prison on 14 WLOs having been convicted of multiple baby murders. What is there to say or discuss in her case? The policy should be - immediate strike off. Send her a letter. I don’t think dealing with something like this immediately needs to mean it impacts other hearings.
Because it's a process. Because if we begin down the slippery slope with disgusting individuals like Letby of "duck the process just take it from her" there is a very short distance to travel before the process is unavailable to everyone. Just as with the notion of a fair trial and gag orders to assure that. Take it from Letby and no one has access to it.

If we are to set ourselves up as morally superior to those who commit heinous offences it is my belief that we need to behave in ways which practically demonstrate that. Respecting legal processes is one of those ways. If you begin to take rights away from anyone then you endanger everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
The last addendum specifies "Other items" for women prisoners & juveniles. All of which are authorised at the discretion of the individual prison governor. Bras are permitted. Maximum of 2. Sports bra type only, for obvious reasons as underwires could easily be made into weapons, lock picks etc. Other items not listed in this document are sanitary pads/tampons. Again authorised & stocked in women's prisons.

View attachment 2401040
Surely you could strangle someone with a sports bra?? (no, I'm not planning to do it)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The impact statements are here in full for anyone who wants to read them:
These are so hard to read, but thinking about Letby reading them (and I bet she will after the report about her pouring over the medical evidence in her cell), and I appreciate this from the mother of E&F. I know this is one of the parts we already had, but I think it'll get to Letby.

Screenshot_20230824_111244_Firefox.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 67
Surely you could strangle someone with a sports bra?? (no, I'm not planning to do it)
You could strangle someone with a sock. Are you suggesting that all prisoners should be subjected to the indignity of walking around in see through paper suits in flip flops year round with no underwear?

Bearing in mind that over 80% of women in UK prisons have never committed a violent offence and most have histories of abuse, sexual assault, mental health problems and addiction issues I feel that might be a bridge too far.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I think the process should be able to make exceptions or speed things up a little (a lot) for convicted serial killers of patients. Shouldn’t be too hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You could strangle someone with a sock. Are you suggesting that all prisoners should be subjected to the indignity of walking around in see through paper suits in flip flops year round with no underwear?

Bearing in mind that over 80% of women in UK prisons have never committed a violent offence and most have histories of abuse, sexual assault, mental health problems and addiction issues I feel that might be a bridge too far.
I don’t think they’re suggesting anything. It’s a valid comment, i know because I’ve nearly strangled myself many a time trying to put on a sports bra.
(Big tatas 😏)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Pretty sure sketby would love a paper leisure suit tbh

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Oh certainly that bit isn’t normal!! But the LD is definitely normal in healthcare. DM really did stretch that bit
Tbf I know DM have sensationalised it but the investigating officers did interpret it as a code, that’s where the story has come from.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t know, but there were comments about somehow getting her prison number.
Sad ❤ bastards ❤
What is wrong with people?!
Surely the only acceptable excuse for wanting these details is to send her a big steaming shite in the mail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I mean I get the anger around the NMC stuff but it’s the same procedure that applies to people convicted of anything (including paedophiles and I have seen cases like that under hearing bits 🤢). I agree, maybe it should be sped up but that takes staff away from the other hundreds of people who are under NMC procedures who might have been waiting years.

Reactions: 6
I've been thinking....was her Dad previously married?

LL was born when he was 44. Old for first time father/marriage.

It's just odd that there is literally nowt about him online.

And when did parents get together?

She was obvs pregnant when they married because LL was born 6 months after wedding.

Maybe they said she was premature because otherwise everyone would have known she was up the duff before marriage.

She was 29. Him 44.

All a bit off kilter somehow but I'm not sure whyyyyy...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.