Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
She used a secret code in her diary to record the murders

Isn’t she just writing LD here to indicate a long day shift 🤔 unless I’m missing something here.

Edited to say I’ve just read others thoughts on this.

Reactions: 4
Have I missed it on the list or are they not allowed a bra?!

Note to self, do not end up in prison.
The last addendum specifies "Other items" for women prisoners & juveniles. All of which are authorised at the discretion of the individual prison governor. Bras are permitted. Maximum of 2. Sports bra type only, for obvious reasons as underwires could easily be made into weapons, lock picks etc. Other items not listed in this document are sanitary pads/tampons. Again authorised & stocked in women's prisons.

1692869612737.png

Reactions: 6
The other heartbreaking thing that I really felt from the statements read on the podcast was the amount of guilt some of the parents are living with.

‘What if I hadn’t gone to bed that night, he might still be here’ 💔

‘I couldn’t protect him’ 💔

‘I was able to save Child F but couldn’t save Child E because I followed the instructions to leave him with Lucy.’ 💔

It’s clearly not their fault at all but I think many of us with kids know what ‘mum guilt’ feels like so I understand why they feel that way even though it’s misplaced. It’s just so heartbreaking and an added layer of torture for them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I notice there doesn’t appear to be any old boyfriends coming out of the woodwork. She was 27-28 when she was arrested? I know she was texting the doctor but besides that, surely there would be someone from before that ? So strange.

Reactions: 23

this is what Lucy Letby should have been made to do! Dragged up to the court room and made to face the families she destroyed.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
The other heartbreaking thing that I really felt from the statements read on the podcast was the amount of guilt some of the parents are living with.

‘What if I hadn’t gone to bed that night, he might still be here’ 💔

‘I couldn’t protect him’ 💔

‘I was able to save Child F but couldn’t save Child E because I followed the instructions to leave him with Lucy.’ 💔

It’s clearly not their fault at all but I think many of us with kids know what ‘mum guilt’ feels like so I understand why they feel that way even though it’s misplaced. It’s just so heartbreaking and an added layer of torture for them.
That got me too
Part of grieving any loss, in my experience, personally, with both my parents and in my job, there's always an element of guilt and " what ifs",which is so hard to deal with...but this is another level, that I cannot begin to even imagine how they feel...I just can't, and as for the parents who haven't yet, and may never see justice for their babies, that's another story💔

Last edited:
  • Sad
How many of you guys have a diary? I think it’s another example of her being quite child like in her behaviour. I don’t know though it could be a common thing amongst you females. Just seems a little bit weird to me. And allow the “I keep a diary should I be handing myself in to police” replies please
I read that a lot of SKs keep diaries.
I wonder if it’s because they can’t actually communicate their thoughts and actions to anyone and so need some kind of release
It’s not like they can say ‘oh lovely cup of tea and btw I killed a baby yesterday, fancy a scone’.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
How many of you guys have a diary? I think it’s another example of her being quite child like in her behaviour. I don’t know though it could be a common thing amongst you females. Just seems a little bit weird to me. And allow the “I keep a diary should I be handing myself in to police” replies please
IMG_3467.jpeg

I even write my things in one colour and my kids’ in another 🙈

*backs out of the thread quickly and quietly in her kitten heels and matalan socks*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Some people are just not right.
Unfortunately she’s going to be like Santa at the Christmas North Pole with all the sacks of mail.

View attachment 2401028
However, wont she also get an awful lot of hate mail as well? I doubt she would have unrestrained access to any of it to start with! I think there are an awful lot of people who are understandably very angry with her!

And I am also wondering about the 'nice' label, and wondering if it was more about her being so bland, and quiet, her colleagues didnt have anything else to say about her? She wasnt friendly, bubbly, chatty or funny, she was 'nice'!!
Her house and her life doesn't seem to show any personality, or obvious interests or hobbies, the photos of her home, look like a holiday rental, with no personality at all, which surely must be weird for a girl in her 20s or early 30s?

She has to have an odd personality hidden somewhere inside. If I had been caring for a baby that died, I would be devastated for the baby and the family, and although I might try and keep a professional demeanour in front of them, I would be crying for them at home, and that sadness and worry that I had done something wrong would affect me for years. LL is a really odd one, I cant imagine very many people having had that many babies dying in front of them, would feel so detached and guilt free.

Reactions: 12
Sorry if this has been talked about before but I notice there doesn’t appear to be any old boyfriends coming out of the woodwork. She was 27-28 when she was arrested? I know she was texting the doctor but besides that, surely there would be someone from before that ? So strange.
Even if there was, they might not want to go public. If I had an ex convicted of murder as high profile as this there is no way I would want to be publicly known or associated with them!

Reactions: 24
yes they do have a 2015 one, It was shown in court the day I went. It did get reported on afterwards but can’t remember if an image was ever released
---

Is this for Lucy? If so why does it need to wait that long? A convicted baby killer should be instantly struck off! Not wait another 3 months!
If they scheduled her hearing immediately it would mean rearranging all other scheduled hearings to accommodate her case. This would be grossly unfair to everyone else waiting for the hearing as it may well mean that any witnesses they have who may have evidence to exonerate them will be able to appear if dates are rescheduled. I think madam has had quite enough medical authorities ignoring others to prioritise her case anyway.

Reactions: 12
I have a legend planner. It’s a planner for legends.

F1852C2C-62DA-4469-B1D7-5665FEED8831.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 2401063

I even write my things in one colour and my kids’ in another 🙈

*backs out of the thread quickly and quietly in her kitten heels and matalan socks*
Oh I keep several. I have appointments. Mind stuff. Health stuff. And real soul stuff. Plus one for really random thoughts. LoL I find journalling very cathartic.

• Heart
Off to print out the impact statements, the sentencing remarks and pop a ‘post it’ on them saying ‘I hear you collect paper’ x 3. Will post to Durham so they’re delivered nice and early for her stay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
@slingo16 no I don’t. And if I did it wouldn’t be putrid with cartoon dogs on it.
Just use my phone, Alexa reminders and this
image.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 72
If they scheduled her hearing immediately it would mean rearranging all other scheduled hearings to accommodate her case. This would be grossly unfair to everyone else waiting for the hearing as it may well mean that any witnesses they have who may have evidence to exonerate them will be able to appear if dates are rescheduled. I think madam has had quite enough medical authorities ignoring others to prioritise her case anyway.
why does it need a hearing? And I don’t mean ‘because it’s process’. She’s in prison on 14 WLOs having been convicted of multiple baby murders. What is there to say or discuss in her case? The policy should be - immediate strike off. Send her a letter. I don’t think dealing with something like this immediately needs to mean it impacts other hearings.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I keep one for appointments. That’s it. Plus it’s plain black, not a saddo ‘boofie’ one or whatever from the 1990s… 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.