Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my town, every girl who was a bully in my school and who was awful growing up, all became nurses.
I know people change and grow up and become better people, it's just weird to see people who gave you such a hard time growing up, now in this role
Good lord this is true! There's a hideous girl from school, absolutely vile, who's now a nurse. I can't get my head around it at all. My whole family are/have been medical and a more caring, loving lot you couldn't hope to meet. It's so weird that you get complete horrors doing the same job.

I didn't get to ask this on the last thread,@Wings can I ask you to elucidate?

few points here:
In the NHS there is a culture of people not being heard or ignored when they have concerns, so people feel scared to speak up, sometimes in fear of losing their jobs.
She did seem to wield a certain amount of power as bosses were quick to shut people down and get them to apologise for raising concerns.
Other people are of course implicated by a criminal investigation taking place in a hospital, that’s why one of them refers to the blue and white tape being everywhere and the reputation of the hospital. They’d rather turn a blind eye to a murderer amongst their staff than damage the perception of the hospital, that’s the terrible truth.
I do think there’s more to this story than meets the eye though.
---
The discipline in nursing is no longer there, or not as much. How you behaved on shift & also represented the profession off-shift was taken seriously.
You just need to watch some of the Tiktokkers who are nurses, their behaviour, language & attitude is appalling, especially on a platform that is aimed at a young audience.
This is very true. My mum retired recently but was a nurse for almost 50 years. The student nurses who trained under her really disappointed her as a rule. They were on their phones, didn't turn up on time, and did the minimum. OBVIOUSLY that's not all of them but she was shocked by how much attitudes had changed towards the job.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Nursed for 30 years from 1988
Even as a student nurse there were some very strange characters attracted to Nursing.
Agreed. When I was a student nurse there was a young girl on my ward who was qualified but she was utterly vile to the patients. I distinctly remember her trying to get one elderly patient with dementia to take her tamoxifen and she was having none of it, she physically forced the tablet into her mouth! God knows why she ever became a nurse.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Whenever they put stories about her parents on the news posts on fbook so many people comment how they feel sorry for them and it’s not their fault etc

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Ya know the other bit of the scapegoat theory that makes 0 sense (not that any of it does but ya know) she was THE ONLY NURSE present at ALL these incidents/deaths and she didn’t raise one concern to anyone higher - nada. You can’t think she was being used as a scapegoat for a failing hospital when she didn’t even raise any concerns about said failings herself?? Especially when the only concerns that were being raised WERE ABOUT HER… make it make sense 🥴

Like it’s come out now it’s in black and white that the higher management covered up consultants concerns about her…how can you stick with a scapegoat theory 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️
I agree and don’t understand why she didn’t safeguard herself… If you were a nurse on a ward surrounded by strange collapses and deaths, you’d be questioning WHY and want to protect yourself by raising your concerns and making sure you weren’t at fault… but she never once did.

Nor did she ever come across as anxious, unnerved of as doubting herself in any of her messages to her colleagues, she had an answer for everything.

Reactions: 20
I know this has been said. But I wonder what triggered her to begin harming so many babies at this stage? I know she likely did it before. But my question is, what made her do it so profusely in June 2015 until 2016?. I wonder if any colleagues noticed any unusual behaviour before this or anything off going on

Hello Tattle Turds,

I’m a long time lurker, I’ve followed the case and thread from the beginning.

I was expecting a bow wave of stories to come out after the verdict, but I now realise that the guilty was just a very evil opportunistic individual with not much of a real life to report on at all.
Merail

My confidence in medical professionals has taken a severe dip due to my own treatment. When my eldest child was born staff were amazing, I then encountered issues with my second (breach). A young doctor told me “he’ll probably die as midwife’s are inexperienced in breach nowadays”, I carried on and opted for cVAC. It was very successful, professionalism and care of all staff was amazing.
When I did go into labour at term I encountered a lead midwife who I can only describe as sadistic, she refused me pain relief including gas and air and anaesthetic for stitches (excruciating). I left hospital angry with her and my partner. It wasn’t his fault he did try to get me help, but I did question why he didn’t protect me at my most vulnerable. A bit of time made me realise it was one persons fault, so I raised a complaint (supported by my local midwife). I did have a hearing with midwife leaders (who I’m sad to say did try to imply I had post natal depression - I absolutely did not). They guaranteed lessons would be learnt, but I’m not convinced anything actually came of my complaint, which is sad as I really didn’t want first time mums to experience what I had.

Unprofessionalism is out there, unfortunately so is evil, I just hope that those affected can sometimes forget for a moment or two and enjoy their present.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I know this has been said. But I wonder what triggered her to begin harming so many babies at this stage? I know she likely did it before. But my question is, what made her do it so profusely in June 2015 until 2016?. I wonder if any colleagues noticed any unusual behaviour before this or anything off going on
Gaining access to the most poorly babies. She did extra training in the days leading up to Baby A’s death which enabled her to work with the intensive care babies. Whatever was going on in her mind before that, it was the perfect opportunity for her because she was more likely to go undetected (and she did) due to the babies often having other medical conditions that could be seen as life threatening. I think she got cocky later during this period and started sabotaging babies who were doing well and ready to go home. That’s just what I think happened, who actually knows with her.

Reactions: 28
I jump every time Dan tweets now!
Does anyone else think there are more Letbys out there, not particularly targeting babies but some other vulnerable people.
Apart from managers listening to consultant, what other changes can be made to make sure this never happens again.
The way she was able to kill them without too much effort to be honest scares the tit out of me.
Only thing I can think of is deaths in hospital should be more closely monitored but that would take resources which the NHS doesn’t have. for example if one of that babies had collapsed and died at home there would be a lot more effort put in to find out what happened, but in hospital a lot of the babies didn’t even get a post Morton.
I read a statistic once that there are on average 4 serial killers at large at any one time in the UK.
This case just shows how easy it is for those who are caring for us can hurt us. I believe predators/killers go into these roles so they can carry out their wickedness.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Gaining access to the most poorly babies. She did extra training in the days leading up to Baby A’s death which enabled her to work with the intensive care babies. Whatever was going on in her mind before that, it was the perfect opportunity for her because she was more likely to go undetected (and she did) due to the babies often having other medical conditions that could be seen as life threatening. I think she got cocky later during this period and started sabotaging babies who were doing well and ready to go home. That’s just what I think happened, who actually knows with her.
Ahh I didn’t realise she hadn’t been on this unit prior to this time.

In my town, every girl who was a bully in my school and who was awful growing up, all became nurses.
I know people chane and grow up and become better people, it's just weird to see people who gave you such a hard time growing up, now in this role
There was a real bully in my school who took up nursing

Reactions: 4
You know, that last thread had a lot of debate about all the weird/bland/beige things about Cuntby, and how none of it makes you a serial killer. But that is of course a load of old bollocks, because no one in history has worn a pair of socks with a pair of kitten heels, and if they did, they would need to be hounded to death immediately, which further proves that no one ever has, apart from one person: a serial killer.

And if anyone in the previous thread owned up to doing it too, a) I didn’t see it, and b) bugger off Dawn. We know you’re lying.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
The podcast mentions Letby didn’t want the female officer (Danielle Stonier) that did her police interview to be the one that read out her answers from the interviews to the court. She has some nerve - again that’s not someone that’s shy and meek, it’s a control freak that still thinks they’re superior despite being on trial for multiple baby murders.
Glad she didn’t get her own way. Hope it was torture for her 🥰

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
I was talking to my mum about this as I was in neonatal as a newborn (restricted growth in pregnancy). And she still remembers what time she had to go down to feed me or take expressed breast milk down. And I’m 49 this year!!!

So for LL to say that the mum got the time wrong is bs

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Ian Harvey is one piece of scum.

Saw this article on Reddit

A source told the Mail: 'Harvey retired very quickly in 2018. After Letby's arrest he cancelled his General Medical Council subscription and went to the South of France.'

Another former employee added: 'Around the time he retired, I asked Harvey whether he thought there could be a public inquiry into what had happened and his words were, "They would have to find me first", which bothered me.

This alone should prove that the inquiry should be statutory. He should be dragged back from France to answer these questions.
I’d drag him back from France by his ankles, which would be tied to the exhaust of the car I’d be driving.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
My Mum is a nurse and trained in London during the 1970s. As did all of my aunts and grand-aunts. They're training was like something akin to the army and at that time there were no nursing assistants per se, these hardworking nurses did everything, they're medical training was second to none and they worked hard.

What struck me about LL (besides from being a thunderous, cruel murderous witch) was the amount of time she spent on her phone while supposed to be looking after HIGHLY DEPENDENT babies. It was brought up time and again at trial and gave examples of she was claiming to feed babies (a two-handed job) while sending incessant Whatsapp messages throughout her shift. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is a thing? I'm not being anti-nurse here, for the most part they are kind and their decision to pursue a nursing career is vocational, but is this what nursing care is like these days? I'm curious because for my Mum's generation you'd have been kicked out for not being fully engaged throughout your shift.
LL was extremely arrogant and clearly believed she was by far the best nurse on that unit. THAT’S why she was constantly on her phone. It’s those arrogant type of nurses that usually sit in their phone a lot, although it’s not common anywhere I’ve ever worked because it’s simply not allowed. I can’t believe that she was able to spend that much time on her phone tbh, but clearly the management on that ward was severely lacking. I find that nurses who genuinely don’t care are very very few and far between, it’s the ones who are arrogant that tend to use their phones on the wards and just generally do tit they aren’t supposed to.

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.