Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ya know the other bit of the scapegoat theory that makes 0 sense (not that any of it does but ya know) she was THE ONLY NURSE present at ALL these incidents/deaths and she didnā€™t raise one concern to anyone higher - nada. You canā€™t think she was being used as a scapegoat for a failing hospital when she didnā€™t even raise any concerns about said failings herself?? Especially when the only concerns that were being raised WERE ABOUT HERā€¦ make it make sense šŸ„“

Like itā€™s come out now itā€™s in black and white that the higher management covered up consultants concerns about herā€¦how can you stick with a scapegoat theory šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Ya know the other bit of the scapegoat theory that makes 0 sense (not that any of it does but ya know) she was THE ONLY NURSE present at ALL these incidents/deaths and she didnā€™t raise one concern to anyone higher - nada. You canā€™t think she was being used as a scapegoat for a failing hospital when she didnā€™t even raise any concerns about said failings herself?? Especially when the only concerns that were being raised WERE ABOUT HERā€¦ make it make sense šŸ„“

Like itā€™s come out now itā€™s in black and white that the higher management covered up consultants concerns about herā€¦how can you stick with a scapegoat theory šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
Literally!!!!

No other theory genuinely makes sense other than her being a narcissistic serial killer. Even the doctor one for attention doesn't fully make sense as the entire motive, it may have been a reason down the line why she did it but not the full reason

Reactions: 23
I don't think that's particularly odd either. The rest of the house wasn't updated, so she'd hardly have started the decorating by doing the spare room. Newish house (as in to her), not much spare cash. It probably just wasn't a priority.

I suppose she could have sat in there with her trophies, thinking about her crimes but the former is probably more likely.
Murder babies?ā€¦.Decorate the house?
Murder babies?ā€¦Decorate the house?
Murder babies?ā€¦Decoratā€¦
Oh duck it, Iā€™ll just murder babies.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This case has genuinely solidified my belief that there shouldnā€™t be a death penalty.
Imagine knowing that at 33, with probably 50 more years of life left, youā€™re never ever going to be able to make a life decisionā€¦

Never going to be able to pop to the shops, or bake some biscuits. Never going to be able to go on holiday. Never going to see your friends weddings or go to your parents funerals. The list goes on.

Thatā€™s on top of the terror she will constantly feel with people wanting to get at her because of her crimes.

To me thatā€™s a far better punishment then just killing someone. Why should they get an easy out? I think the mental anguish that youā€™re going to have to live that life for the majority of your life would be far worse then knowing youā€™re going to get a lethal injection. And good.
Sheā€™ll never hear the birds sing without a chorus of background noise
Sheā€™ll never feel her feet in the sand or the sea
Sheā€™ll never see a rainbow or walk through a forest
Sheā€™ll never have a holiday or look forward to an event with friends and family
Sheā€™ll never choose and cook a delicious meal to relax with a spouse while cuddling watching a movie
Sheā€™ll never have her own family
Sheā€™ll never have a bubble bath with candles
Sheā€™ll never choose her own music and sing to her hearts content
Sheā€™ll never bake a cake and sit and decorate it just because
Sheā€™ll never have a picnic in the sun with her friends and a good book

I could go on forever. But the most important thing is -

Sheā€™ll not live a day of her life without serious mental anguish and suffering knowing all this. Thatā€™s a far better punishment than death ever could be.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
Sheā€™ll never hear the birds sing without a chorus of background noise
Sheā€™ll never feel her feet in the sand or the sea
Sheā€™ll never see a rainbow or walk through a forest
Sheā€™ll never have a holiday or look forward to an event with friends and family
Sheā€™ll never choose and cook a delicious meal to relax with a spouse while cuddling watching a movie
Sheā€™ll never have her own family
Sheā€™ll never have a bubble bath with candles
Sheā€™ll never choose her own music and sing to her hearts content
Sheā€™ll never bake a cake and sit and decorate it just because
Sheā€™ll never have a picnic in the sun with her friends and a good book

I could go on forever. But the most important thing is -

Sheā€™ll not live a day of her life without serious mental anguish and suffering knowing all this. Thatā€™s a far better punishment than death ever could be.
Quite.

I have never given it much thought before this week, but really, I think that a death sentence over a whole life imprisonment order is actually the soft option.

I can see why everyone put on one is instantly put on suicide watch.

Iā€™ve seen people in prisons saying that people who WLO canā€™t even really make friends with other in mates because of the difference that no option for release makes.

I think itā€™s a very cruel punishment, that is totally fitting on the likes of LL and Wayne Cousins.

Reactions: 43
Dr Stephen Brearey, the consultant paediatrician who first raised the alarm about Letby, added to the calls for a statutory inquiry on Tuesday.

He called for the inquiry to examine the role of the General Medical Council (GMC) and said the regulator had ā€œfailed doctors and patientsā€ by not conducting a proper investigation into Harvey.

Brearey and three of his consultant paediatrician colleagues made a formal misconduct complaint to the GMC about Harvey in 2018.

It alleged that Harvey failed to act on concerns about Letby despite the rising number of baby deaths and misled the public when he said, in February 2017, that there was ā€œno single cause or factor identified to explain the increase in mortality numbersā€.

Two reviews at this time had called for further forensic investigations into several unexplained deaths, in relation to which Letby was later found guilty of murder.

Brearey said the GMC ā€œhadnā€™t botheredā€ to examine the evidence or speak to the three other consultants who submitted the complaint before it closed the investigation.

Harvey told the regulator he would ā€œvigorouslyā€ defend himself but did not answer the allegations specifically, according to a copy of the complaint seen by the Guardian. The GMC cleared him with no case to answer in May 2022.

The former orthopaedic surgeon gave up his licence to practise when he retired to France in 2018 and in 2020 he gave up his registration with the GMC.

On the GMC investigation, Harvey said on Tuesday: ā€œGiven the circumstances, I feel that there can be no doubt that the GMC conducted a thorough investigation. On 3 May 2022, the GMC informed me that they had concluded their investigation and that the case was closed with no further action.ā€

Dr Ravi Jayaram, a senior paediatrician at the Countess of Chester hospital, said in an email to a GMC investigating officer on 6 May 2022 that it was ā€œpatently obvious that there has been no effort at all on the part of the GMCā€ to examine the evidence.

He added: ā€œTo conclude there is ā€˜no evidence when in reality there has been little if any attempt to look for evidence inspires very little confidence in the ability of the GMC to be able to fulfil its core duty to protect patients.ā€

From The Guardian.

Did we know that Dr B made a complaint to GMC re Harvey?
Itā€™s certainly the first time Iā€™m hearing of it but there are loads of articles since Friday Iā€™ve not had chance to read.

There are more and more reasons why this needs to be a statutory inquiry.
---
Ian Harvey is one piece of scum.

Saw this article on Reddit

A source told the Mail: 'Harvey retired very quickly in 2018. After Letby's arrest he cancelled his General Medical Council subscription and went to the South of France.'

Another former employee added: 'Around the time he retired, I asked Harvey whether he thought there could be a public inquiry into what had happened and his words were, "They would have to find me first", which bothered me.

This alone should prove that the inquiry should be statutory. He should be dragged back from France to answer these questions.
Yes you are right. They are all already showing they are not prepared to take any responsibility so how can we trust them to co-operate with an inquiry that is voluntary participation.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Nursed for 30 years from 1988
Even as a student nurse there were some very strange characters attracted to Nursing.
My Mum is a nurse and trained in London during the 1970s. As did all of my aunts and grand-aunts. They're training was like something akin to the army and at that time there were no nursing assistants per se, these hardworking nurses did everything, they're medical training was second to none and they worked hard.

What struck me about LL (besides from being a thunderous, cruel murderous witch) was the amount of time she spent on her phone while supposed to be looking after HIGHLY DEPENDENT babies. It was brought up time and again at trial and gave examples of she was claiming to feed babies (a two-handed job) while sending incessant Whatsapp messages throughout her shift. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is a thing? I'm not being anti-nurse here, for the most part they are kind and their decision to pursue a nursing career is vocational, but is this what nursing care is like these days? I'm curious because for my Mum's generation you'd have been kicked out for not being fully engaged throughout your shift.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Sky news now saying itā€™s looking like the government will change mind and make enquiry statuary, health secretary going to meet the parents to discuss. Fingers crossed

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Quite.

I have never given it much thought before this week, but really, I think that a death sentence over a whole life imprisonment order is actually the soft option.

I can see why everyone put on one is instantly put on suicide watch.

Iā€™ve seen people in prisons saying that people who WLO canā€™t even really make friends with other in mates because of the difference that no option for release makes.

I think itā€™s a very cruel punishment, that is totally fitting on the likes of LL and Wayne Cousins.
I know a lot of people think jail is still too kind for them if they get luxuries like tv, being able to decorate their sells, buy clothes or whatever. But honestly what bleeping difference does that make in the scheme of whatā€™s facing her? Itā€™s all just futile

Reactions: 25
The discipline in nursing is no longer there, or not as much. How you behaved on shift & also represented the profession off-shift was taken seriously.
You just need to watch some of the Tiktokkers who are nurses, their behaviour, language & attitude is appalling, especially on a platform that is aimed at a young audience.

My Mum is a nurse and trained in London during the 1970s. As did all of my aunts and grand-aunts. They're training was like something akin to the army and at that time there were no nursing assistants per se, these hardworking nurses did everything, they're medical training was second to none and they worked hard.

What struck me about LL (besides from being a thunderous, cruel murderous witch) was the amount of time she spent on her phone while supposed to be looking after HIGHLY DEPENDENT babies. It was brought up time and again at trial and gave examples of she was claiming to feed babies (a two-handed job) while sending incessant Whatsapp messages throughout her shift. I'm genuinely curious as to whether this is a thing? I'm not being anti-nurse here, for the most part they are kind and their decision to pursue a nursing career is vocational, but is this what nursing care is like these days? I'm curious because for my Mum's generation you'd have been kicked out for not being fully engaged throughout your shift.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I know a lot of people think jail is still too kind for them if they get luxuries like tv, being able to decorate their sells, buy clothes or whatever. But honestly what bleeping difference does that make in the scheme of whatā€™s facing her? Itā€™s all just futile
Agreed, the Daily Mail ran their classic article about how LL was going to be in some "cushty" jail (they love that word), but I was thinking - wow, she gets pink walls, a bed and a shop... so what? She's still locked up for the rest of her life with no liberties or freedom.

Reactions: 19
My first house was a 2-Up-2-Down which backed on to a cemetery. It was all I could afford as my first footstep on the housing ladder. I'm not saying this to deny LL any guilt, but just to say please don't assume that anyone who lives next to a cemetery is a murderer!
I used to live next to a cemetery and loved it. It was very peaceful (no tit).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Agreed, the Daily Mail ran their classic article about how LL was going to be in some "cushty" jail (they love that word), but I was thinking - wow, she gets pink walls, a bed and a shop... so what? She's still locked up for the rest of her life with no liberties or freedom.
Yeah, these are not luxuries for someone serving a WLO.
A TV would taunt her about the outside world and what she's missing. A shop to buy clothes that no one's gonna see her in.
Meaningful gossip, real life emotion, excitement, adventure etc...that's what's been taken away.
Nothing matters. There's nothing if you can't have freedom.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Stephen Cross...he was director of legal services and corporate affairs.... is a director of Chester Masons.

Surprise surprise.
IMG_3438.jpeg

Heā€™d clearly missed the point that babies were collapsing and dying for unexplained and unexpected reasons meaning it likely was a crime scene

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.