Lucy Letby Case #67

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sarrita and Co. are holding a meeting to discuss their plan of action going forward for LL’s appeal if anyone is interested to find out what they’re cooking up. It’s not private so I suspect there’ll be quite a few journalists in there.
B6B8F573-9B84-4E65-BE18-A196EC9809BA.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
This soooo pleases me for her!!! When I read all the hate about her pink room… I’m like hang on a minute…. Let her sit in it for decades … let this awful cruel thing have 3 dreary visits wi parents a month making small talk … never to eat in a restaurant never have a cocktail or attend a party … can’t even wear her kitten heals!!! 👏 it’s a far cry from the life she had …. Nowt will fetch them babies bk but I get pleasure in knowing she will never see or experience anything outside them walls again!!!! Mummy n daddy will have to send her a postcard from their hollibobs. Didums!!! Xx
Absolutely! The punishment is the monotony.

It's the lack of feeling that freedom gives.

Like, today I'm off for a night away. I'm beyond excited, planning outfits and what meal I'm going to have.

Yesterday, I had a lazy day at home. I sat on the sofa in my 'beautiful' living room and watched TV. I was *bored* senseless and looking outside wishing for a nice summers day. I was completely fed up.

That's the reality of it. Most people get bored doing the same old, same old. It's like going into work everyday doing a process-driven job...doing that every day of your life, 24 hours a day without any holidays. It would be utterly relentless with no escape.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Re the posts about jail life being cushy... there's no life that could make the loss of freedom ok for me. Imagine knowing you'll never see the sea again? Feel sand between your toes (or maybe even grass)? Paddle in fresh water? Climb to the top of a hill and see the landscape stretched out in front of you. Never, ever be completely alone again. Never wander down a high street and go into any shop that takes your fancy. Never leave the country, nor go on an airplane, boat, train or probably even car again. Never cuddle up with your own pet in your lap and watch whatever you want on tv, alone. Never go to a market, a swimming pool, a cafe, a restaurant, a concert. Never see a snowy landscape.... oh just so, so many things. Even the best version of prison life is just an existence. A very, very, small and insignificant existence.
Not that I ever plan on breaking the law and ending up in jail but this has made me feel a bit panicky about ever ending up in jail 😂

One of my favourite things to do is go into town by myself. Do a bit of shopping and then go for a coffee. All by myself, no kids, no husband, no friends. No talking. I can't imagine never being able to do that again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Not that I ever plan on breaking the law and ending up in jail but this has made me feel a bit panicky about ever ending up in jail 😂

One of my favourite things to do is go into town by myself. Do a bit of shopping and then go for a coffee. All by myself, no kids, no husband, no friends. No talking. I can't imagine never being able to do that again.
This is me! I have friends and family that can’t do anything alone but I LOVE it. No one to answer to but the freedom to do exactly what I want.

Reactions: 20
Babe, same.
From my digging, I don't believe S. Adams was ever awarded a PhD. She did do research for several years, but not in a relevant field and frankly sounds like she is mentally unwell. People like Dick Gill and my super science bro rationalist friends do my head in - they're so used to being able to use science to prove people wrong that they can't see in this case maybe the science actually doesn't support her innocence.

Finally, Ben Myers is not thick. He's a leading criminal barrister with years of experience, as is BNE. And Judge Goss doesn't strike me as someone who would be fine with a dodgy trial in his courtroom. So why couldn't the defence muster anything more than "Lucy says she didn't do it, maybe these experts and grieving parents are wrong, here's a plumber." Something doesn't add up, but the answer is that she's guilty, not that the stats say she couldn't have done it.
I mean, i can see how doing a phd could lead you to mental health issues, I had a small breakdown about a week before my viva because I was worried I would forget how words work and be unable to speak... not my finest moment 😆. But in all seriousness, I don't think she should be putting herself in the spotlight for this, especially if she is as ill as she comes across. I also don't understand why she's so invested in her being innocent but perhaps it's another mystery we'll never know the answer to.

It's a shame otherwise intelligent people can't see past their own biases for this. It's unthinkable that anyone would want to kill neonates, but sadly this world is full of unthinkable things.

also 'here's a plumber' 🤣🤣

Reactions: 18
Anyone who thinks jail is cushy is a fool. Things like a TV and the ability to (somewhat in her case) decorate a room or shop (very somewhat) only mean anything if you have a full life surrounding them, if they are all you have? They are just purgatory. She can moderately decorate her cell, her eternal holding place, surrounded by the worst criminals, she can buy a limited choice of used clothing noone can see her in, she can watch certain channels on TV to see a life she will never have again. Where's the point?

Reactions: 32
I mean, i can see how doing a phd could lead you to mental health issues, I had a small breakdown about a week before my viva because I was worried I would forget how words work and be unable to speak... not my finest moment 😆. But in all seriousness, I don't think she should be putting herself in the spotlight for this, especially if she is as ill as she comes across. I also don't understand why she's so invested in her being innocent but perhaps it's another mystery we'll never know the answer to.

It's a shame otherwise intelligent people can't see past their own biases for this. It's unthinkable that anyone would want to kill neonates, but sadly this world is full of unthinkable things.

also 'here's a plumber' 🤣🤣
I think that calling the campaign "Science on Trial" is fooling a lot of people who consider themselves to be scientists/skeptics/rationalists but haven't actually looked at the evidence in any great detail or questioned whether what is being presented by SoT actually stands up - possibly because they don't actually know much about science, they just like how it sounds and it makes them feel smug and superior. This is science! Therefore the trial was Not Science! I am Very Clever.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I also don't understand why she's so invested in her being innocent but perhaps it's another mystery we'll never know the answer to
Because her ex father in law (father of the man she domestically abused - see the official court document detailing it all) was a doctor at COCH.
Her involvement in this case is deeply personal.
65657AD7-EA1D-4E4B-9516-B866BF53F896.png

A1420D62-A45F-4977-8D00-DE3973C6997D.png

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Anyone who thinks jail is cushy is a fool. Things like a TV and the ability to (somewhat in her case) decorate a room or shop (very somewhat) only mean anything if you have a full life surrounding them, if they are all you have? They are just purgatory. She can moderately decorate her cell, her eternal holding place, surrounded by the worst criminals, she can buy a limited choice of used clothing noone can see her in, she can watch certain channels on TV to see a life she will never have again. Where's the point?
Will she be allowed to wear her own clothes? She will grow out of them at some stage no doubt.

Reactions: 3
Will she be allowed to wear her own clothes? She will grow out of them at some stage no doubt.
I think I read that wearing own clothes is a privilege that has to be earnt. I also read that they can't lounge in their PJs and if you get into them before you allowed to then that's a breach of the rules. I then read some harrowing reports about the stained underwear they get given 🤢 not sure if true or if it applies to every prison but I think it was on a report into real prison life with accounts from real prisoners

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
This is me! I have friends and family that can’t do anything alone but I LOVE it. No one to answer to but the freedom to do exactly what I want.
In my younger years I spent two years travelling around the world on my own. For the second year I was with my husband, still buggered off on my own 😂 I'm my favourite company, I'm always in agreement with what I want.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sarrita and Co. are holding a meeting to discuss their plan of action going forward for LL’s appeal if anyone is interested to find out what they’re cooking up. It’s not private so I suspect there’ll be quite a few journalists in there.
View attachment 2407392
What exactly is going to happen to all the money when Letby is inevitably not given leave to appeal?

Reactions: 12
View attachment 2407392
Wonder if any of us will pop along to ask a question.

Does Sarrita not understand that just because she was wrongly accused in the same time span this does not automatically make Lucy innocent.

Reactions: 10
I think I read that wearing own clothes is a privilege that has to be earnt. I also read that they can't lounge in their PJs and if you get into them before you allowed to then that's a breach of the rules. I then read some harrowing reports about the stained underwear they get given 🤢 not sure if true or if it applies to every prison but I think it was on a report into real prison life with accounts from real prisoners
There's a gammony contingent of Telegraph readers who have been led to believe that prison is basically akin to Butlins without the knobbly knee contest.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't know about every prison, but my daughter's father is in HMP Portland, cat C, but it and they can have a box sent in when they first go, but has to be specific types of clothes. I'm in a Facebook group for families of prisoners and clothing boxes seem to be pretty standard. It's basically just brandless grey tracksuits. Maybe womens' prisons and higher cats are different

Reactions: 9
I don't know about every prison, but my daughter's father is in HMP Portland, cat C, but it and they can have a box sent in when they first go, but has to be specific types of clothes. I'm in a Facebook group for families of prisoners and clothing boxes seem to be pretty standard. It's basically just brandless grey tracksuits. Maybe womens' prisons and higher cats are different
Do you know how they wash their clothes? Is there a communal laundry?

Reactions: 3
I wonder if Janet still works at COCH, must be very awkward working with the consultants if she is still adamant she is innocent.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.