Lucy Letby Case #38

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Guys I'm just heading to reddit to see the "there will be medical experts for the defence" crowd melt down.
BRB

• Haha
Reactions: 57
So, will it be done for today? Will they be back tomorrow for closing? Why July 3rd for being sent out? So many questions I am sorry!

Reactions: 9
Bang bang Lucy Lucy’s going away! Who’s going to Matalan when Lucy goes away? ( to the tune of bang bang Rosie by Seamus Moore) 🎵

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Oh @tay65 i hope youre ok love. You and your pal get yourself to a nice restaurant and get a couple of cocktails. Make the most of it 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Jesus. If I was accused of murdering babies and my defence put out a plumber from estates as my only defence, I’d be devastated. She knows she did it. BM knows she did it. Surely the jury know she did it. Wow, wow, wow. Can’t believe the evidence is all done now.

Where the judge has said w/c July 3rd is when the jury are expected to go out, does that mean that’s when they can start their deliberations?
That’s the the thing though, a plumber was the best they could do! There’s no medical expert that would testify on her behalf because all the evidence points to her being guilty

Reactions: 26
There has to be something more to this. Has she admitted to BM that she's killed them or something so he can't mislead the court by bringing in the professor of neonatology to explain it away?

bleeping millions of pounds spent on this trial and the best BM's rustled up is a PLUMBER.
I thought this - has she, now she's finished her evidence and can speak to him, admitted something to him? Or was her evidence so damming that even he can see she's clearly guilty and he has no other way of defending her with a clear conscience?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
So just to be clear: the entire trial up until now was prosecution evidence? So Letby’s defense was just herself on the stand and Mario’s cousin on the hospital plumbing?

That’s insane. That’s so insane. I wonder if they were ever intending on having more defence witnesses or experts. Like, did her terrible testimony scare them all away or did they have none in the first place?

The bleeping audacity of her to not plead guilty at the start. Honestly.
This. Can expert witnesses/witnesses in general pull out at the last minute?

Reactions: 9
Don't know why they're bothering with closing arguments really. I mean the outcome is pretty obvious.
What's BM going to even say? The prosecution has tonnes of evidence, my client has been shown to be a massive liar, she's a skank and a murderer but luigi was called out to some tit water on some dates that have nothing to do with any of the events for this trial so yeah please find her not guilty... :rolleyes:

Also:
Mr Mansutti agrees that one of the problems for the flooding was adults 'putting things down sinks'.
One incident is somebody 'forcing a wipe towel down a sink'. Mr Mansutti accepts an incident did take place

We all know there's only one person in that hospital who likes forcing things where they don't belong. I bet she did it so that when she eventually got caught she could use it as her excuse.

Poor plumber, I really feel his name shouldn't have been reported, no name gets to remain anonymous but this poor guy doesn't?!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m actually crying. It’s over. The murdering bleep is going down for life.

A plumber is the only person willing to stand in court for her defence after 7 months of prosecution evidence and countless witnesses. BNE and his team have done an astounding job of tying up every loose end.

I can’t wait to hear the closing statements. She might as well just change her plea at this point - and tbh I can see her doing that. More attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Dear me that was pitiful. I was shocked when she took the stand but now it makes sense. How embarrassing for her that this is their only defense. She's going down for this. She has to be!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Tbf, her defence was a month as LL herself was the main defence! So she has had a completely fair trial and an opportunity to say her "truth".

The medical evidence was always going to be tough to dispute given the number of experts who all agreed on it - so I'm not surprised BM didn't bring any on.

Statistics experts were always going to be useless as this trial wasn't based on it - the association with her was noticed a year before there was even a formal review! And statistics can't explain the insulin or air embolisms - that's the basis of this trial.

The best defence for her was always going to be hearing her explanations and reasoning that maybe no one else had realised. She had none.

The lack of her filling out any DATIX reports or any formal documentation/messages/notes etc to support her theories for the collapses was what ended her - we can see other nurses were making DATIX reports, so why wasn't she (until the end, when it was a fabrication anyway as shown by the senior doctors). No evidence at all that anything or anyone else may have been responsible.

There is no defence for her other than what we have seen, it's that simple.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.