• Not Guilty - Innocent

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Guilty of some but not all

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 15 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last thread:

Results of previous poll:

IMG_2647.jpeg

Links for today’s live reporting:

Chester Standard

Sky News

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t know what’s been said more Lucy with “I don’t recall” Or Amber Heards legal team with “objection hearsay”

• Haha
Reactions: 25
A million % guilty. On all charges. I really hope the jury are seeing this. Those poor babies and parents ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Read from bottom up

3:51pm

Letby had previously told her defence that, due to temperature concerns and aspirates, she wanted Child Q to be reviewed by doctors before feeding at 9am on June 25.

The neonatal schedule shows Letby made observations for the designated baby in room 1 at 8.30am. She also co-signed for medication at 8.32-8.34am for a baby in room 3.

At 9am, Mary Griffith is doing observations for a baby in room 2. An unsigned entry is made for Letby's designated baby in room 1 at this time.
Also at this time, Letby is recorded doing observations for Child Q.

Letby says she does not recall doing the observations or being interrupted.

Mr Johnson says he uses the word 'interrupted' as swipe data shows Mary Griffith entering the neonatal unit at 9.01am.

He suggests Letby pumped Child Q with some clear liquid while Mary Griffith was out.

Letby denies this.

3:45pm
Letby adds there had been a 'slight increase' in the lactate, and the pH reading was slightly lower, but accepts it was a good reading overall.
Letby said at the time of Child Q's handover on the morning of June 25: "There were concerns for his abdomen and his feeds." Asked who else had raised these concerns but her, Letby replies she does not know.

3:43pm
Letby says, "other than some temperature issues", the overall condition of Child Q was positive.
Child Q was looked after by Samantha O'Brien on the night of June 24-25, and Child Q was being fed 0.5ml of milk every two hours at 3am, 5am and 7am.
A blood gas reading at 6.58am was "very good", Mr Johnson says. Letby agrees.

3:40pm

Letby agrees Child Q required some breathing support at birth.
She also agrees Child Q "made good progress" after birth, according to Mr Johnson.

3:37pm

Mr Johnson says Child Q was transferred to nursery room 1.
NJ: "He was in a serious condition after that, wasn't he?

LL: "No I disagree."

NJ: "He needed one-to-one care, didn't he?

LL: "Yes, he was assessed as ITU care."

The rota for June 25, 2016, at the beginning of the shift, is shown to the court.

Child Q was in room 2, designated nurse Lucy Letby. One other baby is in room 2, with a different designated nurse.

Letby was a designated nurse for a baby in room 1. Two other babies are in room 1. Three babies were in room 3 and four babies in room 4. Nurse Mary Griffith had designated babies in rooms 2, 3 and 4.

Letby rules out staffing levels or staffing mistakes or medical incompetence as contributory factors for Child Q's collapse.

3:33pm

Medical expert witness Dr Dewi Evans was challenged by the defence on his use of the word 'crashed' for Child Q, saying that was a 'gross exaggeration'.

Letby says a more appropriate word for what happened to Child Q would be "deterioration".

A doctor colleague had referred to the event, in a message, as an 'acute deterioration'.
Letby said that would be accurate.

She said the difference would be a crash would require a crash call being put out.

3:30pm
The trial is resuming after a short break.

Mr Johnson clarifies from a text message sent to a doctor colleague, Letby did have two designated babies at the start of that shift, one of whom was Child P.

He now turns to the case of Child Q.

Letby, in her defence statement, said she cannot recall much from the shift given what had happened in the previous days.

She said she did not understand why feeding was continued for Child Q when it was not being digested.

Letby said Child Q was sick and when she arrived, from the records, she aspirated 'air+++' from Child Q. She says she does not know how that air got there, and she did not cause it.
Child Q was not put on a ventilator as there were concerns over NEC.
She did not deliberately retain a handover sheet for Child Q.
Letby says she would like to amend the statement, to say she was on duty after June 25, 2016.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Thanks for making the new thread! :)

Nice to see BNE showing Lucy how to admit to mistakes and ya know, be human about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She has literally just done an observation on baby Q. Presumably he was well enough for her to walk out that room then. So how could they possibly then, in mere moments, be filled with so much air and “mucus” that they have a deterioration that led to brain damage.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
3:56pm

Letby is asked why she has only done 'half a job' for the 9am June 25 observation for Child Q.
LL: "I can't explain why I haven't filled the saturations."
NJ: "You were interrupted by Mary Griffith, weren't you?"
LL: "No, I don't know why those weren't filled in."
---
4:00pm

Letby said she left room 2 to go to room 1 as she needed to attend to cares for the other designated baby just after 9am.
Mr Johnson says that is a lie.
Letby says the baby didn't need a nappy change, but that baby "was an intensive care baby who needed regular attention".
Letby agrees she had not filled in the saturation readings, but otherwise 'the job was done' for Child Q's 9am observation
---
4:05pm

Letby says she was not presentin the room at the time Child Q vomited. She says she cannot recall aspirating air from the NG Tube afterwards, but may have done so.

Letby's nursing note: '...mottled++. Neopuff and suction applied....air++ aspirated from NG Tube.'

Letby says that information may have been relayed to her.

She says the air in Child Q might have come from the Neopuffing process.

Letby agrees it could be dangerous if the Neopuffing and suction was done if there was clear liquid in Child Q's system. Letby said Child Q had vomited over his bedding.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is she admitting here that the note has been falsified to make it look like neopuffing made the abdo more distended by agreeing with what he has said? Rather than her admitting to administering air into the baby?
Screenshot_20230608-160647_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 23
4:06pm

Child Q, in a doctor's notes, had “just vomited” and his oxygen saturation dropped to the “low 60s”.

NJ: "There was a concern that [Child Q] had inhaled some liquid, wasn't there?"

Letby replies that is a concern any time a baby vomits

4:08pm

The doctor's observations with Child Q continue for 53 minutes.

NJ: "This was no everyday, minor desaturation, was it?"

Letby replies it was not serious enough to require an emergency crash call.

NJ: "You pumped him with a clear liquid, didn't you?"

LL: "No."

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
I feel so sorry for Child Q's parents (alongside all the others of course). Imagine having to listen to all of her lies and denials about other babies, knowing that they're closer and closer to one of the worse days of your life. Added to the fact she could've, and arguably should've been stopped well before she even got anywhere near your flesh and blood.

I know we joke and make light of some of the things on here, but I think today - maybe with it being the first week where we've had more consistent evidence, and she seems to have escalated in her awful treatment of these poor defenceless babies - has really got to me. :cry:

She's so wanting to keep control though, isn't she? Arguing with specifics about a 'crash' and a 'deterioration'. What a (thinks she's being so clever) witch.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but is she admitting here that the note has been falsified to make it look like neopuffing made the abdo more distended by agreeing with what he has said? Rather than her admitting to administering air into the baby?View attachment 2226176
I thought this too! The reporting makes it sound as though she has admitted it!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think she’s quite thick. She’s done this before where she doesn’t get what he’s insinuating and agrees to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
4:10pm

Messages sent to a nursing colleague from 1.13pm are shown to the court: '[Child Q] on CPAP'
'Minna has taken [other baby] off me so just got him. Almost had a tube earlier but gases improving'.
Letby denies the event was 'trivial', saying Child Q had deteriorated but it was not on the same level as some of the other events that have been discussed, and did not need a crash call or resuscitation efforts.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I haven’t posted as yet as due to working nights I’m usually catching up reading. The last two days have been the first time I’ve managed to follow in real time - tbh I’m finding it harder than normal to think that the poor parents are having to relive this all.
LL appears to show no compassion whatsoever in her answers - as a nurse (also previously a midwife) I’m struggling to get my head around her mindset and how anyone in this job could be so evil. The sheer lack of reflection and accountability is astounding tbh
I’m also a NICU mum - my son being born at 31+4 weeks. He’s now 22 and a strapping 6ft + however I remember every day of our 5 weeks in hospital following his birth. I cannot imagine what those parents have gone through and continue to go through
I fear that there will be more to come with Operation Hummingbird continuing and can’t bear to think of anyone who had babies over that timescale waiting for a knock on their door if anything is uncovered
I’m off to pour a big gin and enjoy my night off

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Oxygen going in the 80s is alarming and will require hospital monitoring in the 60s for a tiny baby is bleeping frightening. It might not need a crash for a dr but it’s really really serious

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.