Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
With all the moving could she have put the sheets in the keep box as she was going to get rid of them properly but just left them
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Insulin has been a huge common factor in so many cases though. Beverley Allitt, Colin Norris, Victorino Chua, and now allegedly LL all used insulin. In fact there's only been one nurse murderer in the UK in recent years who hasn't used it.

I feel like pharmacists will likely be asked to keep track of how many vials each unit has, and whether it matches the prescription amount. We know the NICU was apparently going through a lot more than usual during this spree, that probably should have been looked at.
I’m sure that NHS policy will change and there’ll be more robust checks brought in for nurses administering drugs in general if she does go down for this (although, whether or not any policy changes will actually be enforced or not given the current state of the NHS is a completely different question), but I just personally don’t see it ever being made a CD.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

fcukthispoo

Active member
I'm new to this thread (just found it!) and by all accounts (including her own admission in her diary) she is guilty.
However, has anyone speculated about *why* she killed / attempted to kill babies? (sorry, I'm new and this might have been asked before)....
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

gmf21

Active member
Shes on an NMC suspension order atm. Its only interim rather than a permanent striking off order but would assume they are awaiting the outcome.
I thought they might be able to avoid striking her off if she was found NG cos she’ll have no hours at all since she was remanded. I do think they’d find a way though if not.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

AllieBee

VIP Member
You have to renew your PIN every year to stay on the NMC register and do at least 2 shifts a year (I think), plus revalidation every 3 years which is mandatory to keeping your PIN.
I very much doubt she has been able to do this, I imagine that her PIN status is currently suspended and even if she’s found NG I very much doubt she will be able to return to nursing easily…
---

Edit to add - I meant that she very much is unable to renew her PIN/revalidate for obvs reasons! not work a shift ….
Yeah even if found not guilty she would probably have to do return to nursing before she could get her PIN again. I think it's 150 hours per year you have to do which obvs she hasn't done any for what 5 years?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

Dolly Daydreaming

Well-known member
I hope @OldBlondie doesn’t mind but I contacted her fella Dan. He told me main court was full but unfortunately he doesn’t know if overspill court is full too. So I am still no clearer if people are being turned away 🤣
😭 argh, I'll be getting multiple buses and trains to get there too, as I don't drive ffs. Did anyone go yesterday?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I know she's only been questioned by BM so far but eh.. I think she's done "better" then I expected.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

abelleza

VIP Member
pretty sure ive caught up on everything now but what is the signifcance of the bedroom and garage pics? why did they take and show them?
They just took them as evidence? As there were clues like the handovers and her notes, and that’s where she lived and she’s accused of killing babies. Idk why they showed the general pictures of the rooms though, maybe to try and build up a picture of who she is?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

veevee04

VIP Member
I think it's going to be really difficult to get a verdict if BM does have expert witness testimony. A majority of 10 jurors is needed out of 12. I can definitely see it going to a hung jury.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

AllieBee

VIP Member
Legal brains here. Can I ask you a question? With cross examination, can they only pick up on points raised by the defence, ie, so far Facebook searches and the notes, or can they ask about other points that may have been raised by prosecution? Cos just thinking if it's limited to what the defence ask, there may not be much to cross examine on? Hopefully my rambling makes sense!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

What's your point

VIP Member
I know this will have been discussed before but why is Dr no name not named? Loads of other colleagues have been named that have given evidence so why is no name anonymous?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4

IamSpartacus

Active member
I thought it was one of the prosecutions main points as they closed? btw LL does know what air emb is etc because look, she did the training a week before baby A’s death…boom…
Or am I remembering that wrong?
I remember they mentioned that she had had the training so knew what an embolism was, (and she said as much in an interview) but did they go into detail on the content of the training, e.g the specific risks involved in this new treatment. Because I can imagine Defence saying: staff generally were unfamiliar/ still learning/ liable to make mistakes with these new long line IVs - this is why training was introduced and *this is why the embolisms happened.*

It just feels like a crucial bit of info that's been glossed over
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

potmog

Member
He glosses over quite a lot doesn't he. Makes me think he knows that he can't really defend her on the evidence so he's doing the old 'ignore ot and hope the jury are too stupid to notice' kind of defence.

Prosecution won't let her off that easily though, so I think she'll be in for a shock and might regret wanting to take the stand.
If he "glosses" over too much might that be pinpointed as unfair representation/defence and allow her to claim for mistrial if found gulity ? Or maybe I'm overthinking it!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 4