Lucy Letby case #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On the 257 notes - we do know she picked up a lot of extra shifts, and she did some half shifts IIRC? Also it might not be a strict 365 day year they’re referring to - even a month either side of a year would make a big difference to the number of shifts available for her to take the sheets.

Reactions: 11
At her parents home they’re in a box marked keep 😵 keeeeeeep?!! Absolute nutter. I wonder if she’s questioned on that, why did you mark them to keep if you’d taken them home accidentally and forgotten about them. There isn’t a normal, reasonable reason… same with the fb searches.
The shredder box too.. has she bought that in Hertfordshire and taken the shredder back home, seems a bit strange and that stuff feels like it was more hidden at their house than what’s at her own.
The Morrisons bag for life is the bag with Ibiza on it, that was under the bed.

Thought I’d look back at the wiki for L&M as they are the babies marked in her diary for April. The diary is mentioned in police interview and so Letby has a chance to say “I noted them once I felt under suspicion to gather my thoughts etc” and she doesn’t. She says I simply noted what had happened that day 🤔 imo that means she’s saying she did it there and then.
The entries are
8th LD TWINS
9th LD TWINS RESUS

To my knowledge the 8th is when baby L is poisoned. Now if she noted that on the day and not retrospectively, why is the 8th significant? Just because they were born? What would make you note in your diary that they were born? Why would she note it specifically for those twins and not all babies? Very odd. Any midwives or neonatal nurses out there noting babies births in a diary? Not in an “I had an awful day” thought dump way but a coded short note to say twins were born. Make that make sense!
or is it that the 8th is significant because she poisoned a baby that day. Nobody at the hospital was aware of that yet or suspicious that that had been going on.
Also baby M reads so much like the incident @Tofino shared for baby A the other day that it is staggering imo.

View attachment 2108949View attachment 2108950
It's madness she shouldn't have ANY names of ANY babies in her personal diary.

Reactions: 22
Agree with all this entirely.

And she only cries for herself, never cries for others.

Hope you're feeling better soon 💕
Yes I noticed that too. I know from working in a similar field (albeit mental health) that it's really easy to become desensitised to things but some of the stuff we've heard about the babies is horrible. I can't shake that a truly innocent woman, who apparently sobbed for some of these babies when they died, would shed at least a few tears seeing and hearing the parents talk about what happened to their babies. We know she can cry but she only cries for herself.

Thank you 😊 I'm getting there!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It's madness she shouldn't have ANY names of ANY babies in her personal diary.
It’s also not

8th
LD - Twins, 34 weeker arrived, X went home etc

Shes only documenting the babies she’s killed or tried to kill.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Normal working day sure, not 12/13 hour nursing shifts. She would have to be averaging 60 hour weeks, not taking in to account annual leave. That's insane for anyone, let alone a nurse doing shift work looking after neonates.
shifts tend to span across 3-4 days a week as they work 37.5 hours over long days/nights as a basic rule. Realistically she would do around 150 a year, probably less, considering there’s annual leave/study leave and possible sickness. Handover sheets are updated twice a day so that one is available for the start of each shift but each staff member would only need the one relevant for their shift per day.
Oh I see, I wasn’t thinking about it like that. How on earth has she managed to amass so many then? It makes no sense to me

Reactions: 5
Would she have access to the opposite shifts handover sheet? So the sheet given to the day staff when they arrive to take over from her?

Reactions: 6
Yes I noticed that too. I know from working in a similar field (albeit mental health) that it's really easy to become desensitised to things but some of the stuff we've heard about the babies is horrible. I can't shake that a truly innocent woman, who apparently sobbed for some of these babies when they died, would shed at least a few tears seeing and hearing the parents talk about what happened to their babies. We know she can cry but she only cries for herself.

Thank you 😊 I'm getting there!
Yes 100% this. It’s all well and good to say well she’s gone over everything before but she wheeled these parent’s babies to them dead. She spoke of parents on their knees in grief in her texts (can’t remember it in PI though 😖). She’s listening to them describe harrowing details for the first time. She cries for herself and that’s it. She went looking for these people’s grief don’t forget. She wanted to see them. She wanted to see what they were doing. If that was because she cared, she would show empathy now upon seeing them crying in real life. I think the opposite is true. She is enjoying it.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
It’s also not

8th
LD - Twins, 34 weeker arrived, X went home etc

Shes only documenting the babies she’s killed or tried to kill.
It's sick but thank god she had the urge to document her crimes albeit coded. Thank god her impulses told her to keep relevant documentation and sick souvenirs and thank god she did her weird little facebook searches (proving she remembered the anniversary of her crimes)

The evidence in these medical murders is all to often scarce isn't it? But putting this altogether and it creates a picture, a damning picture.

Its just such a big case with so much detail and so much emotion, I hope the jury can see the wood for the trees.

• Heart
Yeah I agree, having 250+ handover sheets in your house it’s not a good defense whichever way you look at it.
What line do we all think the defense will actually go down at this point then? Because I’m really struggling to see what they could possibly say to convince a jury that she’s innocent at this point.
I have been following the case, loosely, however I struggle with the claims about why she had handover sheets at home. I’m a nurse, I had covid last July and had many health issues arise from covid, I went back to work 7 months later -the Night before mh 1st shift I was clearing out my bag (which is used exclusively for work) and I genuinely found about 25/30 handovers!! When I’m changing after a shift I’m too far away from the confidential waste bin and honestly can’t be bothered walking back - so I stick it in my bag with the intention of disposing of it the next day - clearly this is a bad way to manage it hence all the handover sheets. I have spoken about this with colleagues and they all do the same. Which makes me wonder if there was other info on the handovers that we dont, because ‘generally there isn’t anything ‘identifiable’ in ahandover but they may be different in England 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 4
Would she have access to the opposite shifts handover sheet? So the sheet given to the day staff when they arrive to take over from her?
in theory yes, and it crossed my mind as to whether she might have taken one sometimes as a post shift trophy type sheet, but obviously just speculation

I've decided that if trigger and smudge are the names of her cats, which seems likely, then Bergerac may be a name of her parents dog or cat (assuming they may have one) that she grew up with in her childhood home. Makes sense to me and I can see people of her parents age having likes and watched bergerac and thinking it makes a good pet name.

Reactions: 13
Didn't we hear she also took handover sheets for babies she wasn't the designated nurse for? That might account for the number as well. It says in the MailOnline, the paperwork relates to the 250 shifts she worked between June 2015 and 2016, but they might have misunderstood the number of shift don't equal the number of handover notes.

Attachments

I’m wondering does everybody have copy of the same sheet? Or you have a handover sheet for individual babies? Or the whole unit? Has she taken other people’s for babies that weren’t designated to her? I believe she wasn’t designated nurse for M but somehow managed to take his blood gas report from medical records home with her.

Reactions: 7
I can't stop looking at the photos of her bedroom. It's like a teenagers room. I can't get my head around any of this. Like how can anyone go from killing beautiful,innocent babies and then go to bed with fairy lights adorning your bed and teddies and wondering about what you are going to buy next from the Avon catalogue or matalan?
How did/ does she live with herself?
It's like she was surrounding herself with things that make her come across as completely bland and harmless and yet she is the most horrific person iv ever read about

Madness how many people are admitting to having endless paper work in their home that they shouldn’t have on facebook with their full name on show🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I have been following the case, loosely, however I struggle with the claims about why she had handover sheets at home. I’m a nurse, I had covid last July and had many health issues arise from covid, I went back to work 7 months later -the Night before mh 1st shift I was clearing out my bag (which is used exclusively for work) and I genuinely found about 25/30 handovers!! When I’m changing after a shift I’m too far away from the confidential waste bin and honestly can’t be bothered walking back - so I stick it in my bag with the intention of disposing of it the next day - clearly this is a bad way to manage it hence all the handover sheets. I have spoken about this with colleagues and they all do the same. Which makes me wonder if there was other info on the handovers that we dont, because ‘generally there isn’t anything ‘identifiable’ in ahandover but they may be different in England 🤷‍♀️
I guess what I would put to you is that you forgot about these sheets and, when you discovered them, presumably you get rid of them. Lucy didn't, even though she has a shredder that she uses for other documents in her home. She kept over 250 documents, some at her parents house, and even moved documents to another bag that she can only have had after her holiday to Ibiza, at the tail end of her spree. Again, this is all despite having the means to dispose of them and they aren't forgotten notes: some of them she explicitly labelled to keep.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Madness how many people are admitting to having endless paper work in their home that they shouldn’t have on facebook with their full name on show🤣
Grim! Are they all stored in bags together? And boxes marked keep? Nope. These aren’t in her old handbag or pocket, they’ve been moved and collected into other bags and kept together. Sometimes in boxes marked ‘Keep’.
If it is… congrats you’re a bleeping weirdo.

Reactions: 12
I’m wondering does everybody have copy of the same sheet? Or you have a handover sheet for individual babies? Or the whole unit? Has she taken other people’s for babies that weren’t designated to her? I believe she wasn’t designated nurse for M but somehow managed to take his blood gas report from medical records home with her.
I've worked in different places but it's always been the whole ward on the sheet, then you make notes for your patients. So there would be babies on there she wasn't the designated nurse for. You'd also sometimes borrow someone else's if they went on a break and had notes for their specific patients you might need for reference.
---
On the 257 notes - we do know she picked up a lot of extra shifts, and she did some half shifts IIRC? Also it might not be a strict 365 day year they’re referring to - even a month either side of a year would make a big difference to the number of shifts available for her to take the sheets.
100 extra shifts is an awful lot though, could explain why she was always around. Or they could fall outside the year in question which would make up more shifts but then, for me anyway, would lose the significance of having sheets for this particular year, if it was actually much longer.

Reactions: 7
I guess what I would put to you is that you forgot about these sheets and, when you discovered them, presumably you get rid of them. Lucy didn't, even though she has a shredder that she uses for other documents in her home. She kept over 250 documents, some at her parents house, and even moved documents to another bag that she can only have had after her holiday to Ibiza, at the tail end of her spree. Again, this is all despite having the means to dispose of them and they aren't forgotten notes: some of them she explicitly labelled to keep.
oh I agree 100% but that’s what I meant maybe I didn’t word it right - I wondered if she had other personal info on the sheets -parents names, date of births, address etc - which would have helped with the social media searches etc….

Reactions: 6
Grim! Are they all stored in bags together? And boxes marked keep? Nope. These aren’t in her old handbag or pocket, they’ve been moved and collected into other bags and kept together. Sometimes in boxes marked ‘Keep’.
If it is… congrats you’re a bleeping weirdo.
The people who are setting her up struck gold when they also found all this strategically placed paper work that just so happened she shouldn’t have🙀i hope they put the lotto on

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.