Lucy Letby case #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess she could have taken the picture and then showed someone it on her phone rather than sending it? If that's what she's saying she did.
Do we know if the picture was of the inside or the front of the card?
She’s not saying she did that. She just accepts it was there, bit like the fb searches. Presumably if such interaction took place, the person would vouch for her.

Reactions: 3
I'd never do it. It feels weird and invasive - maybe one from the ward, but not from me. Especially since Mum says she didn't have much to do with LL.

Anyone I sent that card to check over would also think I had a screw loose.
Did she actually send it to their house? I mean that would be weird.

Reactions: 1
I felt really sad for her parents in the write up, possibly yesterday's? When her mum said she was really happy that LL was coming home for Christmas. Not sure what the significance of it was, but it really made me feel for her and what she must be going through at the moment.
Also, the texts she was sending seemed so normal and warm, it's hard to link that with someone who could do these crimes, just doesn't fit together in my head.

Reactions: 8
I felt really sad for her parents in the write up, possibly yesterday's? When her mum said she was really happy that LL was coming home for Christmas. Not sure what the significance of it was, but it really made me feel for her and what she must be going through at the moment.
Also, the texts she was sending seemed so normal and warm, it's hard to link that with someone who could do these crimes, just doesn't fit together in my head.
She just sounds so dull and unremarkable with her Corrie and her Strictly and Salsa classes and yet what she’s on trial for is so heinous . The amount of texting she does about work is crazy

Reactions: 18
There’s a good chance the drains could have been tampered with in H but very difficult to lay that down as you’re talking mm of movement in a baby of that size which would be impossible even on X-ray to prove.

just caught up with todays live reporting and I feel sick. She is just an evil evil woman. What is good about reflecting on this case is that I was so resilient and was only ‘suddenly’ unwell when LL was around and mum had left. Equally it ties in other suspected behaviour such as the overfeeding or air into the stomach theories we’ve seen before but some may have had reservations over. As she’s almost blatantly guilty here, then I hope it makes previous behaviour easier to understand in context. Also notable that mum remembered stuff with baby G having multiple poorly episodes. Feel so sick that this baby was so well until LL was trusted to care for her.
I feel for the families, the jury today and the staff members realising more as things go along. Throw away the key now. Sleep tight little I.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
There’s a good chance the drains could have been tampered with in H but very difficult to lay that down as you’re talking mm of movement in a baby of that size which would be impossible even on X-ray to prove.

just caught up with todays live reporting and I feel sick. She is just an evil evil woman. What is good about reflecting on this case is that I was so resilient and was only ‘suddenly’ unwell when LL was around and mum had left. Equally it ties in other suspected behaviour such as the overfeeding or air into the stomach theories we’ve seen before but some may have had reservations over. As she’s almost blatantly guilty here, then I hope it makes previous behaviour easier to understand in context. Also notable that mum remembered stuff with baby G having multiple poorly episodes. Feel so sick that this baby was so well until LL was trusted to care for her.
I feel for the families, the jury today and the staff members realising more as things go along. Throw away the key now. Sleep tight little I.
great post, what do you mean by ‘the mum remembered stuff with baby G’? don’t think I have saw that anywhere x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
great post, what do you mean by ‘the mum remembered stuff with baby G’? don’t think I have saw that anywhere x
5F84A9F2-1FA7-4889-A236-36F73EBB812D.jpeg

2AA39FE4-57F6-45A0-B4F6-C6620DD452F4.jpeg

Thank you xx
These stood out to me - first time other babies have really been discussed in context with the baby in question.

Reactions: 9
View attachment 1910371
View attachment 1910372
Thank you xx
These stood out to me - first time other babies have really been discussed in context with the baby in question.
Thanks, I missed that. I think baby I’s mother was very aware of something not being quite right, I feel awful thinking of this poor mother. All of their families in fact. Either way something has gone majorly wrong.

not sure what to make of the ‘reserved’ comment

Reactions: 11
One thing this trial (and some personal experiences the last 2-3 years) has solidified for me is that you cannot trust medical professionals absolutely. If you think something is wrong, chances are, there is something wrong.

All the failings of this unit does not take away from the fact I believe Letby murdered these babies BUT it infuriates me beyond belief to hear about nurses coming in sick and medical staff not washing their hands. It's just lazy and careless.

Reactions: 29
One thing this trial (and some personal experiences the last 2-3 years) has solidified for me is that you cannot trust medical professionals absolutely. If you think something is wrong, chances are, there is something wrong.

All the failings of this unit does not take away from the fact I believe Letby murdered these babies BUT it infuriates me beyond belief to hear about nurses coming in sick and medical staff not washing their hands. It's just lazy and careless.
I agree with you but coming in sick I can relate to, you're made to feel like an absolute criminal for ringing in sick with a cold when a unit is short staffed. Somewhere like this when there are vulnerable patients you'd think would have some sort of rotation or office based role if you have anything the babies could pick up. Unfortunately your sickness record would escalate too regardless of the reason for being off, so for some staff they feel they have no choice.

Reactions: 27
Fellas! I haven’t read any of the live reporting since it started last week. I was behind on the wiki, I kept putting it off because that last week before they adjourned for Christmas was so messy I had been putting it off. But I’ve finally finished December and now I can start on last week and get it up to date.

I wish Chester Standard were doing live reporting daily still. It was so much easier than trying to piece together daily round up and usually Dan’s Twitter. The daily round up misses a lot.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
The abysmal failings in the unit for whatever reason was a perfect smokescreen for Letby.
I think she really thought she would get away with this.

Reactions: 16
Just as an observation, if you thought Lucy Letby was guilty the whole way through until now, that’s completely normal!

I’ve spent much of my life covering court cases and barristers are there because they are very good at putting together convincing arguments. It’s very natural to be swayed by both the prosecution and the defence. I wouldn’t pay too much attention until the summing up when you can look back over things more clearly.

Reactions: 15
I feel so annoyed for Baby H’s parents. The highly unusual nature of the incidents more than indicate to me that there was foul play, yet how can it be proved? With great difficulty.
It just drives home the fact that these babies are so very vulnerable.
If baby H was more premature I don’t think she’d be here. It’s a miracle she survived unscathed.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I briefly heard something about this on the news the other day - https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/national/23273556.nhs-trust-appear-court-death-baby-23-minutes-birth/

I found it interesting as I have often wondered why there wasn’t a charge of medical negligence etc but I think from what I have taken from the above is that they really must be sure that these babies deaths/declines couldn’t be medically explained even by malpractice otherwise the above would be happening here. I think there might be a further court case after this one for the hospital for other deaths but I don’t know, this story just sort of jumped out at me to emphasise how many charges there are here, and how sure they must have been to go down this route 😬

Reactions: 7
I briefly heard something about this on the news the other day - https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/national/23273556.nhs-trust-appear-court-death-baby-23-minutes-birth/

I found it interesting as I have often wondered why there wasn’t a charge of medical negligence etc but I think from what I have taken from the above is that they really must be sure that these babies deaths/declines couldn’t be medically explained even by malpractice otherwise the above would be happening here. I think there might be a further court case after this one for the hospital for other deaths but I don’t know, this story just sort of jumped out at me to emphasise how many charges there are here, and how sure they must have been to go down this route 😬
I'd imagine if she's NG there'll be a lot of push for medical negligence claims.

Reactions: 4

Do you mean medical negligence charges against Letby or the hospital? I don’t think there will be any against Letby because the point is that she intended to harm (I killed them on purpose). I don’t think by definition they could then be seen as negligence or she would already be using it as a defence against the more serious charge of multiple murders I would have thought. Although she doesn’t know what an air embolism is apparently 🤪
As for the hospital, I personally don’t think there will be negligence claims around these cases because there were two independent reviews and a huge police investigation already that presumably would have decided if it were negligence on the hospitals part before now. I could be wrong! Whether they will face official consequences of some sort for not stopping her sooner though will be interesting. It will be interesting to hear from the management side of things, those that felt a move to day shifts were appropriate 😵💫
I mean I frequently drive past the derelict hospital BA killed in so who knows what knock ons there will be after this. Did they already redesign the unit etc? I wish they’d knock the Grantham hospital down it’s creepy AF. They’d be much better off creating a memorial garden for her victims, I think a lot of the survivors and families still live in the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Do you mean medical negligence charges against Letby or the hospital? I don’t think there will be any against Letby because the point is that she intended to harm (I killed them on purpose). I don’t think by definition they could then be seen as negligence or she would already be using it as a defence against the more serious charge of multiple murders I would have thought. Although she doesn’t know what an air embolism is apparently 🤪
As for the hospital, I personally don’t think there will be negligence claims around these cases because there were two independent reviews and a huge police investigation already that presumably would have decided if it were negligence on the hospitals part before now. I could be wrong! Whether they will face official consequences of some sort for not stopping her sooner though will be interesting. It will be interesting to hear from the management side of things, those that felt a move to day shifts were appropriate 😵💫
I mean I frequently drive past the derelict hospital BA killed in so who knows what knock ons there will be after this. Did they already redesign the unit etc? I wish they’d knock the Grantham hospital down it’s creepy AF. They’d be much better off creating a memorial garden for her victims, I think a lot of the survivors and families still live in the area.
I meant for the hospital not her. I reckon there may be some if she is found not guilty however I am not sure how the law works, as you say, they’ve been confident this was foul play so even if she was found NG, I’m not sure they can then try do medical Negligence.

It was more around the other failings of the unit that were in that report. I wonder if something criminal against the trust will come after this court case is done. Just musing really.

I think my point was that they must be extremely confident it was indeed foul play and not accidents caused by malpractice…to be fair it’s not really a point because if they weren’t clear on that, we wouldn’t be having this trial at all 🤣

Edited to add - I’ve wondered why they did put both charges on the table considering some of these deaths/attempts the defence are arguing as suboptimal care. As I said previously, she was present for the majority of collapses & the deaths so if it wasn’t murder & was indeed suboptimal care as the defence argue then surely that’s still her fault too?

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I meant for the hospital not her. I reckon there may be some if she is found not guilty however I am not sure how the law works, as you say, they’ve been confident this was foul play so even if she was found NG, I’m not sure they can then try do medical Negligence.

It was more around the other failings of the unit that were in that report. I wonder if something criminal against the trust will come after this court case is done. Just musing really.

I think my point was that they must be extremely confident it was indeed foul play and not accidents caused by malpractice…to be fair it’s not really a point because if they weren’t clear on that, we wouldn’t be having this trial at all 🤣

Edited to add - I’ve wondered why they did put both charges on the table considering some of these deaths/attempts the defence are arguing as suboptimal care. As I said previously, she was present for the majority of collapses & the deaths so if it wasn’t murder & was indeed suboptimal care as the defence argue then surely that’s still her fault too?
The process and threshold for negligence is so different, and parents may not have known the extent of the failings until this trial. I hope they can bring a claim for negligence, they deserve any penny they can get.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.