Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

crumpets2

I know I'm just someone on tattle and its opening arguements so it doesn't matter what I think but the prosecution just ain't selling this to me. I may be being unconsciously bias as my initial hunch has always been scapegoat but I'm just not at all convinced.
For me, before the trial started I initially thought scapegoat as it’s clearly a failing trust plus the whistle blowing rumours. But this would involve some massive tampering with documentation, rotas etc to set her up. Then it started and I thought no way, she has to be guilty but I’m still not convinced either way. Some of the evidence so far has pointed to her being guilty, others suggests wrong place wrong time. However, it is only day 3 today theres months left yet!

Reactions: 2

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I thought this was just the opening and they are yet to even go into full details of the evidence? Maybe I’m wrong
you’re right, it’s still the prosecution’s opening statement. i know people naturally will discuss, but it’s too early to talk about evidence - it will be vague with way more details to come later.

veevee04

VIP Member
But I assume she kept it for a period of
Months or years? The deaths ended in 2016 & she was arrested in 2018. Keeping it that length of time is odd surely?
Well I've got paperwork I haven't thrown away from ages ago stuffed away in places, If she kept all the individual handover sheets of babies she had attempted to murder/murdered that would be very suspicious if it's just child B or loads of handover sheets then less so. Does the handover sheets have all the patients on ?The prosecution will need to elaborate on that.

e.l.lofthouse

VIP Member
The parents declined to have one.
The baby was high risk for NEC which can be fatal in premature babies, the trauma of a premature birth is enough, let alone adding to that you have two babies on the unit who are premature and will be paitents for a long time due to their gestation, they may of declined so they were not adding to their trauma and grief.
Sorry but them declining is irrelevant to my point, I just mean that the fact there wasn't one means that the doctors point doesn't make sense or bold basis. Because the doctor cannot say for sure what caused it without one.

e.l.lofthouse

VIP Member
This is confusing me. Operation Hummingbird has cost millions and this job advert makes me wonder if theres more to come out. I did wonder if she was part of a 'cult' or 'ring' with other nurses worldwide but that might sound a bit far fetched and I'm overthinking this job advert.
If she's guilty, it'd a case of a murderous nurse. Not a cult I doubt.

e.l.lofthouse

VIP Member
It's beyond normal to travel towards an alarm sounding, especially if you know the allocated nurse is on a break.
Just like when you hear the crash alarm go, if you're not doing anything you run towards it to assist.
So she could bave just been doing the right thing? Maybe.

Milktray

VIP Member
It is hard to judge, because we are only basing our opinion on the first 2 hours of the opening speech. In my view, nothing appears coincidental up to now.

If she's guilty, it'd a case of a murderous nurse. Not a cult I doubt.
Of course if she is guilty, then she would be a 'murderous nurse'. But that doesn't take away from the motive and if others are committing similar crimes *worldwide* (if this occured so many times before it has been highlighted then how many other medical professionals are committing 'one offs' on the chance of never getting caught).

Lucymyers

VIP Member
Granada live from court, reporting she was attending to these poor babies when she wasn’t assigned to them! That is crucial to the prosecution, she wasn’t supposed to be looking after them, in the room with them, ever! But every time she was, they got sick or died 💔
But if they were short staffed?

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Yeah it's the mottled skin/rashes for me... if it is an unusual occurrence, what did they think it was? Numerous times?
had it been explained what caused these? If she’s used air, milk and insulin. What is the common thing that’s caused the skin mottling

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
I always wonder as a defense lawyer, if they know they've done the crime, or at least believe they have. I don't know how you can give your best argument knowing their lying.
I totally understand defending people who have plead guilty as everyone deserves a fair trial but to try and get "someone off" who your pretty sure has committed the crime must be so hard to go against all your instincts!
I remember on Emmerdale (I know its not real lol) and Charity admitted her guilt to her solicitor so they had to stop representing her.

stardust1

VIP Member
I just read a baby died at a different hospital after being transferred there. the case was dropped for that one as it might have jeopardised the case against the others

Reactions: 1

stardust1

VIP Member
Hmmm if I wanted to throw out there some wild card theories, then maybe Lucy did whistleblow and nobody listened to her. And this was revenge or a way to get people to pay attention. Maybe she thought the hospital bosses would get the blame.

or maybe I’ve watched too many episodes of criminal minds 🤣
wanted the bosses to get the blame🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha

MrsJones83

VIP Member
Ah okay forgot I'd asked that. So can't the hospital/ police not say there should be one if it aids the investigation?
I’m guessing at the time it was thought to be natural causes, no reason to push for it.

The investigation started after. And I’m guessing by then that the parents would have been free to have the child cremated.

candyland_

VIP Member
I agree it appears she seemed to always be getting involved, or was the unit failing and she was just always there recognising deterioration?
It seems unlikely that she would be there for every case while others were there on no more than 7 occasions.

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
The only other hospital she worked, did placements at was Liverpool's womens and they haven't found anything untoward there.
Oh ok fair enough. I'd love to know why they want someone on the team for the next 3 years. Asides from the obvious tragedies this is such an interesting case.

Aberscot

Chatty Member
I think it might be a few more days before we here from the defence, given only on baby G.
Is her defence going to be she was very unlucky and just happened to be on shift and at there cots when they were all murdered or attempted murder.