Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Is it that she is an extreme premature who had long-term inotrope and vent dependency and now she is older and doing more for herself...it just takes a little...something to tip her over."

I find this is an odd diagnosis for any clinical or medical profession to just assume a premature baby on support is going to just tip over when unsupported. Surely you'd assume that getting to be older and doing more for herself means she's getting healthier and a fighter and so less likely to just randomly be tipped over by something.

It really bothers me that a neo natal professional has just gotten to the point of assuming prematurity or being a tiny baby equals death. She said this about the tiny 800lb baby (C) too, that their death was because they were so premature. Along with the comments on fate, seems more a religious type stance than one that is scientific or clinical. Interestingly the defence BM is going with as well.
It's beyond weird, she's giving these babies no credit at all. So odd for a person working in that profession to be so dismissive of them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Alisa Simpson later messages Lucy Letby to say: "Hi Lucy. Just to let you know that [Child G] has successfully been transferred out at 3am athis morning to APH. She is stable and latest CBG [capilliary blood gas] has improved! Fingers crossed for her!"

Letby responds: "That is good news. Thanks for letting me know"

Try not to be too happy LL 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Alisa Simpson later messages Lucy Letby to say: "Hi Lucy. Just to let you know that [Child G] has successfully been transferred out at 3am athis morning to APH. She is stable and latest CBG [capilliary blood gas] has improved! Fingers crossed for her!"

Letby responds: "That is good news. Thanks for letting me know"

Try not to be too happy LL 🙄
Ya see Alisa has the right attitude of someone working with these babies. Letby was too young to be that negative about their outlooks.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She sounds thrilled doesn’t she. People downplay these texts so much, but honestly when you read between the lines they just aren’t normal.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Keen to hear from other neonatal nurses on here : do you text loads outside of work about loads of babies?

Reactions: 3
Ok so the next night it says:
42C8CABB-F785-4300-B737-85C938835F28.jpeg

If LL had seen G does that mean she came in and saw her while she was off duty? As the texts to 2 colleagues suggest that LL was off that next night, and why one of them txt her to let her know that G was successfully transferred. So if LL was off duty the next night it would be bizarre that she’d seen G? Unless she was on that shift thats more like just an evening shift rather than full night. Hope the reporting becomes clearer, reporting on Twitter seems to have stopped, for the minute anyway

Also agree with other posters the texting is definitely off, she never seems enthusiastic or happy that these babies have started improving. She is so manipulative and devious in some of these texts, looks like she’s fishing rather than genuine concern for these babies. And manipulating them by trying to make it seem as if what has happened is an innocent explanation, setting the scene for when she goes after them again the next time. The tone of her messages compared to the others is just totally different too

ETA: The mothers statement 💔. Also just to point out look at how she gave birth at the other hospital, I think it shows that things can go wrong/not always the best care in any hospital not just COCH

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I’m confused. So there was another nurse (not lucy) who gave the baby double feeds and made him vomit??

The other nurse aspirated Baby G’s stomach, minimal aspirate obtained, then gave her a 45ml ng. When the baby vomited 45mls of milk was aspirated but there was a large vomit so the baby must have received more than 45mls. It’s being suggested that LL introduced more milk and air after the designated nurse gave the 2am feed. Further episodes occurred when she was transferred to LL’s care.
I honestly can’t see how a baby who had survived for 100 days, now weighed over 4lbs and was being given alternating bottle feeds could suddenly deteriorate in this way. The coordination, self regulation of breathing and energy need to bottle feed is very significant.
After these ‘incidents’ she returned to AP, improved, then was transferred back to CoC and deteriorated in such a drastic way when LL was again ‘caring’ for her.

Let’s hope Ben doesn’t go down the road of “very premature baby so brain damage expected etc”
She was 100 days old at the point of the attacks so had reached 34 weeks and weighed over 4lbs.
She had been at CoC for a few weeks without incident.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Quadriplegic cerebral palsy… how awful for her 😢 the visual impairment is quite common in 23/24 weekers as their eyes become damaged as they’re exposed to air too early, but the cerebral palsy is just awful and is definitely the result of her brain damage. Poor baby and poor parents.
She will require care for the rest of her life.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
The other nurse aspirated Baby G’s stomach, minimal aspirate obtained, then gave her a 45ml ng. When the baby vomited 45mls of milk was aspirated but there was a large vomit so the baby must have received more than 45mls. It’s being suggested that LL introduced more milk and air after the designated nurse gave the 2am feed. Further episodes occurred when she was transferred to LL’s care.
I honestly can’t see how a baby who had survived for 100 days, now weighed over 4lbs and was being given alternating bottle feeds could suddenly deteriorate in this way. The coordination, self regulation of breathing and energy need to bottle feed is very significant.
She then returned to AP, improved but deteriorated in such a drastic way when LL was again ‘caring’ for her.
It’s also just said child G was moved back to arrow park and was doing well again so was sent to Chester and again become bad not long after . So sad

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Chills reading this

C235C018-08FC-461B-B45C-197294BBCA08.jpeg

That woman is so evil, how could she do this. I just cannot get my head round why someone could even want to do this to a wee baby that has fought so hard against all the odds, and the parents that very day thinking she was finally out of danger🤯

3BC02E37-BF8F-4DE6-80BB-6B71DD4E8421.jpeg

It’s also just said child G was moved back to arrow park and was doing well again so was sent to Chester and again become bad not long after . So sad
She almost escaped from LL. There’s so many parents that must be wishing they’d got transferred/not been anywhere near COCH as most of them seemed to have been there by chance or shouldn’t have actually been there😩. Also think the mums labour story is important as it highlights that things can go wrong/lack of care sometimes at all hospitals, not just COCH

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I can’t believe they told the mum her daughter would “just be a little clumsy” like it’s no big deal. Absolute disgrace.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Little bit of extra detail in that text from LL saying what could be wrong with G:

5CBA6370-3798-48FD-8237-0CC1E6E879DE.jpeg

And this about the mum coming back early🤔 but doesn’t mention which nurse specifically there

8BA333D4-573C-4A8B-A030-DA49547CF1A5.png

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
so Baby G was fine and doing brilliant so was allowed to go to Chester . Around three weeks at Chester she was doing amazing and they lucy was on days at this point . Then lucy did I think two night shifts and things started going bad for baby G

im sorry but for a baby to be doing so well from birth for 100 days to suddenly go downhill in Lucy’s care it’s so obvious now that she’s hurt these babies .

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 19
I can’t believe they told the mum her daughter would “just be a little clumsy” like it’s no big deal. Absolute disgrace.
I think they didn’t know the extent til they did further tests, especially as they didn’t realise at first what had caused these “events”, once they did the scans and more investigations they realised how severe it was, at least that’s how it looks on the update from Mersey hack above

• Sad
Reactions: 5
He does indeed unfortunately go down the route of the baby being so premature, I read briefly what he said in opening about it this morning 😩

View attachment 1774184
[/QUOTE]

That’s total BS, IMO. She was 100 days old and 4lbs!
Regardless of how premature she was at birth she had been tolerating 45mls of milk by bottle.
Being premature 100 days before does not make you suddenly and inexplicably start throwing up more feed than you have been given and have 100mls of air in your stomach.
I’m calling total BS on that defence.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
The baby showed no signs of brain damage before being moved to Chester. That’s just awful for those parents. There’s always a risk with prem babies that they might end up with brain damage or learning difficulties, but for her to be doing fine until going to Chester just shows how evil LL really is.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
so Baby G was fine and doing brilliant so was allowed to go to Chester . Around three weeks at Chester she was doing amazing and they lucy was on days at this point . Then lucy did I think two night shifts and things started going bad for baby G

im sorry but for a baby to be doing so well from birth for 100 days to suddenly go downhill in Lucy’s care it’s so obvious now that she’s hurt these babies .
Surely at this stage there is absolutely no way it can be just another coincidence

He does indeed unfortunately go down the route of the baby being so premature, I read briefly what he said in opening about it this morning 😩

View attachment 1774184
That’s total BS, IMO. She was 100 days old and 4lbs!
Regardless of how premature she was at birth she had been tolerating 45mls of milk by bottle.
Being premature 100 days before does not make you suddenly and inexplicably start throwing up more feed than you have been given and have 100mls of air in your stomach.
I’m calling total BS on that defence.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly it’s really annoying me that some people are just writing these babies off due to them being premature. They were little fighters (especially c and g from the sounds of it) and doing well until LL came on the scene 😤

Reactions: 11
Surely at this stage there is absolutely no way it can be just another coincidence
No I think we are past coincidence now . How can the baby be under the care of staff in Chester for nearly a month doing well after being discharged from arrow park to then suddenly take a turn when Lucy is watching them . She didn’t see baby G at all prior to that . Then baby G goes back to arrow park does well again for some time and goes back to Chester into Lucy care then collapses again

she’s pure evil . Poor parents

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It's another tough one because this is less clear-cut than the insulin. More milk came out than went in, so clearly SOMETHING happened, but I don't know how you can refute the possibility that the previous nurse just overfed. All we really know for sure is that the baby kept having issues when Lucy was around, which is quite vague.

I believe she's guilty of F and some of the others, and every new 'bizarre coincidence' that pops up strengthens that opinion, but I don't know if I could reasonably vote guilty on G in particular.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.