Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's an evil piece of tit. No one on this earth is that unlucky, she deliberately harmed these babies because she herself is lacking what it is that makes us human, empathy. A bored twisted freak.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
My god, I've managed to stay relatively emotionally detached from the evidence so far but this has really shaken me. It is absolutely beyond comprehension that any human being is capable of this. I've had to sit down and get myself together :cry: I can't believe this is real.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
First time I’ve ever seen this case referenced on the news (tv wise) but it’s just been on the main ITV news. It’s nearly broken me a few times but the talk about baby Gs condition now made me cry for the first time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I've struggled today too. It's harrowing.

My son was in SCBU but he was lucky, we couldn't fault the wonderful team who cared for him. It was 12 years ago but I'll always remember one particular Dr who did any tests or what he needed to do and before he left he'd always tap my lad on the head. Such a kind and caring gesture.

Every baby deserves this.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
First time I’ve ever seen this case referenced on the news (tv wise) but it’s just been on the main ITV news. It’s nearly broken me a few times but the talk about baby Gs condition now made me cry for the first time.
I knew baby G would be distressing, as with baby I, that's not taking anything away from the other babies,, it's just so sad that both of them just couldn't escape her, no matter how much they fought. Just when you hear from the parents, it cuts so much deeper💔💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Do you think there is something in LL causing harm to raise the level of nursing care. Seems like she often will become the named nurse after significant event due to her experience : often back into room 1. This could then serve the purpose of a God like / saviour complex.

Reactions: 11
It doesn’t shock me that there is a person (her) this evil and callous. I’ve read about so many crimes and watched so many docus - human beings can be this cruel. She is another to the list sadly.
My heart is aching for all these parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Do you think there is something in LL causing harm to raise the level of nursing care. Seems like she often will become the named nurse after significant event due to her experience : often back into room 1. This could then serve the purpose of a God like / saviour complex.
I also wonder if room 1 was the more secluded than the other rooms?

Reactions: 5
Why is the 100 day thing relevant? There’s no other mention of certain milestones correlating with attacks,

she attempted to murder the baby twice on the 114th day of life, a completely insignificant number and given the prosecution are basing there case around circumstance and patterns, the 114th day fits alot better than the 100th because in this case we see multiple attacks happen in quick succession of each other a number of times in this case and by that I mean we’ve got 16 charges (I think) that happen within a day of another charge, and we’ve got I think 8 charges that actually happen on the same day as another charge. Which is really interesting actually and for that reason my opinion is that the 114th day is much more relevant because it actually fits the pattern that the prosecution said would start to emerge

Reactions: 3
From Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ied-murder-baby-celebration-banner-court-told

"The father said he asked doctors if there was a virus on the ward because another baby girl – known as Child I – in the same room had fallen ill in the same period. Child I is one of seven babies allegedly murdered by Letby between June 2015 and June 2016.

Child G’s father told officers: “The consultant assured me there wasn’t a virus and nothing was wrong with the ward.”

Child I was also premature and the pros said she too showed signs of being overfed and air embolus shortly after she arrived at Chester. Despite being a well baby until that point. LL was designated nurse when it happened on 30th Sept. Child I died :(

So even the dad noticed another baby on the unit got ill under odd circumstances, to the point he had to comment on it at the time. Wonder if this was the point the consultants started getting suspicious because a parent had flagged it for I, and then for K, the consultants were full on suspecting her.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
For me the 100 day celebration is relevant because is shows how far the baby had came and how well she was doing. It was a special day and Letby tried to destroy it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

She said herself she was bored and ‘wanted out of room 3’.
I think it was part of her motivation, she liked the excitement and attention she received in the middle of, an often quiet, night. Then all the texts after.
She was then able to show what a ‘great’ nurse she was by being the one ‘capable’ of looking after the babies when they had deteriorated. I’m assuming Baby G’s original designated nurse was less experienced.
I wonder if LL comes across as arrogant?
I do think she enjoyed other’s misery and lacked real empathy.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
She said herself she was bored and ‘wanted out of room 3’.
I think it was part of her motivation, she liked the excitement and attention she received in the middle of, an often quiet, night. Then all the texts after.
She was then able to show what a ‘great’ nurse she was by being the one ‘capable’ of looking after the baby when they had deteriorated. I’m assuming Baby G’s original designated nurse was less experienced. I wonder if she came across as arrogant?
I do think she enjoyed other’s misery and lacked real empathy.
Ya, it's really shocking to me that all these horrible deaths and incidents were happening pretty much every month and then by child J she was telling colleagues working in such nurseries was not "sufficiently stimulating" for her. (from the wiki about child J).

At that point even her colleagues must have questioned her mental state right? How can a succession of sudden deaths and incidents and drama every month not be stimulating...Especially hearing how hard she took it in July after D with all her messages - then by J, she's bored. That's a very quick turnaround!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Why is the 100 day thing relevant? There’s no other mention of certain milestones correlating with attacks,

she attempted to murder the baby twice on the 114th day of life, a completely insignificant number and given the prosecution are basing there case around circumstance and patterns, the 114th day fits alot better than the 100th because in this case we see multiple attacks happen in quick succession of each other a number of times in this case and by that I mean we’ve got 16 charges (I think) that happen within a day of another charge, and we’ve got I think 8 charges that actually happen on the same day as another charge. Which is really interesting actually and for that reason my opinion is that the 114th day is much more relevant because it actually fits the pattern that the prosecution said would start to emerge
It’s relevant because it was an important milestone, it shows how far the baby had come and how well she was doing, before arriving at the countess. It’s important because the attack just happened to coincide with an important milestone that everyone was celebrating.

none of the other babies so far were more than a couple of weeks old at most.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
It's relevant because Baby G was born at 23 weeks.
Viability is legally classed at a baby born at 24 weeks gestation, which is also the legal abortion limit. Legally when Baby G was born the hospital didn't have to intervene and save her, but they did. She made it through 100 days, which for any baby is a massive achievement but for a baby who was born outside the "medical guidelines" is amazing.
It will always be relevant, she lived for 100 days until a monster deemed her life unworthy, and changed her whole entire future.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Pages behind but I'm at the part of reporting where it's been said the baby has level 5 quadriplegic cerebal palsy and stops breathing when she goes stiff. Not to make it about my baby but I've always moaned what a pain in the arse it is when he goes stiff and it makes it impossible to dress/change his nappy and then you have this poor little baby 💔💔💔💔💔. Also although an MRI can't always give a full picture of the brain until 2 and CP isn't always detected via MRI for a level 5 baby it would of been blatantly obvious on the MRI (I've only read about one MRI being normal so far). Precious little girl this one was already one of the extra upsetting ones for me but her having CP obviously hits home more. Nawwww poor little fighter baby girl ☹☹☹☹☹

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Just going to say I was never asked to leave my baby whilst they did a simple blood gas….
I wasn't asked, I was shoved out the room because my son was screaming so hard I wouldn't let them near him for his PKU and it had to be done.

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Who are they talking about here? The nurse says she hopes they are both OK - I’m assuming another baby was unwell and that the previous Thursday was horrific. Could she had seen the support another nurse was getting and wanted it back on her?

E7EA37A5-9400-4831-847F-2E3791275A88.jpeg
4C4B5BD6-AAC5-49BC-BBFE-714F6B06A6B8.jpeg

Her guessing who was talking about her is beyond odd.

A31101A6-F4B7-427F-B74D-D2440522B3CA.jpeg

Not one bit of sympathy towards the nurse who said she was having a hard time and not sleeping. It sounds like the nice group are falling apart and the bitching and gossiping is setting in.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.