Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aberscot

Chatty Member
To be fair it must be so hard to be a juror in this case, imagine they have spent a nice weekend getting ready for Christmas, maybe have kids or grandchildren then have to come back in on Monday and have to listen to the horrific details.
These children in this case would have been about 7 and been looking forward to Christmas too 💔💔💔
But someone denied them and their parents that ……

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Absolutely, it just feels the last few days have slipped back into ‘she’s absolutely guilty and if you can’t see that there’s something wrong with you’ territory 🙄
In fairness she is accused of murdering babies and it's looking pretty damning at the moment for the majority of peopl and I appreciate some people don't see it that way BUT I think people have a right to be angry at her.

I also do find the need to invent defences for her (that her defence team aren't even offering up) tedious and tiring at times myself.

• Heart
In addition you’d also check the positioning of the NG. For those without experience of this you remove a small amount of stomach contents and check the acidity. For G, having been fed 45ml of milk minutes before, would clearly show completely undigested milk in babies stomach. At this point you’d realise baby was already fed. There is no accidental over feeding.
100%, this wouldn’t be ‘a mistake’ it would be deliberate harm. Just like the insulin. There is room for mistakes if it is a subcutaneous injection but again deliberate and no accident as the scientific evidence is there…..it was given over a prolonged period of time, it had to be in the TPN. This case is going down in history. I believe the media interest will soon become overwhelming. 👍

• Heart

od12839

I'm trying not to put too much stock in little bits of fluff we're hearing, but when I read back the earlier texts where she's apparently utterly devastated about the deaths, and then I read more recent accounts where she's just saying "yeah bit rubbish innit x", barely reacting in court and alleging she can barely remember the kids I just think god....what happened. Was it all an act? Was it real and she's just worn out from the whole experience? It's either extremely sinister or extremely sad.

OldBlondie

VIP Member
The baby showed no signs of brain damage before being moved to Chester. That’s just awful for those parents. There’s always a risk with prem babies that they might end up with brain damage or learning difficulties, but for her to be doing fine until going to Chester just shows how evil LL really is.
She makes me so sick, at what point does this have to get to before it stops being more awfully unlucky coincidences, and is infact the glaringly obvious evil LL each and every time, playing her sick twisted evil games with these babies’ lives and their parent’s misery. It’s so awful to comprehend to true evilness of what’s gone on

No I think we are past coincidence now
Exactly it cannot be just another unfortunate coincidence for worlds unluckiest nurse LL

• Sad
  • Heart

candyland_

VIP Member
Another example of her removing herself from the picture and passing the blame?
She’s also obsessed with being more qualified isn’t she? We’ve heard this from her a handful of times now.

41F63557-7793-43AF-94D7-717D17ADAFDD.jpeg

• Sick

avabella

VIP Member
They obviously weren’t sure then, and they put it down as accidental and moved on. They arn’t detectives seeking out a poisoner. They are medical staff there to do the job of treating patients, which they did baby F survived. It’s only after the internal and external investigation happened and in hindsight that they became sure. I don’t know how much clearer that point can be made.
Well that's why @slingo16 is interested in this point - if it was deemed 'accidental' at the time and they were willing to let it slide, how can we be assured of its absolute urgency now? Why did it not have the same urgency then if the insulin/c-peptide readings are such an absolute anomaly - even if it wasn't foul play suspected, surely readings of this level (of how rare they are we are being led to believe), would have warranted much further research?

DianaBanana

Chatty Member
I don’t think it has anything to do with them trying to prove a motive at all. I think they are just trying to highlight, that even though she was very premature, she had still defied the odds and reached this significant milestone. The defence are going to try and blame the collapses/decline on the prematurity, so the prosecution are using this milestone to counter that.

• Heart

tay65

Chatty Member
and here we go again with her wanting to know who had informed the colleagues about what had happened.
I wondered when I read that if she was starting to get a bit paranoid that people were talking about her and becoming suspicious.

slingo16

Chatty Member
The hospital didn’t take it any further as the baby had made a fully recovery.
I do remember that being given as a reason but it is piss poor, and I refuse to accept that. “Somebody tried to kill this baby, not to worry though cos he’s alright now” ridiculous reasoning

• Heart

Aberscot

Chatty Member
So Baby F has definitely been given insulin Deliberately as nobody seems to be arguing that not to be the case.
So if it’s not Lucy it’s someone else on the ward, another nurse or dr as presume they only had keys to the locked fridge.
And if it’s been put in the bag as suggested it has to be a deliberate act of trying to harm baby and not accidenFal.
So is Lucy just very unlucky to be on the ward at the same time as this happened or is this another coincidence along with all the others we have see so far ……..

• Heart

Rippedjeanmaybe

VIP Member
on one of the podcasts they said she’s just sitting there and showing no emotion. I just don’t know how you could sit there and not show any emotion at all if you were innocent.

• Sad

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I think there is truth in that because my full term baby seemed the only one to be able to actually scream cry like a newborn. Every other baby in the same room were really tiny prem babies and you never heard them. Mine was on fluids etc and we used to have to set alarms to feed him so I’m not convinced they scream in hunger.
They do scream in hunger.
My twin was 33 weeks gestation when she was made NBM she weighed 2lb and she screamed the whole first day she was NBM eventually they let her root for my breast and she settled. So they absolutely can scream with hunger.
By the time she was 35 weeks gestation I could set my watch by her that as soon as I walked on the unit at 9am she would be in her inc rooting and crying.

That doesn't mean to say I believe it applies here. I categorically think she's guilty. But preemies can scream with hunger. I wouldn't expect a 26weeker too, but 31/32 weeks can and will scream

• Sad
  • Heart
no I wasn’t saying it to you just my opinion to what you’d implied. As I dnot care what she says because I think shes done it and caused such upset to family and friends. I don’t care about her or
Her woes
Ah I understand, I can’t even comprehend this case, didn’t want anyone thinking, I thought that gave her justification.

Im that person that spends 45 minutes gently encouraging a spider out of the shower before I get in to cause no harm, in the cold, naked and now running late 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

crumpets2

Awful, awful reading. Just heartbreaking. The texts seem a bit off to me does anyone else get that vibe? Almost like her colleague was fed up with her, a bit blunt? And once again, no sympathy towards her colleagues (unless not shown)

candyland_

VIP Member
I don’t get why she was on her phone so much at work. Surely she had better things to do other than scroll through her phone. Hardly professional.
She ‘wasn’t sufficiently stimulated’ at work so had lots of free time on her hands.

Makes me wonder how stimulating she finds being locked up.

Last edited:
  • Haha

friedeggontoast

Chatty Member
I feel like we’re never going to get all the full facts and details throughout this case, things might get clearer as we go but other than those in court, no one will know the full facts.

ETA: I’m not saying it’s not worthwhile to discuss anyway but what we are seeing isn’t the full story

• Heart

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
But then it doesn’t make sense as to why nothing was done at the time, it seems a really obvious conclusion to reach after the test. As I’ve said to another poster. This has to have been explained one way or another at the time
They initiated a review to see if any other baby was prescribed insulin at that time (they weren’t) incase insulin was administered to the wrong baby. Maybe they concluded it was an unexplained anomaly.
Why was it not taken further? I’m sure that will have to be answered, amongst other things, in an enquiry.
Whatever the reason, it has no relevance to the fact Baby F was poisoned by artificial insulin.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Treesy19

VIP Member
Oh look, Child G doing pretty damn well until day 100 when Lucy Letby had contact. So unlucky, another freak coincidence again Lucy

• Sad

Treesy19

VIP Member
It’s one piece of evidence from the prosecution. Apparently there was lots of notes found so I’m interested if the defence bring those into play.
I am too, and I admit I’m dying to know what else they found in her house or on her phone.