Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

candyland_

VIP Member
Honestly it wasn't a dig just my opinion. Most people who have that big an age gap now have more than one child, as in they have that age gap with their 3rd or 4th, not their 1st.

It would be uncommon 30 plus years ago to wait until your 40's to have your first child. Completely different to now when it would be quite common.
I didn’t see it as a dig.. I was just sharing my opinion.

We’re used to parents being so much younger these days.

but it’s not in isolation. There’s 22 charges. The point is she’s done something to these babies to cause harm to them. Any prem baby is at high risk of infection and inflammatory markers can be raised due to stress or being touched etc. The pattern of harm js there aside from the other bits they may have had wrong with them. Remember we aren’t seeing all the evidence either
I didn't mention inflammatory markers, and neither did the report. It specifically referred to markers of infection. Without seeing the blood work neither you nor I can say what was going on

There is no innocent mistake whereby synthetic insulin gets inside of a TPN bag.
And likewise the theory that the insulin was inside the TPN bag is like a diagnosis by exclusion - it cannot be proved without the bag or contents being retained and tested.

Actually, you did say that, and you’ve just said it again!
No, I didn't.

slingo16

Chatty Member
Well, overfeeding has met the CPS's threshold for prosecuting as a crime, or they wouldn't have charged her for (child G):

Count 7: Attempted murder (air embolus & excessive milk)
Count 8: Attempted murder (air embolus & excessive milk)
Count 9: Attempted murder (air embolus & excessive milk)

It would have just been air embolus.

The baby's milestone birthday is to discredit the defence's theory that the baby died simply because they were so premature. Also baby is the victim and the prosecution needs to talk through all the details of the day they were attacked - which just happened to include a milestone birthday.

As an e.g - With Covid, 14 days (or whatever it was) was the end of self isolation i.e you were considered much healthier and ready to return to the world at that milestone. Now if you suddenly died on day 14, Covid wouldn't automatically be considered the killer because you passed the threshold of it killing you.

The 14 days is like the 100 days. 100 days is milestone for premature babies that shows their chances of survival now are much higher.

Baby G was given a 5% chance of survival at birth - it's reasonable to think that at 100 days this was much much much higher.
It’s not air embolus it’s a bolus of air into the NG tube, no baby is surviving 3 air emboli, and this isn’t the same thing, if you had covid and were in hospital for 14 days and then died on day 14. You’d have died because of covid

slingo16

Chatty Member
I did see a second ago mrs brooks post about the 21st/114th day being the original due date. That ties it in a little better

starshine89

How do we know the 45mls aspirated back wasnt the feed, and the extra volume of vomit wasn’t from the feed beforehadn’t been digested?

when you aspirate a NG to check the ph you only need less than a ml you wouldn’t need to aspirate the entire amount of what was in the stomach so how do we know the stomach was empty before the 2am feed?

slingo16

Chatty Member
They mentioned the 100days in the opening statement.
I must have missed it, but it says to me that we’re not going to hear of any other children attacked in similar circumstances ( around a milestone) obviously unless I’ve missed it mentioned in other cases which is entirely possible

avabella

VIP Member
So the actual ‘event’ hasn’t been detailed? Is that because they don’t know, or just not got to it yet?

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
But it’s a fact that the insulin in F’s blood was synthetic, therefore it had to been given externally, that is a fact. The pharmacy has been ruled out, as have any other ways of it being delivered, that’s fact. All that leaves is the high probability that it was added to the tpn bag as way of administering it. The only bit that isn’t certain is who did it
When did they say the pharmacy had been ruled out? I must have missed that

Lucyxxxx

VIP Member
Giving evidence from behind a screen in court is what they call a “special measure” which is one of the things offered to a victim/witness which can be requested by the investigating officers/council but it’s the judge that decides whether they’ll accommodate it. This is standard practice in court nothing special for this case
Yeah I'm aware of that as most people are that's not what I was referring to when I say precedents. Why are people behind screens? Worried Lucy's gonna send the goons round to their house?

pissedandsad

Was that article not just mixed up cause originally there was 8 murder charges
The info. Was given in the Dec. 2, 2022 articl
Was that article not just mixed up cause originally there was 8 murder charges
Sorry, here is article name:
Lucy Letby: the NHS nurse on trial for murdering babies
Nurse accused of trying to kill Child G hours after making a banner to celebrate the baby’s first 100 days of life

Daisydunn15

VIP Member
But what’s the alternative? The first bag was hung on the night shift. The second bag was hung on the day shift. Unless there are two murderers, it had to be tampered with by the same person. So who worked a consecutive day and night shift? That sounds less likely than Lucy tampering with a stock bag before she left for the day.

the first bag is the most important because there was a smaller window for it to be tampered with due to it being bespoke and time between it arriving on the unit and being hung, compared to the stock bag so you can eliminate a lot of staff.
I honestly don't know, I have no theory. I do think the second bag introduces some doubt though so still an important topic.

The Lucia case didn't just fail because it was ONLY backed up by statistics but because they got her whereabouts wrong - they thought she was with the patient when she was on holiday. They got her alibi wrong. Without that massive error, they wouldn't have overturned her conviction. Also Lucia was suspected ONLY on the say so of just one doctor. They've established here that even before the doctors got suspicious, other nurses and even parents noticed odd things.

They haven't got LL's whereabouts wrong because this case is in an era of technology with an audit trail of messages, electronic key cards and a number of witnesses including parents. So actually other than being nurses, there's nothing similar between the cases.
I'm afraid I disagree, and that wasn't the reason her conviction was overturned. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

slingo16

Chatty Member
I think the 100 day thing has come up more purely because there was talk of the celebration of the baby making it to that mark, with a cake and banner. It’s just poignant and sad that on the day little baby G was meant to have a celebration, she was attacked

No one’s said it’s more significant than any other baby
Not more significant than another baby, more significant than the attack which took place later in her life when she would even more stable than at the 100 day mark, the prosecution are trying to give a reason for the 100 day attack but they can’t give one for the 114th day because there is no significance around that number

Appletiser

That’s another thing, I literally cannot do public speaking. I had to give evidence in court when I was a kid (civil not criminal trial mind) and I was literally so scared I couldn’t speak lmao, god knows how I’d cope if I was innocent and accused of committing like 10 murders 😂
Same here, I can’t even bear speaking to just introduce myself in those horrific round the room ice-breakers 🤢🤢🤢

Can anyone be bothered to give me a quick update as I’ve not been on here much since Child E?
I will look at wiki too of course but I gave up following the whole trial as it was too much x

Most of the jurors are women. 8/10 of them. Which is a large amount on one side really.
ooh where did you hear this? That’s interesting

slingo16

Chatty Member
I think you’re focusing too much on the 100th day thing. It was a piece of additional info, it wasn’t the crux of the crime
No no it’s the only thing we’ve been told as to why they think she’s responsible for the first attack. They’ve not even explained the attempt at all