Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree. This case is not plucked out of thin air based on her presence alone. Her presence is a huge factor but there is overwhelming evidence for a crime of this nature - copious amounts of air in many babies that have had interaction with the accused (that expert radiologist had never seen the likes of), deaths very sudden and unexpected (quotes from the accused to prove this), the accused having given cares before sudden collapses of babies previously stable on almost all cases, physical signs of air emboli- pink secretions, fleeting rash, strange responses to cpr, evidence of physical harm- throat multiple cases, excessive bleeding and damaged liver, causes of death unknown or sketchy at PM, large doses of insulin to patients not prescribed and not legitimately given, many witness accounts of suspicious behaviour- eg monitors not sounding, standing at bedside of babies “on the brink of death” removed breathing tubes and doing nothing, tons of background evidence that she hasn’t offered an innocent explanation to, other suspicious behaviour such as accused’s handwriting initialling for other people, collapses and deaths having strange similarities that don’t seem like chance (such as frequently happening when designated nurse was on a break), recoveries outside of her care meaning collapses are more likely sabotage than pervasive problem.. I have probably missed a few points. If you don’t find any of that compelling then sure, it could just be that she was there.
Is there a way to pin this post. I feel it needs to be wheeled out every now and then.

Don’t forget the note stating -

“I killed them on PURPOSE…..”
Yet some people say this note carries no weight whatsoever 🥴 An actual written admission. Probably the only time she’s come clean. Because she didn’t think anyone would come by it. So arrogant at not being caught. Oh but she has been caught. If innocent, she could have written, “I killed them” or “I accidentally killed them”. But no, it says on purpose.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Not sure where i implied that no, simply wondering if this person worked in healthcare, since being a scapegoat was so far fetched?!
We are talking about a nurse being used as a scapegoat, being charged with multiple murders.. that’s not far fetched to you?

Reactions: 10
I’ve said it before but that note was all about herself. There wasn’t any mention or sympathy for the babies or their parents.. Just poor Lucy and what she would be missing out on.
I’m interested in what the other notes say - they said one had her colleagues names it. Possibly her trying to guess who had put any suspicion on her like she did in the texts which were read out last week when she had multiple guesses of who had been talking about her.

Reactions: 13
To be fair though none of us are on the jury and we aren’t hearing all the evidence and we don’t know what it’s like to be in that court room. So what may seem like doubt to someone external to the case it could be completely different to someone on the jury.
In fairness though that surely goes both ways. What seems like a certain conclusion to us could be completely different to the people on the jury.

I don’t think LL is a scapegoat, but I’m not certain the prosecution are going to manage to get her convicted on everything. And while ultimately the guilt and responsibility lies with LL if G, I think the hospital have a lot of questions to answer with respect to the general conduct on the ward helping her get away with it for so long.

Reactions: 2
I’ve said it before but that note was all about herself. There wasn’t any mention or sympathy for the babies or their parents.. Just poor Lucy and what she would be missing out on.
I’m interested in what the other notes say - they said one had her colleagues names it. Possibly her trying to guess who had put any suspicion on her like she did in the texts which were read out last week when she had multiple guesses of who had been talking about her.
I read her note to my 91 yr. old mother last week & she said her guilt was as plain as the nose on your face. What innocent person claims responsibility for the purposeful, evil deaths of tiny babies - from a sense of anguish & fear, per her defense? Not me! What innocent person hates themself for being a horrible, murdering witch?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It's about her but I don't think it comes across as selfish. If you were innocent and thought you might be locked up for the rest of your life, I think you would be super focused on yourself, how you feel and what you'd be missing out on. None of us can relate to serial killers to know if they'd have the same worries. I know that if I've had a patient die, one of my first thoughts is whether it'll impact my career.

Reactions: 7
It's about her but I don't think it comes across as selfish. If you were innocent and thought you might be locked up for the rest of your life, I think you would be super focused on yourself, how you feel and what you'd be missing out on. None of us can relate to serial killers to know if they'd have the same worries. I know that if I've had a patient die, one of my first thoughts is whether it'll impact my career.
What are your other 1st thoughts? Where do I hide this syringe? Who's next? Does he/she have a twin?

Do you go home and Google the grieving family and then scribble I did this on purpose?

Your actions are your reflections of practice. Are hers? Are they really?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
What are your other 1st thoughts? Where do I hide this syringe? Who's next? Does he/she have a twin?

Do you go home and Google the grieving family and then scribble I did this on purpose?

Your actions are your reflections of practice. Are hers? Are they really?
I suppose none of us really know what was going through her head when she wrote the note, we're all speculating but that's my take on it 🤷‍♀️

For me one of the most crucial things about the note was that it was written BEFORE her first arrest. At that point she’d only been moved to admin duties. Did she know the full extent of what she was being accused of then? I know the hospital had asked the police to investigate the amount of deaths but did anyone at the hospital know they were looking at murder at that point?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
For me one of the most crucial things about the note was that it was written BEFORE her first arrest. At that point she’d only been moved to admin duties. Did she know the full extent of what she was being accused of then? I know the hospital had asked the police to investigate the amount of deaths but did anyone at the hospital know they were looking at murder at that point?
Defence opening statement said she knew at that point what she was being accused of.

Reactions: 5
Well if she did commit the murders, which I believe she did then she would have known exactly what they were about to accuse her of. She was probably expecting it for a long time, she must have known she’d get caught eventually.

For me you just wouldn’t write a note saying “i am evil I killed them on purpose” if it wasn’t true.

If I was devastated over being accused, but I knew I hadn’t done anything wrong, then I’d write something like “I hate myself, why would they think I’d do something like this, I must be an awful person”. I wouldn’t say I killed them.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Defence opening statement said she knew at that point what she was being accused of.
He said she knew ‘what was being said about her’. I’m interested to hear what that was, were people really thinking she was a murderer before she was even arrested?

Reactions: 12
He said she knew ‘what was being said about her’. I’m interested to hear what that was, were people really thinking she was a murderer before she was even arrested?
He said the note was “outpouring of a young woman when she learnt she was being accused of killing children, that she’d done her best to care for”

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My point is we don’t really know what was being said then. Was there gossip at work saying she was at fault for the deaths or was she being outright accused of murdering them? Because I don’t understand why she would ever write that. Especially before being arrested or charged with murder. I’m hoping to hear more when we get to the evidence.

Reactions: 14
I foster kids, some of them come to me a bit messed up, full of emotion and not really knowing how to convey their thoughts.

I always, always get them to smash out their feelings on paper, it's so very cathartic, helps them get their muddles in order. If you can't say it, write it down. Keep the ones that mean something and throw the ones that don't away. Read them in a few months time and see if you feel the same.

Obviously I don't read what they've wrote (unless they want me to) but I'm damn sure none of them have written that they are a murderer.

I absolutely cannot just disregard LLs notes as something unimportant and irrelevant. They are an admission and I fail to see how anyone can twist it any other way.

'THE PEN IS MIGHTIER THAN THE SWORD' and it always will be.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Is there a way to pin this post. I feel it needs to be wheeled out every now and then.

Yet some people say this note carries no weight whatsoever 🥴 An actual written admission. Probably the only time she’s come clean. Because she didn’t think anyone would come by it. So arrogant at not being caught. Oh but she has been caught. If innocent, she could have written, “I killed them” or “I accidentally killed them”. But no, it says on purpose.
If you place that much weight on one aspect of the note, then should you also place as much weight on the other elements of it? Or just cherry pick the bits that ‘fit’?

Reactions: 1
He said the note was “outpouring of a young woman when she learnt she was being accused of killing children, that she’d done her best to care for”
I clicked “laugh” on this (the defence statement regarding the note) which seems an odd click but you get what I mean hopefully. I think that’s a reach of a statement from her isn’t it.

Reactions: 5
If you place that much weight on one aspect of the note, then should you also place as much weight on the other elements of it? Or just cherry pick the bits that ‘fit’?
Yes, I do cherry pick that. She’s up for multiple murders and wrote “I killed them on purpose”. That sentence is kinda relevant. She could scrawl any old happy flowery stuff bracketing that all she wanted until the cows come home, write a book or poem for all I care. The fact remains she wrote, “I killed them on purpose”. She hasnt even gone with a “oh I’ve no idea what that is, never seen it before. I didn’t write any of that”.

As I’ve said here before, if innocent and the deaths were in any way accidental, or not even her, there is no way somebody would write “on purpose”. I don’t buy that. Are we only to take notice of paper evidence exhibits if typed on paper and signed? Ones not on post-it notes? This is a piece of evidence she certainly wasn’t expecting to be found. She’s that crazy that she probably forgot all about it’s existence.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes, I do cherry pick that. She’s up for multiple murders and wrote “I killed them on purpose”. That sentence is kinda relevant. She could scrawl any old happy flowery stuff bracketing that all she wanted until the cows come home, write a book or poem for all I care. The fact remains she wrote, “I killed them on purpose”. She hasnt even gone with a “oh I’ve no idea what that is, never seen it before. I didn’t write any of that”.

As I’ve said here before, if innocent and the deaths were in any way accidental, or not even her, there is no way somebody would write “on purpose”. I don’t buy that. Are we only to take notice of paper evidence exhibits if typed on paper and signed? Ones not on post-it notes? This is a piece of evidence she certainly wasn’t expecting to be found. She’s that crazy that she probably forgot all about it’s existence.
It’s one piece of evidence from the prosecution. Apparently there was lots of notes found so I’m interested if the defence bring those into play.

Reactions: 6
I clicked “laugh” on this (the defence statement regarding the note) which seems an odd click but you get what I mean hopefully. I think that’s a reach of a statement from her isn’t it.
Depends on whether or not she's guilty. I mean she could have written the note in 2015 for a we know, but it seems she wrote it when she knew about the allegations. I know for some people, thinking the note was written sooner is significant.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.