Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Someone on one of fb groups has.posted that here's no live reporting at all today, as its all technical amd procedural stuff...🤔
Ah thanks for sharing, that makes sense why there’s no reporting. I see Liz from Dailymail has said she’s there but she doesn’t do live reporting, I expect there’ll be her round up in DM later on then

Reactions: 3

avabella

VIP Member
I am looking forward to what they will bring aswell! I think she's guilty but I want to see if the defence can throw some plausible doubt on that or highlight another killer etc.
I think it will really just help cement my thinking either way, I can’t help but feel there’s a whole load of info missing / gaps and I’m interested to see what they bring.

DianaBanana

Chatty Member
They haven't said who did what, or what has actually happened yet, they're just going through the timings I think

slingo16

Chatty Member
Had a few reply’s and don’t want to clog up the thread with 5 posts saying the same thing I’d tag you all but that’s long af, I don’t think you guys are seeing what I’m trying to say (my fault as I’m bad at explaining) but to have another stab at it. I understand that the child survived whilst the odds were stacked against her and to reach 100 days it was definitely a milestone which they thought early on that she wouldn’t reach, which gives a good reason for celebration. There can’t be many babies born under those circumstances that make it that far, I just think to suggest she deliberately harmed this baby purely based on the fact that she was 100 days old and people were celebrating is a real reach and it’s not explained why she then waits two weeks before having another crack at it. They are imo crow barring it into the charges and the 100 days thing is being used to back up there suspicions as a motive. And it’s weak if you ask me, it’s an attempt to play on the emotions of the jury and paint a picture of calculated evil but The prosecution promised a pattern would emerge and yet again we’re hearing of circumstance that are completely different to every other case, I think they’re damaging there argument here personally. as I said previously the 114th day fits the pattern perfectly.
It’s possible she’s innocent of the 100th day incident but guilty of the 114th day attacks.

It’s not just one overall verdict though - they will have to provide a verdict on every single charge and considering we haven’t heard the evidence for all the babies yet even if the defence can cast doubt on all but 1 it will only take one guilty verdict and she’s finished
I know that, but there is a massive difference between being convicted of 1 count and all of them. And the more charges they start to doubt, the more the remaining ones need to be cast iron not just “it fits a pattern” and “she was there”.

There’s the other point if they don’t convict either one of the 2 insulin counts (or even both), the hospital are really going to have some questions to answer - they’ve all agreed it was deliberate so if the jury find it wasn’t LL then the question is who was it?

• Haha

SamPam

I think it’s baby K but not certain. The baby died after being transferred out to another hospital, so she’s being charged with attempted murder instead of murder for that baby. It’s definitely one of the ones in the list of charges anyhow.
I think they're referring to a charge that the judge ordered a not guilty verdict be recorded on before the trial started.

I think it is child K actually, yes.

slingo16

Chatty Member
Your comment about SKs getting better at it completely contradicts the fact that they often get caught… usually - particularly with lust killers because they can’t control themselves As they desire the release the kill gives them.
some often want to be caught as they feel they literally can’t control themselves (see the Lipstick killer as a good example). There’s of plenty of examples of killers who enjoyed the offending and also examples of killers who got gratification from the reaction of those around them -like media reports, the revulsion of the public etc

Because we’re no longer in an investigation. How do you know that every other medical professional was considered and ruled out at the time. This investigation was ongoing for a very long time and I’m sure all possibilities have been narrowed down hence why the CPS allowed charges to be brought against LL. we are now in the court arena. The defence as I understand it can point the finger to other potential perpetrators if it’s clear harm was done, but the police and CPS do not believe that anyone else is culpable follow their investigation
No, it doesn’t contradict at all, I’m saying SKs don’t get worse at killing people. They get more efficient actually, I don’t dispute that they can become careless over time and that often leads to them being caught. But I’m not saying she’d get better at covering up things I’m saying she’d be better at the actual act of killing if that makes sense?

Again….she is becoming more impulsive. Her motive is to cause events that boost her self-worth, for others to see her as god like and capable. She doesn’t give a flying feck about these babies, it is about her and her needs. She also has tried a trusted method…injecting air. She wants to make the cause of the collapses different to evade detection and will be testing out different ways of inflicting harm. Perhaps not as much injected air as before or at a pace that is slower. I certainly wouldn’t expect someone with that impulsivity to use the same boring methods.

If you goto the wiki and thoroughly go through all the evidence you will start to see it from a different light.

Perhaps think about this….take away the overfeeding, air embolism and physical harm and look at baby F. Objective evidence right there 👍
Again… If you look at the wiki on the first page maybe three quarters of the way down you’ll see the list of charges. As time goes on the attacks become far less frequent, which doesn’t point to her becoming more impulsive imo, look from June to September 2015, you’ve got half of the charges just in that period and the majority of the deaths in the whole case happen within a 60 day timeframe between June and august at the very beginning of all this. We see a pretty consistent rate of attempts at the start. But as it goes on there are some huge gaps between cases and that to me shows escalation isn’t present in the case, in fact it’s the total opposite actually

Last edited:

Notworthy

VIP Member
That may be the point slingo is now making after back and forth discussion, but this was not his original point. I actually had these same question’s many threads ago, and I couldn’t get my head around it.

Any way in answer to your question I can’t say, but it did say they didn’t take it any further what conclusion they came to and why they decided this at the time I have no idea, perhaps time will tell. However, I suspect there was none and they just wanted to sweep it under the carpet and move on.
It was exactly the point he was making right from the start of the conversation, you just didn't grasp it at the time.

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
The whole argument for most of the babies is the pattern and while that works in the prosecutions favour to prove, it will also work against them as if the jury start to doubt cases in the pattern they’ll start to doubt them all.
Exactly this, it’s worrying to be honest.

stardust1

VIP Member
Curious to see what your replies are. I know it is a hard question to answer without actually going through it, but if you were accused of the same thing and hand on heart knew you were innocent but legal advice was not to give evidence, what would you do? I really think if I was innocent I’d not be able to keep quiet protesting my innocence from the start.

does anyone know if Rebecca Leighton gave evidence?

I think there could be lots of reasons why they might have had Lucy when they were older.

One example would be my own situation. I tried to get pregnant from when I was 25 but it didn’t happen until I was 39.
Yeah and it doesnt mean they had any assistance to have her or anything, just could have worked out that way for them.

Yeah first time parents aren’t getting younger, on average they’re getting much older. Birth rates are falling too, it costs so much to have a kid these days that many couples prefer to wait until they’re financially stable until they have a baby. I’m 26 and married and am in a pretty stable position compared to a lot of people my age, but there’s still no way I’m going to be having a child any time soon tbh.
I'm in my early 30's and having my 3rd and I am still one of the youngest in the waiting rooms.

It's simply too unaffordable, this will be my last, childcare cost make having any more just impossible.

pissedandsad

Well basically I’m one of these people who loves murder documentaries and true crime, I saw this case on the news just before the start of the trial and I did a little search to see what details were available online and I stumbled upon tattle. So yeah I’m only here for this case, Although I haven’t really explored tattle so I don’t really know what else it has to offer lol
I happened upon the site for the Star Hobson case & wound up coming back for this one. I am also interested in statement analysis & behavioral analysis, as well as body language analysis. I would like to see her interrogation transcripts analyzed.

OldBlondie

VIP Member
Would they be able to know if the baby wasn’t digesting her feeds? And what things would cause this? Is this something that the nurses would be aware of & could identify or not? Could this be plausible?
Oh gosh I wouldn’t even try to answer this, but maybe @docmum could answer when she gets chance?

*ETA just seen this has already been answered above

Haveyouanywool

VIP Member
They didn't change the bag due to the low blood sugar, they changed it because the line had tissued. There's no way you can predict that.
We've also heard evidence that there was no order to how the bags were stored so not like she could choose the 'next one'. Also if pharmacy came to do a stock check they'd all end up in a different position to when she left anyway.
Would pharmacy be likely to come on a specific day. I’m sure she knew the routines of the unit very well.
I think they meant no date order, so no stock rotation.
There were 2 types of stock TPN, she would know what type Baby F was on thus minimising the ‘pool’ of bags to choose from.
Would she have been too worried if it went to another baby while she was off the ward?

• Heart