Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the overfeeding, I am guessing the baby would not have been bottle fed so would it been a syringe or tube does anyone know? How quickly would it take for someone to deliberately do this?
just thinking with the other attempts if she’s guilty would be quick and not so obvious, eg injecting the air or TNT bags.
with this attempt she has to get extra milk from somewhere to do, more risk at being caught?
From what I’ve been able to gather Baby G was being feed alternately by bottle and ng tube. Her 2am feed was by ng, she was asleep. You’re supposed to do a ‘slow bolus’ ng feed, that is holding the syringe attached to the ng tube up and let the milk go in gradually over about 20 minutes. You could just ‘plunge’ the feed in, that is use the plunger on the syringe to inject the milk in quickly. It would take seconds.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
With the overfeeding, I am guessing the baby would not have been bottle fed so would it been a syringe or tube does anyone know? How quickly would it take for someone to deliberately do this?
just thinking with the other attempts if she’s guilty would be quick and not so obvious, eg injecting the air or TNT bags.
with this attempt she has to get extra milk from somewhere to do, more risk at being caught?
Did wonder about this. LL's own patient was on expressed milk (LL was messaging a colleague about this earlier in the shift). Could she have used the other mother's expressed milk to overfeed child G as it would be in her possession already and only needed a little bit? It would have been a syringe I think as the mother of G talked about how LL was feeding baby with the syringe while she watched.

"In a second statement, she said she was asked about the feeding of Child G, and how she had been taught to feed her baby daughter via a syringe, in a way she did not receive too much milk too quickly.

She said sometimes she would be allowed to feed via the syringe, but Lucy Letby "always held the syringe" during feeding time."

• Sad
Reactions: 11
From what I’ve been able to gather Baby G was being feed alternately by bottle and ng tube. Her 2am feed was by ng, she was asleep. You’re supposed to do a ‘slow bolus’ ng feed, that is holding the syringe attached to the ng tube up and let the milk go in gradually over about 20 minutes. You could just ‘plunge’ the feed in, that is use the plunger on the syringe to inject it in quickly. It would take seconds.
Thank you, so easily done without causing suspicion.

Reactions: 6
I can’t answer your question as such, as I don’t know for sure, but there was a poster yesterday that suggested LL used the breast milk of the baby she was designated that evening, so that no one would notice the extra milk missing, and that’s why she sent a txt about breast milk to her colleague early on in her shift. I find that theory very credible as we’ve seen lots of examples of LL being very cunning and probably meticulously planning her attacks. So I would imagine she would have been quick at administering a syringe of milk, you’d only need a small amount and the mum spoke yesterday about how you have to administer it very slowly when feeding, so I imagine LL just gave it very quickly, hence how violent the vomiting was and how quickly G became unwell. Someone else can confirm/correct this that would know for sure though

ETA I see the posters above have also answered this already with very similar thought process🤦🏼‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Found this morning on Twitter

borderline personality disorder 😵
I’d take this with a massive pinch of salt tbh. If she has a BPD diagnosis then I’m absolutely sure it’d have been brought up in court at some point already by now

Reactions: 13
I'm BPD but I feel it is a fair point to make. Can't go round skirting around everything to ensure nobody is triggered or offended. ❤
I'm a bit sensitive bc I was misdiagnosed :ROFLMAO: not saying don't mention it if it's officially confirmed but the whole "nobody with BPD should be near that ward" thing is vile.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just to clarify I’m only sharing what I’ve seen on Twitter. I’m not saying I believe it by doing that. Pls don’t jump on me for sharing something

Reactions: 21
I don’t think we’d hear if she had any kind of mental health diagnosis we’d hear until any sentencing reports? It may influence the jury (I’m not for a minute suggesting that’s ok or right, but for some it would) want that would impact her right to a fair trial.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So strange that nobody is reporting today. With any luck she will have changed her plea to guilty.
Someone on one of fb groups has.posted that here's no live reporting at all today, as its all technical amd procedural stuff...🤔

Reactions: 8
It’s a very ignorant tweet for sure, the idea that any type of mh diagnosis should impide anyone from working as a HCP is absolutely ridiculous, ignorant and outdated.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think we’d hear if she had any kind of mental health diagnosis we’d hear until any sentencing reports? It may influence the jury (I’m not for a minute suggesting that’s ok or right, but for some it would) want that would impact her right to a fair trial.
Exactly, some people would automatically assume she's guilty if they knew that (if it's even true) so it wouldn't be a fair trial.

Reactions: 7
The Lucia case didn't just fail because it was ONLY backed up by statistics but because they got her whereabouts wrong - they thought she was with the patient when she was on holiday. They got her alibi wrong. Without that massive error, they wouldn't have overturned her conviction. Also Lucia was suspected ONLY on the say so of just one doctor. They've established here that even before the doctors got suspicious, other nurses and even parents noticed odd things.

They haven't got LL's whereabouts wrong because this case is in an era of technology with an audit trail of messages, electronic key cards and a number of witnesses including parents. So actually other than being nurses, there's nothing similar between the cases.
I'm afraid I disagree, and that wasn't the reason her conviction was overturned. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Someone on one of fb groups has.posted that here's no live reporting at all today, as its all technical amd procedural stuff...🤔
Ah thanks for sharing, that makes sense why there’s no reporting. I see Liz from Dailymail has said she’s there but she doesn’t do live reporting, I expect there’ll be her round up in DM later on then

Reactions: 3
Just wanted to add as well that this baby being overfed by NG is more realistic as if this baby was due a bottle feed, they may have refused to drink it if as stomach already full....if you get me?

Reactions: 8
why on earth would she visit the unit off shift and see the baby? Let me guess.. she can’t remember
Exactly! You just wouldn’t!
She maybe made an excuse that she’d left something in her locker and ‘just popped up’ when she was there.
Maybe it was ‘dedicated’ Nurse LL going that extra mile. It’s definitely weird though.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just wanted to add as well that this baby being overfed by NG is more realistic as if this baby was due a bottle feed, they may have refused to drink it if as stomach already full....if you get me?
Yes I get you, it was not only the quickest way, but also the easiest if the baby was already full and wouldn’t be able to drink anymore from a bottle as you say. I think using a syringe to over feed and push air in at the same time, would be the quickest and easiest method for sure. Would only take a second to do as other posters have said and if she did use her own designated babies’ breast milk she’d be able to go even more unnoticed. I think she was meticulous planning these attacks 😩

Exactly! You just wouldn’t!
She maybe made an excuse that she’d left something in her locker and ‘just popped up’ when she was there.
Maybe it was ‘dedicated’ Nurse LL going that extra mile. It’s definitely weird though.
The fact that she didn’t just pop into work though, for example if she’d left something in her locker. She actually made a point of going into Room 1 which as we know is a separate room in the unit, as she txt the colleague saying she’d seen G and she “looked awful”. So it’s not just casually dropping into work for a legitimate reason, it’s actually going into room 1 to see G. Especially after she’s spent the whole day texting about her, she then has to go in and see her🤢

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.