Lucy Letby Case #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there an NHS IVF unit at the Liverpool hospital? If so, would LL have done some of her training on it? Or come in to contact with pregnant mums who had IVF?

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Can I just say thank you for this.
I dont follow the reports anymore, but do catch up on here & some of the stuff can be very heavy! Just wanted to let you know your concern for others is appreciated 😊
I find it a hard read, and I know there’s many on here including yourself that have had wee preemies, so I can only imagine how much more difficult it would be for others listening to some of the details, when you’ve yourselves had babies in similar situations in nicu. And just in general for everyone really, the details are very distressing for G, and some babies we are yet to hear about too, and I wouldn’t want to post something that not all on here would want to read themselves, so think it’s going to be spoilers from now on for certain bits that seem particularly distressing. I see todays papers have all said today was particularly distressing to hear too💔

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Where has this IVF theory come from? Has anything come out in court about her having IVF?

Reactions: 3
And just quoting myself to add, she might have attacked this baby regardless, but realising there was a celebration coming up just waited for that day for added impact. I think they said it was her second night shift so perhaps she decided to wait an extra day.

it doesn’t really prove anything either way, but I think it’s relevant in terms of her being sadistic.
She may also just not have got chance the night before. I’d guess prepping the milk then feeding and giving air (as alleged) would take longer than just giving air after other meds as with the other babies which would probably only take seconds and be much easier to hide as it’s literally an empty syringe. She would need to be confident she wasn’t going to be interrupted as it would definitely raise questions if she was caught feeding baby g so soon after her previous feed, especially when she collapses minutes later 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Is there an NHS IVF unit at the Liverpool hospital? If so, would LL have done some of her training on it? Or come in to contact with pregnant mums who had IVF?
there is indeed, I had my daughter’s embryo implanted at Liverpool and she was born at the Countess. I had the ivf treatment at the countess as well as the egg removal and then had to drive to Liverpool women’s to take the egg and sperm to their labs and then had the embryo transfer there! They’re very closely linked with ivf.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
there is indeed, I had my daughter’s embryo implanted at Liverpool and she was born at the Countess. I had the ivf treatment at the countess as well as the egg removal and then had to drive to Liverpool women’s to take the egg and sperm to their labs and then had the embryo transfer there! They’re very closely linked with ivf.
I hope you’re ok. This must be incredibly difficult to follow being so close to home for you.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She may also just not have got chance the night before. I’d guess prepping the milk then feeding and giving air (as alleged) would take longer than just giving air after other meds as with the other babies which would probably only take seconds and be much easier to hide as it’s literally an empty syringe. She would need to be confident she wasn’t going to be interrupted as it would definitely raise questions if she was caught feeding baby g so soon after her previous feed, especially when she collapses minutes later 😔
yes agree, she would have to wait for an opportunity. We will never know but I wonder how much she engineered these e.g. offering to cover a break before her colleague could ask someone else (no idea if that’s even how it works on the unit but that kind of thing anyway).

Reactions: 7
I hope you’re ok. This must be incredibly difficult to follow being so close to home for you.
thank you, it’s all very sad and unnerving reading especially as I had my daughter in April 2016, she had to spend a bit of time in NICU and the thought of her being so close to LL during that time just makes me feel sick. I contacted the police when it first was in the papers to check she wasn’t involved as she had an unknown high infection marker for which we still don’t know why. I remember looking at the other parents when I’d take her down to nicu for her antibiotics feeling so sorry for them having babies in there and since this trial that feeling is so much stronger. Those poor families and babies deserve justice 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
thank you, it’s all very sad and unnerving reading especially as I had my daughter in April 2016, she had to spend a bit of time in NICU and the thought of her being so close to LL during that time just makes me feel sick. I contacted the police when it first was in the papers to check she wasn’t involved as she had an unknown high infection marker for which we still don’t know why. I remember looking at the other parents when I’d take her down to nicu for her antibiotics feeling so sorry for them having babies in there and since this trial that feeling is so much stronger. Those poor families and babies deserve justice 😔
Oh wow, that must be so scary to look back on. I hope your little one is doing well now and that they were never near LL.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm trying not to put too much stock in little bits of fluff we're hearing, but when I read back the earlier texts where she's apparently utterly devastated about the deaths, and then I read more recent accounts where she's just saying "yeah bit rubbish innit x", barely reacting in court and alleging she can barely remember the kids I just think god....what happened. Was it all an act? Was it real and she's just worn out from the whole experience? It's either extremely sinister or extremely sad.

Reactions: 17
Awful, awful reading. Just heartbreaking. The texts seem a bit off to me does anyone else get that vibe? Almost like her colleague was fed up with her, a bit blunt? And once again, no sympathy towards her colleagues (unless not shown)

Reactions: 16
I get why the age of the child makes her less likely to encounter complications but my question is why is the 100th day deemed more significant than the 114th day surely an extra two weeks of life fan only be a good thing for her chances no?
slingo you are confusing me what is your point concerning the 100th/114th day ? Do you mean you don’t know why the date is significant to the nurses and staff ? Because regardless if you feel 114 day Is more of milestone it is not really relevant here. They celebrated it because baby G was born at 23 weeks and made it to 100 days. 23 weeks is below the legal abortion limit! It is something to celebrate that Baby G made it to 100 days. She had a 5 percent chance of survival at birth and the father stated this. Or have I really not grasped what you are saying this time? 😬

or do you mean why did letby then attack on the 114th day ? Well baby G was moved back to arrow park then came back to the countess, perhaps she didn’t have the opportunity until the 114th day to try and finish what she started ? (I’ll be honest I have no idea if she attacked baby G on the 114th I haven’t looked at the timeline but I assuming that is what you are saying )…..but if you are wondering if there is any significance about September the 21st, there most certainly is baby G was due to be born on that day. Seems like a pretty significant and calculated move to me if we look at it this way!

The father says Child G was not due to give birth until September 21 and had "only a 5% chance of survival".
Just another coincidence that letby happens to attack child G on her expected due date? I mean wtf!

Regardless the 100th and everyday after is an important milestone for this Miracle baby who survived and is here against all odds, ivf, and prematurity and then she pulled through not one but three murder attempts! She really is a miracle, so so heartbreaking 💔

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Oh jeezo, hope your daughter is doing well.
Must be really hard for you following this!
LL would definitely know all the extra things IVF entails.
Destroying someone’s dream like that 😔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m wondering if she used the breast milk meant for her own designated baby. I found it odd that the text about that was brought up.

Baby Gs mum would know how much she had expressed and if some was missing she would notice. Whereas if she stole it from the baby she was looking after nobody would notice because she could say she fed baby with it.
View attachment 1775430
Still catching up but wow what an extremely plausible suggestion😮, she was SO devious she really did think she was being so clever

Reactions: 7
Had a few reply’s and don’t want to clog up the thread with 5 posts saying the same thing I’d tag you all but that’s long af, I don’t think you guys are seeing what I’m trying to say (my fault as I’m bad at explaining) but to have another stab at it. I understand that the child survived whilst the odds were stacked against her and to reach 100 days it was definitely a milestone which they thought early on that she wouldn’t reach, which gives a good reason for celebration. There can’t be many babies born under those circumstances that make it that far, I just think to suggest she deliberately harmed this baby purely based on the fact that she was 100 days old and people were celebrating is a real reach and it’s not explained why she then waits two weeks before having another crack at it. They are imo crow barring it into the charges and the 100 days thing is being used to back up there suspicions as a motive. And it’s weak if you ask me, it’s an attempt to play on the emotions of the jury and paint a picture of calculated evil but The prosecution promised a pattern would emerge and yet again we’re hearing of circumstance that are completely different to every other case, I think they’re damaging there argument here personally. as I said previously the 114th day fits the pattern perfectly.
It’s possible she’s innocent of the 100th day incident but guilty of the 114th day attacks.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.