Lucy Letby Case #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More than surprised that staff did not routinely sign in and out of the electronic nursing note system meaning any note would be ascribed to any ‘user’ profile that happened to be logged in at the time. Very, very bad.

Reactions: 16
Shipman doc is only 20 minutes in and is absolutely fascinating. Everyone loved him.

Reactions: 6
I was married to a Kc But had a long relationship with a consultant… as far as egos go the latter trumps the former massively. They can never be wrong.

Reactions: 5
That’s interesting. When my child was in hospital I was talking to one of the nurses, we got onto the subject of surgeons, she said ‘you’ve got to be a certain type of person to be a surgeon’. I got the feeling she meant you have to be missing a certain amount of feeling to be able to do it. Ie you have to see people more as bones and tissue than a person, a machine that needs to fixed if you will. Especially if you are operating on tiny children. I have noticed this recently after receiving treatment for the last 6 months, you turn into a number that needs to be scannned and processed. You stop being a person and there is no real thought for you as a person and how it affects you. Now I’m not saying you are not sign posted to those services, or everybody in the medical profession doesn’t care, I just think the system is set out that way that real compassion stops. I do wonder if I’m the end she wasn’t seeing human beings, something to be processed and moved on, and in the process she got a kick a surge of excitement from what was to happen afterwards. It got dull and boring to her, so she decided to liven things up. But as I said, if she has psychopath is traits she would not have been able to empathise. That’s what you don’t have as a psychopath. You lack empathy.
Sorry but I disagree, I work in the NHS and most people deeply care and see you as a person. They are very aware that people have families who love them - children and parents etc. Sure, there’s a few surgeons in every department that are probably borderline psychopaths and see every patient as a way to shroud themselves in glory, but even they care in their own way. I don’t think NHS mindset has anything to do with what this evil witch did.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry but I disagree, I work in the NHS and most people deeply care and see you as a person. They are very aware that people have families who love them - children and parents etc. Sure, there’s a few surgeons in every department that are probably borderline psychopaths and see every patient as a way to shroud themselves in glory, but even they care in their own way. I don’t think NHS mindset has anything to do with what this evil witch did.
Yeah my daughters surgeon is extremely skilled but also empathetic and kind. Any consultant I have dealt with in relation to her care has been too ❤
Generalisations are never helpful.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I can’t believe there are some people who believe Letby is innocent at this point.

If anyone reading this believes she’s innocent - what do you sincerely believe is going on here?

The insulin seals the cases for me. As a business owner, I’m used to making decisions - and if it were up to me, I’d already have her locked away for life with no chance of parole.

Luckily for her, that decision does not rest with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s not a competition but just my experience
I agree it’s not. I share the same experience, I was really broken by a long term relationship with a consultant. A different consultant called me at 7pm on a Friday out of their own time and mine, to make sure I was aware of their ongoing plan for a patient they were concerned about who had gone home. Another consultant saved my life last year and was the best man I have ever met professionally and personally.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don’t think it would be this far down the line if they weren’t sure she was guilty. Seven years and counting of investigations and £900k from the Home Office towards the funding for it. The man power behind this is unbelievable with many journalists saying it’s the biggest case of their careers.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can’t believe there are some people who believe Letby is innocent at this point.

If anyone reading this believes she’s innocent - what do you sincerely believe is going on here?

The insulin seals the cases for me. As a business owner, I’m used to making decisions - and if it were up to me, I’d already have her locked away for life with no chance of parole.

Luckily for her, that decision does not rest with me.
I don’t think she’s innocent, but I don’t think she’ll be found guilty on all charges.

• Sad
@LilyRose1234 are you able to clarify why these nurses are essentially having to defend themselves when they’re actually witnesses? Your insight has been really interesting.
Notice how her colleagues are not having to look at her for whatever reason. Again, speaks volumes?
Not being able to look at her, to me it seems they too don’t believe her and don’t want to look at her.
They have been let down , and I am sure they replay all these situations in their heads.
Can’t imagine what they must be feeling, especially been asked in court if they had administered the insulin.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I feel I need to reply but I do not want to cause upset … far from it . All I wanted to say is that I do get how doctors / consultants sometimes however cannot accept or see if they have made mistakes. And mistakes DO happen.

Reactions: 7
I don’t think she’s innocent, but I don’t think she’ll be found guilty on all charges.
sorry to fire questions at you.. if she is found guilty and she appeals, would it be the same all over again? In terms of length of trial/witnesses being dragged out etc?

Reactions: 2
I don't think I could trust myself to look at her either tbh. If I found out one of my colleagues was hurting our patients I'd be raging.

Reactions: 12
Not being able to look at her, to me it seems they too don’t believe her and don’t want to look at her.
They have been let down , and I am sure they replay all these situations in their heads.
Can’t imagine what they must be feeling, especially been asked in court if they had administered the insulin.
If also imagine it would be very difficult for them to give evidence with her watching them and them able to see, given they have a professional and apparently social relationship. Like any of us giving evidence against a friend, it would be easier if you can’t see them

No. It would go to the court of appeal. It’s 3 high court judges. No witnesses. They would be looking for errors in the trial judges sentence. If they have erred in any law points.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.