Lucy Letby Case #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s exactly as expected given it’s a hospital scene.
I wish somebody had informed the two independent reviews, the police and the CPS that there was “nothing” to link Letby to all these incidents she was present at. I am desperately trying not to post one of my annoying lists of all the ways in which she is VERY much linked 🤣
But I guess it is a lot easier to say there is “nothing” that links her rather than try to explain away multiple multiple reasons she absolutely is linked as totally innocent in one giant A-Q post. Even Benny doesn’t fancy doing that. Because it will look ridiculous.
Until there was toxicology involved, nothing ‘linked’ Shipman to all the old ladies dying except- well him being there directly before they died. Thank goodness someone noticed the link.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Literally, it actually shocks me that there are people willing to lock someone up without even hearing their defense. Everyone has the right to a fair trial, regardless of whether you think they’re guilty or innocent!
She’s getting her fair trial. There’s not even that much media coverage. No press, or public, running after the van she’s arriving in. No tell all exposè (yet).
There have been pages of speculation on here about her relationships, social life, personality, because we don’t actually know.
It really does not matter if anyone on here thinks she’s guilty, or innocent, we literally don’t count.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Literally, it actually shocks me that there are people willing to lock someone up without even hearing their defense. Everyone has the right to a fair trial, regardless of whether you think they’re guilty or innocent!
She is having one. Our comments aren’t convicting her. I have thought multiple people guilty before their trial before, as a member of the public. Whether she is found NG or G my opinion doesn’t matter now and won’t matter then.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
She is having one. Our comments aren’t convicting her. I have thought multiple people guilty before their trial before, as a member of the public. Whether she is found NG or G my opinion doesn’t matter now and won’t matter then.
My comment wasn’t really about letby. It was in reference to the poster who said they’d happily lock someone up and throw away the key before even hearing their defence. Which I find pretty worrying.

Reactions: 10
I think her defence is just going through the motions at the moment but I am open minded to hearing his real defence work later on. He could quite easily portray her as a dedicated woman who just took a deep interest in her work life. It would have looked better for her if she held her hands up to the Facebook searches.

Reactions: 13
My comment wasn’t really about letby. It was in reference to the poster who said they’d happily lock someone up and throw away the key before even hearing their defence. Which I find pretty worrying.
It’s only really worrying if they’re on the jury. Otherwise they’re powerless to do anything about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
It’s only really worrying if they’re on the jury. Otherwise they’re powerless to do anything about it.
wether you think she’s guilty or not absolutely everyone on here would be tit on the Jury for speaking about it anyway so it’s irrelevant anyway🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I think you would think differently if you were actually on the jury. They are living through it everyday so I think you would naturally be more open minded.

Reactions: 8
wether you think she’s guilty or not absolutely everyone on here would be tit on the Jury for speaking about it anyway so it’s irrelevant anyway🤷🏼‍♀️
Agreed. I personally find the holier than thou “you haven’t heard the defence” line is a little bit out of place on a gossip forum thread about the case 🤷🏻‍♀️ Of course if people were on the jury, they’d either listen to it all or excuse themselves I’m sure and they still couldn’t decide the outcome of the verdict without a group of other people anyway. But as that isn’t a problem whatsoever.. who cares 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Agreed. I personally find the holier than thou “you haven’t heard the defence” line is a little bit out of place on a gossip forum thread about the case 🤷🏻‍♀️ Of course if people were on the jury, they’d either listen to it all or excuse themselves I’m sure and they still couldn’t decide the outcome of the verdict without a group of other people anyway. But as that isn’t a problem whatsoever.. who cares 😅
you will have to sit tight in your Matalan PJ’s until you hear from the defence. Don’t dare make another comment on a gossip site🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
you will have to sit tight in your Matalan PJ’s until you hear from the defence. Don’t dare make another comment on a gossip site🤣
I thought it was obvious..I’m really open minded 😵💫 20 forum jury points for me ha. Honestly, I admire it. It isn’t going to be me though 🥹

• Haha
Reactions: 6
This is an extremely emotive case and I don’t really get the need for petty comments or bitchy remarks over me saying something as innocuous as ‘she deserves to have her defense listened to’ lmao.

There thread was a really nice place to be a few weeks ago but it has just degenerated again to the point where people are getting insulted and it’s pointless.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
This is an extremely emotive case and I don’t really get the need for petty comments or bitchy remarks over me saying something as innocuous as ‘she deserves to have her defense listened to’ lmao.

There thread was a really nice place to be a few weeks ago but it has just degenerated again to the point where people are getting insulted and it’s pointless.
No it really hasn’t. It’s been absolutely fine for days on end now. People are not even really disagreeing with you. I too think she should have a fair trial. When people say lock the witch up now I can also see why because it’s an emotive case, it doesn’t mean anything to the outcome of the trial. I don’t think that anybody, if they were on the jury, would be saying or acting that way so it’s not really a problem. What is snide is coming on just to say “urgh you haven’t even heard the defence you morons” as if it matters at all, when it truly doesn’t. Coming on and saying ‘I’m still unsure because I haven’t heard the other side yet’ is a different thing to acting like everybody is causing her a mistrial or haven’t got the intelligence to notice it’s still prosecution.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

No different to you coming on just to tell people we haven’t heard the full case, we are all aware😩

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I absolutely want her to have a fair trial, she deserves it and more importantly the families deserve it so there can be no appealing the verdict is the trial is deemed unfair.

Doesn’t mean *I* can’t believe she’s guilty without hearing the defence. I’m not sat in court. I’m sat on my sofa, drinking a cuppa, half way to a medical degree with all the research I’ve done for this case…!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
No it really hasn’t. It’s been absolutely fine for days on end now. People are not even really disagreeing with you. I too think she should have a fair trial. When people say lock the witch up now I can also see why because it’s an emotive case, it doesn’t mean anything to the outcome of the trial. I don’t think that anybody, if they were on the jury, would be saying or acting that way so it’s not really a problem. What is snide is coming on just to say “urgh you haven’t even heard the defence you morons” as if it matters at all, when it truly doesn’t. Coming on and saying ‘I’m still unsure because I haven’t heard the other side yet’ is a different thing to acting like everybody is causing her a mistrial or haven’t got the intelligence to notice it’s still prosecution.
Has it? Because yesterday I literally got torn apart for saying we should stick to the rules of tattle and not get the thread banned?

At no point did I ever say ‘ugh you haven’t even heard the defence you morons’ and I’ve never attacked anyones intelligence either so why are you saying that?

Reactions: 6
I think her defence is just going through the motions at the moment but I am open minded to hearing his real defence work later on. He could quite easily portray her as a dedicated woman who just took a deep interest in her work life. It would have looked better for her if she held her hands up to the Facebook searches.
I am very curious to hear the defence, I really wonder what the angle will be!!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.