Lucy Letby Case #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Because some of the care offered to these families was awful, and they deserve to be called out for it. I'd be saying the same thing if it was a private hospital, the NHS doesn't deserve to be put on a pedestal simply because it's the NHS.
There are some wonderful professionals in the NHS, I've worked in brilliant teams and seen some excellent care. I've also seen some rubbish care that has led to avoidable deaths.
Jesus, I’m not disputing that. Thought we were looking at this case though, not general NHS bashing.

Ok.. So what are we allowed to talk about? Nobody needs to be policing the threads. Easy enough to scroll past chat you aren’t interested in.
Yes, I give up. No more support for the NHS.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Well yes I understand the tolerance measures based on my own industry, but not healthcare, no.

My point was, if you’re ‘on call’, you’re not technically working are you? So you’d expect if you received a call, that it’s serious? You’re not getting phone calls every hour and should you be ‘busy’ if you’re on call? Surely if there’s as big a demand then you’d be in the ward, on duty?
not necessarily no. They would call the on call about my son just for extra advice

Reactions: 5
Suboptimal care is still a factor in this trial, otherwise the defence’s line of questioning wouldn’t be mentioning it so much. It’s only natural that some people will want to discuss it.

Reactions: 8
Jesus, I’m not disputing that. Thought we were looking at this case though, not general NHS bashing.

Yes, I give up. No more support for the NHS.
I’m confused by your posts to be honest. Are you annoyed about people posting their personal negative experiences with healthcare or those discussing the failings at the hospital letby worked at? Complaining about lack of funding for the NHS which leads to sub optimal care and conditions ≠ lack of support for the NHS. Quite the opposite actually as those complaining about this lack of funding are more likely to vote for political parties who will put policies in place to fund the healthcare system.

Reactions: 6
Well yes I understand the tolerance measures based on my own industry, but not healthcare, no.

My point was, if you’re ‘on call’, you’re not technically working are you? So you’d expect if you received a call, that it’s serious? You’re not getting phone calls every hour and should you be ‘busy’ if you’re on call? Surely if there’s as big a demand then you’d be in the ward, on duty?
The on call can be extremely busy, it depends. Often support over the phone is adequate, it's not a once in a blue moon urgent urgent urgent option, it can be for a second opinion or a quick question. Although I hope the hospital looks into it, I don't think it's fair to judge her because we don't know the whole story, and it's only part of a bigger puzzle. Many on calls have been working long shifts, have multiple things going on, and again it depends on the messaged relayed as to the response. It's not practical to attend every on call in person unless you're fortunate and aren't getting a fair amount of calls. She apologised with the gift of hindsight, but at the time the decision she made could have been the right one. Either way she isn't on trial.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m confused by your posts to be honest. Are you annoyed about people posting their personal negative experiences with healthcare or those discussing the failings at the hospital letby worked at? Complaining about lack of funding for the NHS which leads to sub optimal care and conditions ≠ lack of support for the NHS. Quite the opposite actually as those complaining about this lack of funding are more likely to vote for political parties who will put policies in place to fund the healthcare system.
Not wanting to get into politics but I very much doubt that. They’ve had their chance, not done it yet.
Look, discuss away as you will.

Reactions: 1
Not wanting to get into politics but I very much doubt that. They’ve had their chance, not done it yet.
Look, discuss away as you will.
Well the UK hasn’t seen a labour government in 12 years, the tories have remained in power since 2010 and have pretty much spent that time systematically dismantling the NHS. I’m no great fan of labour but tbf to them, I’m not so sure they have had the chance to really change much considering they’ve not been in power.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Well the UK hasn’t seen a labour government in 12 years, the tories have remained in power since 2010 and have pretty much spent that time systematically dismantling the NHS. I’m no great fan of labour but tbf to them, I’m not so sure they have had the chance to really change much considering they’ve not been in power.
Indeed. I’m in Scotland and you’ll know who most of us lot vote for, these days.

She seems content she wouldn't have done anything differently, it's not overly unusual for someone on call to support the doctors on the ward via phone and then go in if it's deemed necessary. Seems she was apologising for not pushing for the post mortem rather than the care the baby recieved, nothing to suggest the outcome would have sadly been any different. There are lots of issues that have been raised over the years about the on call system (not a criticism to those on call, just the sustainability and effectiveness of the system). We don't know if she was supporting someone else at the same time or anything either, of course in hindsight recognises it would have been better to go quicker but we are all blessed with the gift of hindsight.
Yeah let's try not to misinterpret what was said and allot even more blame to someone than is necessary.

She apologised to the parents for not pushing for a PM, that's it.

Sorry @MmmB777 and 2 others who quoted me yesterday. Mother of all migraines took over my life 😭 what a fab response, so detailed, so interesting! Obvs our opinions differ but I do enjoy reading yours and others and seeing what I make of it. Far too behind to catch up fully, but wondering, was there no live reporting yesterday? Plan to try watch some stuff on Bev Allitt today as I keep seeing it in here but no nothing about that! Happy Thursday folks

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Sorry @MmmB777 and 2 others who quoted me yesterday. Mother of all migraines took over my life 😭 what a fab response, so detailed, so interesting! Obvs our opinions differ but I do enjoy reading yours and others and seeing what I make of it. Far too behind to catch up fully, but wondering, was there no live reporting yesterday? Plan to try watch some stuff on Bev Allitt today as I keep seeing it in here but no nothing about that! Happy Thursday folks
Oh no! Hope you’re feeling better today 💞🤞🏻 Also really hoping there is live reporting too today. Get yourself under a blanket and watch the Bev A doc and the new doc on Charles Cullen is very good in terms of evidence and investigation too. And then watch videos of kittens and puppies to recover mate 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh no! Hope you’re feeling better today 💞🤞🏻 Also really hoping there is live reporting too today. Get yourself under a blanket and watch the Bev A doc and the new doc on Charles Cullen is very good in terms of evidence and investigation too. And then watch videos of kittens and puppies to recover mate 🤣
Mild headache this morning so hoping it doesn’t go backward 🤞🏻 somehow you just made watching serial killer docs super cosy 🤣 can’t wait… wondering if my views will change after watching… let’s see!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.