Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To me today the prosecution have proved baby A was murdered and Baby B harmed, but have they proved it was Lucy?
I think they need to speak about the shift patterns again and confirm these incidents of strange rashes and collapses only happened when she was on shift otherwise it could theoretically be another member of staff.
Also if you were on jury today and believe the prosecution i think it would be hard to think all the rest of the babies unexplained deaths were not suspicious.

Reactions: 17
I think if she is guilty she potentially could be going through this trial for the sole purpose of pulling people down with her for errors they made too? Its so sickening what we’re learning and this only a couple weeks in 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
god I feel today has been a huge turning point in this case. I feel sick. Speaking to my NHS friends about the case and a couple of people said they are so pedantic about air. Even on a grown heavy bloke just using for example. Can you imagine how careful you’d be with a tiny premature baby… this is no accident.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t think I can follow it anymore tbh. We are only weeks into it and hearing that there is the very real potential someone deliberately hurt and killed those babies 😭 My little boy was in SCBU just this year and as all special care parents will attest it’s the most harrowing time, so to think someone could have done that to him, I just can’t take it. I genuinely think I’d die if I was those parents hearing this. How can you live knowing someone you trusted with your babies life, deliberately hurt them and tried/succeeded to kill them when you weren’t by their side? I mean no blame by that at all, you cannot be there all the time and you should quite obviously never have to doubt the medical staff being evil to the core. But even still, you would blame yourself everyday for the rest of your life. My heart couldn’t bare it. I’m not religious but it makes me want to believe there’s a hell for her to rot in if she did this.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
I don’t think I can follow it anymore tbh. We are only weeks into it and hearing that there is the very real potential someone deliberately hurt and killed those babies 😭 My little boy was in SCBU just this year and as all special care parents will attest it’s the most harrowing time, so to think someone could have done that to him, I just can’t take it. I genuinely think I’d die if I was those parents hearing this. How can you live knowing someone you trusted with your babies life, deliberately hurt them and tried/succeeded to kill them when you weren’t by their side? I mean no blame by that at all, you cannot be there all the time and you should quite obviously never have to doubt the medical staff being evil to the core. But even still, you would blame yourself everyday for the rest of your life. My heart couldn’t bare it. I’m not religious but it makes me want to believe there’s a hell for her to rot in if she did this.
I know I was abit of a dick to you yesterday, sorry. But I do honestly hope you’re ok. Please access the support if you need too, and take a break from here if you need. Please look after yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
To me today the prosecution have proved baby A was murdered and Baby B harmed, but have they proved it was Lucy?
I think they need to speak about the shift patterns again and confirm these incidents of strange rashes and collapses only happened when she was on shift otherwise it could theoretically be another member of staff.
Also if you were on jury today and believe the prosecution i think it would be hard to think all the rest of the babies unexplained deaths were not suspicious.
If the defence agree that these attacks/assaults were intentional and try to pin it on someone else then I don't think there's anything the could say to convince me there's a different serial killer on the ward and somehow the police missed them.
The only approach that could keep me on the fence or possibly sway me to NG is to disprove the conclusions of the medical experts and demonstrate that these events could have happened accidentally or as a result of negligence.

Reactions: 11
Last week I have to admit I was edging towards not guilty, but I’ve been rethinking a few things. Even little things, like the message from her colleague saying “last night was strange” she was in the same situation as her colleague and would of thought it too, or even asked her why….,But she literally just ignored making any comment on it…. I think she did it, I think she was doing it because ( sounds sick ) she wanted some entertainment and something going on, some drama and to be involved in it. As much as none of us want to admit to ourselves I think what we have here is a cold and calculated monster in disguise. Those poor families and defenceless little babies who didn’t even get a shot at life 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I agree whole heartedly. They probably are eating themselves alive 😭 I bet the only thing giving them strength is to fight for the truth to come out 😭💔 big hugs to you it’s so tough to read for anyone so I can’t imagine how difficult from your perspective when you’ve experienced SCBU so recently too 😭 xox

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I imagine the parents feel guilty I remember when my son was in NICU I would go for a shower have some lunch at the hospital subway and then meet the midwife to check my c section scar was ok because I had infection. I felt guilty leaving him but I trusted he was in good hands . Those poor parents must be feeling so bad 😓

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Last week I have to admit I was edging towards not guilty, but I’ve been rethinking a few things. Even little things, like the message from her colleague saying “last night was strange” she was in the same situation as her colleague and would of thought it too, or even asked her why….,But she literally just ignored making any comment on it…. I think she did it, I think she was doing it because ( sounds sick ) she wanted some entertainment and something going on, some drama and to be involved in it. As much as none of us want to admit to ourselves I think what we have here is a cold and calculated monster in disguise. Those poor families 💔
What’s eating at me today is it mentioned that baby was in position where he was “only” needing feeds and stuff and she mentioned before at some point that she preferred to deal with other babies who need intensive care 😭💔

• Sad
  • Wow
I think they have proved there was opportunity, as she was the only one at the incubator when baby A collapsed. I think there were others in the room but not at the incubator. I will be looking out for opportunity for all the other charges too. It might be reasonable to doubt if Lucy was the only one with opportunity for the first couple of incidents but what about the 15th, 16th and so on. It’s going to get weaker to doubt everytime if that’s the only thing defence can offer (they might have more to offer but just my opinion if they don’t).

• Heart
  • Sad
god I feel today has been a huge turning point in this case. I feel sick. Speaking to my NHS friends about the case and a couple of people said they are so pedantic about air. Even on a grown heavy bloke just using for example. Can you imagine how careful you’d be with a tiny premature baby… this is no accident.
Exactly....always been one of my biggest "fears" over my thirty plus years if adult nursing....no matter how " busy" stretched to the limit...the fear ( possibly wrong word but struggling to verbalise my thought process today!) of introducing air accidentally into someone would NEVER make me " cut corners"...that is something i can hand on heart say!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My baby wasn't in NICU/SCBU thank god, but we did have a short stay back in hospital not long after she was born and you're just so vulnerable at that time, I'd have believed anything they said and trusted anything they did if it meant they could help my poorly baby. Those poor families probably thanked all the Dr's and nurses for their help after their babies were at worst murdered and at best severely neglected. It's bleeping heartbreaking.
Giving my bubs lots of cuddles while reading this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Last week I have to admit I was edging towards not guilty, but I’ve been rethinking a few things. Even little things, like the message from her colleague saying “last night was strange” she was in the same situation as her colleague and would of thought it too, or even asked her why….,But she literally just ignored making any comment on it…. I think she did it, I think she was doing it because ( sounds sick ) she wanted some entertainment and something going on, some drama and to be involved in it. As much as none of us want to admit to ourselves I think what we have here is a cold and calculated monster in disguise. Those poor families and defenceless little babies who didn’t even get a shot at life 💔
Me too I wasn't convinced...but Mr Johnson did say in his opening statement a " pattern would begin to emerge"
Is this the start of it I wonder?
See what defence come up with this afternoon?🤔

Reactions: 10
Me too I wasn't convinced...but Mr Johnson did say in his opening statement a " pattern would begin to emerge"
Is this the start of it I wonder?
See what defence come up with this afternoon?🤔
Yes the cross examination of Dr Dewi will be interesting and may indicate a bit more about what approach they are taking to defend this. The medical evidence so far is quite tight with both the independent medical experts giving their views and all the staff who worked on both babies saying they had never seen cases like this before.

Reactions: 7
Reading the evidence the medical experts this morning ..just finished reading Dr Bohin's evidence ( after reading up on her background)
Your last comment on this post (I haven't included it in the quote) is also posted practically verbatim in the fb group on a post. If its you on the fb group maybe edit your post(s) to avoid doxxing.
Couldn't work out how to send a message on here. If it's not you the ignore me 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Your last comment on this post (I haven't included it in the quote) is also posted practically verbatim in the fb group on a post. If its you on the fb group maybe edit your post(s) to avoid doxxing.
Couldn't work out how to send a message on here. If it's not you the ignore me 😂
Thankyou💖....my emotions got the better of me today amd not been thinking straight 😢💔💔

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Probably not my place to say this. But I’ll be lighting a candle at 7pm tonight for the babies and the families. I can’t get them out of my mind and it’s not my place to do anything publicly or anything like that. so I’ll be lighting a candle at home at 7 If anyone would like to do the same. Us tattle trolls do have a heart ❤✨

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I think they have proved there was opportunity, as she was the only one at the incubator when baby A collapsed. I think there were others in the room but not at the incubator. I will be looking out for opportunity for all the other charges too. It might be reasonable to doubt if Lucy was the only one with opportunity for the first couple of incidents but what about the 15th, 16th and so on. It’s going to get weaker to doubt everytime if that’s the only thing defence can offer (they might have more to offer but just my opinion if they don’t).
Absolutely this … How many other members of staff hand wrote a confession/ thoughts of killing those baby’s on PURPOSE.
it’s fair to say after today baby A and Baby B we’re purposely killed.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.