Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm another finding today's events very upsetting. It's been a long process leading up to today (prosecution covering all angels I'd imagine) but I feel today's evidence fairly damning to be honest.
Those poor, poor parents and families. And those poor babies. It's incomprehensible and I can imagine a lot of people following this case are going to be pretty affected by what they've heard.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
After Sandy Bohin's testimony that it could not have been accidental air embolism (because of the alerting mechanism) and Evans' testimony that it wasn't the UVC long lines - I really don't know what the defence are going to go for here.

I mean Ben tried to discredit Dewey for basically being an old fogey and out of the game too long, but he can't do that with Bohin! Also if the NCA trusted Dewey, that counts for something. It wasn't some small town police team or hospital that brought him on to investigate, it was a national bureau renowned for being the best at what they do in this country.
Exactly.....he can't continue the line of defence of discrediting these people..he just can't!
Makes me sick to my stomach to think what could come out further down the line 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I so wanted an air embolus to be a horrific accident that is quite easy to be done and unfortunately common … it’s not, this is in my eyes deliberate and calculated murder 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
You have multiple DR saying the same thing .
Both babies was doing well and like the doctor said if they wasn’t well enough they would never have allowed mum to hold child B . After tests and things and x rays it showed baby B was doing well so no reason for the sudden collapse

Not accidentally I don’t know what’s worst air injected or smothering if it wasn’t LL then who was it that’s all I can say because it’s definitely not a failing unit …. I do still think the unit was understaffed but this is definitely deliberate

Attachments

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
It’s bleak isn’t it? Public confidence shattered by police (not all individual police), public confidence now to be (potentially) shattered by the “NHS”. Bad eggs ruining it for everyone and a global pandemic, economic crisis, war, the queen… I dont mean to derail it’s just cumulatively, it feels a lot. And hearing this evidence, it’s just desolate. So incredibly sad.
I feel like shouting that it’s this sort of thing that really makes a case for more public funding to services. I’m not even sure I can feel angry at the trusts management at this point. At what point does the government take some of the responsibility?

Edit: re reading it- it’s easier for me to look at the bigger picture than it is to feel into the pain of what’s happened to those poor babies.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Something not in the reporting but how quickly would you react to an air embolus? Can there be delayed reactions? It would be interesting to hear the medical experts say that because their only conclusion is air embolus, it would have had to have been administered X amount of time before collapse. Then you can rule people in and out.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Many didn’t think much evidence for child A and B I think they have damming evidence
I also think as the trial continues and we hear about the other children that it’s going to be intresting.

when did they notice a pattern when she went from nights to days who said what and who ignored the staff’s concerns.
What did they find at her home .

Reactions: 17
Playing devils advocate as I feel this evidence today is quite damning so far, the defence only have to cast doubt that it was LL responsible. They don't have to prove that it wasn't accidental so they may not even try to discredit that. They just have to say that if it was intentional then whoever did kill them, it was not LL because (insert whatever evidence they have here).

It's a dangerous game though, as I feel the cases will worsen as we go through the evidence and the wider picture emerges and the jury may just be swayed to feeling it is LL in the absence of any other viable suspects. The defence will have a lot of work to try and prove negligence rather than murder if the consensus of the medical experts is that it had to be deliberate interference and they don't have a similar number of witnesses to offer an alternative view

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I fully support our doctors in the NHS, and they are only human so mistakes do happen. However, I cannot discredit in any way, two doctors looking at this from a solely professional point of view and not being directly involved who have the exact same overview of circumstances. Tough day today, but it definitely has made things clearer for me as to what happened in terms of baby A and B.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I fully support our doctors in the NHS, and they are only human so mistakes do happen. However, I cannot discredit in any way, two doctors looking at this from a solely professional point of view and not being directly involved who have the exact same overview of circumstances. Tough day today, but it definitely has made things clearer for me as to what happened in terms of baby A and B.
This!!!!!💔💔😢
Says it all!!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I think she went to trial thinking she might blame the fact the unit was understaffed and failing that she might get away with it But after she hears more and more and the trial goes on I think half way into the trial she will go guilty .

surely she wouldn’t put her parents through this I can’t even imagine how they feel after today’s evidence. I imagine they will be shocked

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Please take a break for those who need it, I don’t have children yet and I’m in floods of tears and feeling broken for them, we are going to hear in the trial of the babies with inflicted trauma and poor baby N who was attempted to be murdered three days in a row … lost for words 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Please take a break for those who need it, I don’t have children yet and I’m in floods of tears and feeling broken for them, we are going to hear for the babies with inflicted trauma and poor baby N who was attempted to be murdered three days in a row … lost for words 💔
I will be hugging my little one tonight at bed time so heartbreaking 💔 my son was in NICU after birth and transferred to alder hey who was absolutely amazing I couldn’t thank the staff enough I often take things to the hospital for the children and have a monthly direct debit set up to the charity . To think a nurse a trusted member if staff could do this is just heartbreaking those parents trusted her . I bet some staff have found this hard aswell knowing they worked with her and had no idea .

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think she went to trial thinking she might blame the fact the unit was understaffed and failing that she might get away with it But after she hears more and more and the trial goes on I think half way into the trial she will go guilty .

surely she wouldn’t put her parents through this I can’t even imagine how they feel after today’s evidence. I imagine they will be shocked
She may not have gone in with any explanation or excuse at all, it's her defences responsibility to build a case and I'm interested to see how they try to counter what's already been provided by the prosecution. Today's evidence doesn't look good for her, I'm still waiting until everything is heard.
If she's guilty then she's the worst serial killer we've ever seen and I doubt she would change her plea or give a tit about the family's feelings.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
These doctors will have reviewed every medical intervention of each baby, looked at results, ruled out other circumstances and finally came to a conclusion. For both to categorically say the death and non fatal collapse where caused by an air embolus..I'm taking that as fact.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Playing devils advocate as I feel this evidence today is quite damning so far, the defence only have to cast doubt that it was LL responsible. They don't have to prove that it wasn't accidental so they may not even try to discredit that. They just have to say that if it was intentional then whoever did kill them, it was not LL because (insert whatever evidence they have here).

It's a dangerous game though, as I feel the cases will worsen as we go through the evidence and the wider picture emerges and the jury may just be swayed to feeling it is LL in the absence of any other viable suspects. The defence will have a lot of work to try and prove negligence rather than murder if the consensus of the medical experts is that it had to be deliberate interference and they don't have a similar number of witnesses to offer an alternative view
That's the crux isn't it, absolutely as the experts are in agreement about the cause I don't see how they could argue that wasn't the case, I wonder if the defence will try and cast doubt over whether it was LL.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Please take a break for those who need it, I don’t have children yet and I’m in floods of tears and feeling broken for them, we are going to hear in the trial of the babies with inflicted trauma and poor baby N who was attempted to be murdered three days in a row … lost for words 💔
Me too it's literally heartbreaking...I'm too upset to even be angry...those tiny tiny babies and their families...please god ( I'm not religious btw) help them get through this!!💔

I will be hugging my little one tonight at bed time so heartbreaking 💔 my son was in NICU after birth and transferred to alder hey who was absolutely amazing I couldn’t thank the staff enough I often take things to the hospital for the children and have a monthly direct debit set up to the charity . To think a nurse a trusted member if staff could do this is just heartbreaking those parents trusted her . I bet some staff have found this hard aswell knowing they worked with her and had no idea .
You give him the biggest hug ever and so happy you had a positive experience 💖💖

• Heart
Reactions: 5
These doctors will have reviewed every medical intervention of each baby, looked at results, ruled out other circumstances and finally came to a conclusion. For both to categorically say the death and non fatal collapse where caused by an air embolus..I'm taking that as fact.
Unless the defence can find equally credible medical experts then they have no case.

Reactions: 9
I am so glad this evidence has proven that these little angels weren’t just born early and weren’t going to make it anyway or disregarded as so sick that the defence could of used that as an excuse, it’s been proven that they were murdered … the defence need to show it “could” of been someone else … this wasn’t a busy “failing” unit this was deliberate acts which look like they got more violent as they went on 💔

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
That's the crux isn't it, absolutely as the experts are in agreement about the cause I don't see how they could argue that wasn't the case, I wonder if the defence will try and cast doubt over whether it was LL.
Agreed. There was foul play but so far I haven't seen any evidence to conclude who it was that did it. I hope for the families sake that the prosecution have something to prove guilt.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.