Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreed, I was really expecting more of the defense barrister I think?! I find his questioning to be a little pedantic ? I don't see the point in it? Can someone indicate what hes trying to do? Disprove the cause of death?
I don’t know what he’s trying to do but Dr Evans is holding himself very well.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yeah, even as a student, and I'm not even a general nurse. You even need to get the air out to properly measure the medication using the measurements on the side of the syringe. With 5ml of air in there it would be sloshing around inside.
It’s forced into you very early days that you have to be careful of air bubbles when drawing meds up or giving IV fluids. I agree with the Drs today that said nurses are meticulous in making sure this doesn’t happen
Accidents are definitely out of the question then. Assuming you two know what you’re on about lol (I’m sure you do 😉) it’s down to whether the cause of death can be disputed now.

Reactions: 7
Agreed, I was really expecting more of the defense barrister I think?! I find his questioning to be a little pedantic ? I don't see the point in it? Can someone indicate what hes trying to do? Disprove the cause of death?
i wonder if he’s just going to give up? I think I would! This is just the beginning of the trial

Reactions: 6
He’s will want to plant doubt in the minds of the jury that there may have been another reason for the collapse. But it’s not working. If anything it’s just making it more certain this was nothing but air embolism. Mr Myers is asking some of the questions we’ve had on here. And Dr Evans response is removing any doubt as far as I’m concerned.

Reactions: 21
Accidents are definitely out of the question then. Assuming you two know what you’re on about lol (I’m sure you do 😉) it’s down to whether the cause of death can be disputed now.
I like to think I do ha, but the experts have also confirmed it’s not an accident. I find it extremely difficult to believe 5mls can be an accident, or even incompetence.

Reactions: 11
I like to think I do ha, but the experts have also confirmed it’s not an accident. I find it extremely difficult to believe 5mls can be an accident, or even incompetence.
Definitely no accident!!!!
5mls...shocking!!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I think it’s also important to point out his response here as I know confirmation bias has been discussed. It’s not the case that every case the police give him he finds a cause that fits a crime.

He adds that in past cases, he has been brought in by police and the conclusion was accidental, so the case was closed with no further police involvement.

He was asked to investigate 33 cases in total, with two insulin cases later.

He said there were two babies were born in unsurvivable conditions, with obvious medical diagnoses.

He said: "The name Lucy Letby meant nothing to me. I didn't know the staff.

"I was the easiest physician and the most difficult. I was a blank sheet of paper. I had no idea and relied entirely on the evidence I could see from the clinical notes and applying my clinical experience and forming an opinion to the cause."

• Heart
Reactions: 24
For It’s more maybe I could see it once being a mistake from someone, it’s got to happen to someone i suppose, but it’s not gonna have happened 3 times in a month.

Reactions: 13
For It’s more maybe I could see it once being a mistake from someone, it’s got to happen to someone i suppose, but it’s not gonna have happened 3 times in a month.
I’m sure one poster on here had a theory that Child A could have been accidental but for some twisted reason set LL off on a path of terror towards the other babies .

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think it’s also important to point out his response here as I know confirmation bias has been discussed. It’s not the case that every case the police give him he finds a cause that fits a crime.

He adds that in past cases, he has been brought in by police and the conclusion was accidental, so the case was closed with no further police involvement.

He was asked to investigate 33 cases in total, with two insulin cases later.

He said there were two babies were born in unsurvivable conditions, with obvious medical diagnoses.

He said: "The name Lucy Letby meant nothing to me. I didn't know the staff.

"I was the easiest physician and the most difficult. I was a blank sheet of paper. I had no idea and relied entirely on the evidence I could see from the clinical notes and applying my clinical experience and forming an opinion to the cause."
The fact he said he believes he’s the first one to have mentioned air embolus is strong too, putting himself on the line there

Reactions: 9
I’m sure one poster on here had a theory that Child A could have been accidental but for some twisted reason set LL off on a path of terror towards the other babies .
Might have been me lol, I was saying how the pattern doesn’t seem to show escalation and there’s a good chance she’d innocently be present at a child’s death in a year period, when the gaps get filled in it’ll all make sense

Reactions: 1
Christ, the NCA were involved? I assumed the criminal investigation was only led by Chester police.... That puts a different spin on it for me in terms of how serious this is and how involved the investigation would have been, because NCA deal with major crimes.

The intelligence analysts giving testimony for child A and B would have been NCA then. I did wonder who they worked for.
For me, that goes some way to explaining why it's taken so long to bring the case together.

Also the fact that it's been, what, 4 weeks? And we are still on child A/B shows the enormity of the entire thing.

FWIW I think today's expert witnesses have been pretty damning for the defence. Very sure it was a deliberate air embolus and lots of references to the mottling.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Lol at the defence referring to a 1989 study and Dr Dewi having an immediate come back. Surely he could have found a more up to date report than one from 33 years ago to make his point better?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
All I can say today is that I hope those babies are resting in peace and their families are being supported.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.