Lucy Letby Case #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Christ, the NCA were involved? I assumed the criminal investigation was only led by Chester police.... That puts a different spin on it for me in terms of how serious this is and how involved the investigation would have been, because NCA deal with major crimes.

The intelligence analysts giving testimony for child A and B would have been NCA then. I did wonder who they worked for.

Reactions: 17
Guilty. Maybe, just maybe, not on all. After these cases are decided there will be more to come.
Oh, and I’m not rising to any obvious baiting.

😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This was good detail in Mark's article.

The doctor said: “As I stated at the time I didn’t appreciate the clinical significance of this whatsoever. Over time, having seen it on further occasions and in retrospect, absolutely.”

When suggested to him by Mr Myers that he had not actually seen such discolouration, Dr Jayaram said: “As a paediatrician of 30 years and a doctor of 32 years, if my character was such that I would make things up I would hope, friends, colleagues, doctors, nurses, parents, families, would have picked up on this before now.”

If Ben Myers is going to question the integrity of all the 15-20+ experts and witnesses, it's going to come across very ridiculous to the jury.Not sure it's a great defence strategy to just blame everyone else for lying/misremembering. You can do it for one, it looks paranoid to blame all of them. Discrediting all the witnesses and experts only works if your client is a paragon of virtue and we've already seen she wasn't - she certainly made mistakes and wasn't meticulous or expressing any concerns herself over these children, other than stalking parents on FB.
This! ! so it does appear that the defence are trying discredit that there ever was a rash/mottling whatever you want to call it. Seems an odd line of defence imo, when letby herself referenced it!

Reactions: 12
Something that struck me as slightly odd was one doctor (Sandie something I think?) described one of the babies as crying/screaming in a really unusual way. She said she’d never heard a premature baby cry like that. Can’t remember which baby it was, but it stated it was born at 36 weeks which isn’t crazily premature.
I don’t really know what I’m even getting at but I did wonder could they be trying to alter to fit the narrative (maybe not!)
I just think it’s odd how they keep saying about these things they’ve never seen before, I just don’t fully trust some of the evidence given by doctors so far

Found it - Child N.

he was only apparently only a couple of weeks premature and babies really can scream, I’m sure of course more so if they are in pain/discomfort etc but I know they can scream if they’re hungry too. Obviously in this little one’s case he had a lot going on which could’ve caused the screaming,
hope I make some sense??
… anyways ignore me I can’t sleep and am rambling 😄
The Dr saying that made me feel so sad. The baby would have had it’s nutritional needs met (either by bottle, ng tube or TPN). It would/should not have been hungry.
That baby was, most likely, in severe pain, and to think that pain could have been inflicted intentionally.
The smaller babies who would be unable to cry? Horrendous.
That’s what brought it home to me. Sadistic.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
He said Child A "had survived the most dangerous journey of his life" and, although he needed care for feeding himself, he "was doing really, really well" and "everyone one the unit would have been really pleased with how he was."

So Dr Evans an independent Dr agrees that baby A was doing well and in his medical opinion "there was no way this could have been done by accident".
So if its not Lucy [ who just so happened to be on shift when all these poor babies were dying] who was it …..

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Fair point about sub judice. I know Tattle doesn't necessarily fall under the UK jurisdiction for this sort of thing. But since you've created the Wiki, I'd be careful about not adding anything non trial related as it could be held as contempt of court. Wouldn't risk it if I were you!
But with this in mind then it’s probably better to rename the title? As it’s not really accurate.

Dr Evans:

Somehow air had got into the circulation...I found this opinion without knowing about the rash and without anybody suggesting expressing concern of air embolus.

He rules out other conditions such as sepsis, a lack of fluids or hypoxia as causes, or contributing factors to the collapse.

He said he had "only one" conclusion, that Child A had received an air embolus, "through an IV line".

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Third medical expert Dr Sandi Bohin

Dr Bohin says she was asked to peer review Dr Evans's reports and was to find whether she agreed with them, disagreed with them, or had additional findings to present.

She has also considered other findings from other independent experts in the case.

The UVC placement and long line placement did not have any contribution to Child A's death, Dr Bohin tells the court.

Was the stopping of breathing for Child A caused by his prematurity, the prosecution asks.

Dr Bohin said it could be ruled out as there were no previous episodes, and caffeine had already been administered to counteract it as a precaution.

She says the "only plausible explanation" for Child A's collapse is an air embolus.

Oh wow this is new information…. can anyone here elaborate?

Dr Bohin said doctors and nurses are "absolutely meticilous" in making sure even "the tiniest air bubble" is not injected by accident into a patient's circulation.

She adds that even if air was accidentally administered, there is an electronic pump system which would detect the air and stop the administration.

Dr Bohin explains to the court that could be bypassed further down the line by administering the air embolus via a connector normally used for administering drugs.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Dr Bohin said doctors and nurses are "absolutely meticilous" in making sure even "the tiniest air bubble" is not injected by accident into a patient's circulation.

She adds that even if air was accidentally administered, there is an electronic pump system which would detect the air and stop the administration.

Dr Bohin explains to the court that could be bypassed further down the line by administering the air embolus via a connector normally used for administering drugs.

😢

• Sad
Reactions: 14
This is just horrific to read 😢 I hope everyone is okay on here, I know this could be hugely triggering for many people. ❤

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Can any hospital staff here elaborate on the electronic pump system and being able to bypass it?

Reactions: 5
Holy tit. Stomach flipping.
I wonder how easy or quick that would be to do though, as the evidence so far has others in the room with LL when she allegedly did this and the window of opportunity was around 5 to 10 mins or something wasn't it?

Definitely quite damning evidence though. Be interesting to see how the defence try and counter this

Reactions: 9
I wonder how easy or quick that would be to do though, as the evidence so far has others in the room with LL when she allegedly did this and the window of opportunity was around 5 to 10 mins or something wasn't it?

Definitely quite damning evidence though. Be interesting to see how the defence try and counter this
I assume it’s a connector that already exists? Which wouldn’t be used for line placement or UVC. But I’d like to understand the electronic pump system as it’s not been mentioned before now. But wondering how that works to prevent accidental air embolus.

Reactions: 4

Timings wise I’m still confused, it seems we’ve not had much clear information on that from the press. It’s hard to know what the timings really were!

Reactions: 4
Horrific reading this morning. Please everyone take care and take time out if needed.

I have to be honest, I was on the fence about baby A but it seems so certain this was not an accident. It’s heartbreaking. Aside from being there, it doesn’t necessarily prove that LL did it - but I’m sure more evidence is going to point towards her.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.