Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been watching some of Lucys home stuff but I find her to be a bit much with her constant "poor-me-feel-sorry-for-me" attitude. It really bothers me, but then again I kind of got a wtf moment years ago when she had a rant in one of her videos about influencers buying designer bags. She was sooooooo normal and poor and relatable, then 5 sec later whipped out a big Mulberry bag (I think it was the Bayswater bag) that she got gifted from a boyfriend. Shortly after that, she made a video about her leaving university to be an influencer as a full-time job. That confused me like, you go about being so relatable and poor and then quit uni without a job/security or anything (at last that she told her views), so must have made quite a bit of money from ads?

I watch her videoes from time to time, but her attitude does put me off at times, she tries too hard to be relatable.

On another note, her bathroom looks ok but would it not be more practical to have a shower instead of a bathtub? I am also wondering why they did the bathroom now, they want to extend the kitchen out in the garden, would that not mean that they have to extend the bathroom as well since it is beside the kitchen?
I thought she graduated uni and then started the magazine stuff? And then when sugar scape closed that when she became a full time influencer?

Reactions: 10
I thought she graduated uni and then started the magazine stuff? And then when sugar scape closed that when she became a full time influencer?
Yeah this is definitely what happened, I feel like she didn't even come to YouTube until quite a few years after she finished uni.

Reactions: 4
Yeah this is definitely what happened, I feel like she didn't even come to YouTube until quite a few years after she finished uni.
I had to look on her channel and it turns out she did drop out at uni, but it was when she was 18 or something (i could not be bothered to watch the whole thing) link

Why am I remembering her making a comment about leaving uni for the influencer lifestyle, I must be thinking about someone else.

• Wow
Hey Lucy thanks for reminding me I'm working Fri-Mon this week 😭
Screenshot_20210715-205338.png

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Hey Lucy thanks for reminding me I'm working Fri-Mon this week 😭
I know that that filter she is using is making her skin look nice, but her lips have no color and the bangs could use some styling (that's why I can never go for bangs, I would only be clipping them away from my face).

I think she said they went with the bath as it was more appealing to potential buyers but it seems a bit redundant when the whole bathroom is such a specific style that most buyers will want to rip it out and replace it all anyway 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I think she said they went with the bath as it was more appealing to potential buyers but it seems a bit redundant when the whole bathroom is such a specific style that most buyers will want to rip it out and replace it all anyway 🤷‍♀️
But it shows a bath fits in the space :) that’s the main thing and it’s less work to get that ripped out and replaced than have to get more plumping done based on just a shower

Reactions: 5
Her face looks so different now, I can't put my finger on it. Is it the hair colour or the eyebrows? She looks great in that old video with the uni drop out story.
I'd say the filter completely washes out any of her features! And personal opinion, I think straight dark hair suits her so much more than the lighter mullet 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Yeah I think that's it, I guess I liked the dark hair and the side part a lot better on her, it framed and opened up her face nicely. Now her features looked swallowed by her haircut and her face blends into the hair colour. :censored:

Reactions: 7
The fringe is too think. If she’d gone a little thinner and more gappy it would have looked 1000% better. Something like this is obviously what she seems to be going for but she’s just missed the mark… and that sort of fringe suits a round face like Lucy’s

7A0AAE5E-6F9C-4E1F-BD4A-3E4EFE1733BE.jpeg
8BB1572E-B9AD-42A1-BA69-0790784542F3.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Oh hey! TMJ/bruxism sufferer here, I feel ya.

Is Lucy trying to suggest her job is stressful? Cos, yeah, no.
I'm currently REALLY suffering with TMJ, basically in constant pain and taking pain to get through my daily life and waiting on doctor referrals which isn't a quick process. Thanks Lucy I'll just relax my jaw lol

• Sad
  • Heart
I'm currently REALLY suffering with TMJ, basically in constant pain and taking pain to get through my daily life and waiting on doctor referrals which isn't a quick process. Thanks Lucy I'll just relax my jaw lol
Off topic but I’ve been through every process available on the NHS and the only thing I’ve ever found remotely helpful is a really sturdy mouth guard for using when sleeping for when you have even less control over the clenching. I had acupuncture for a while and personally didn’t find it helpful but the person that gave me acupuncture taught me some exercises which do feel like they loosen off the jaw, although it obviously doesn’t really help solve the issue just eases things ever so slightly when the jaw is particularly tight and sore. I’ve been referred for surgery before and the surgeon basically talked me out of getting it because the risks were much worse than any potential benefit but that was a long time ago and I’m quite tempted to contact a private surgeon and see what options are available nowadays…

I hope you get your referrals soon and can get some help. Sending lots of love because it really isn’t an easy thing to live with ❤

• Heart
Off topic but I’ve been through every process available on the NHS and the only thing I’ve ever found remotely helpful is a really sturdy mouth guard for using when sleeping for when you have even less control over the clenching. I had acupuncture for a while and personally didn’t find it helpful but the person that gave me acupuncture taught me some exercises which do feel like they loosen off the jaw, although it obviously doesn’t really help solve the issue just eases things ever so slightly when the jaw is particularly tight and sore. I’ve been referred for surgery before and the surgeon basically talked me out of getting it because the risks were much worse than any potential benefit but that was a long time ago and I’m quite tempted to contact a private surgeon and see what options are available nowadays…

I hope you get your referrals soon and can get some help. Sending lots of love because it really isn’t an easy thing to live with ❤
I don't want to derail the thread from Lucy but just wanted to say thank you so much, I feel like it's such a long process to try and find a solution on the NHS and it's hard to explain to anyone in real life how painful and hard it is!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don't want to derail the thread from Lucy but just wanted to say thank you so much, I feel like it's such a long process to try and find a solution on the NHS and it's hard to explain to anyone in real life how painful and hard it is!
Just to add to this, I was able to get a mouth guard via my dentist (NHS) so that might be worth a try. Loving all the support for our grinding/clenching babes on this thread! ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.