Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t watched the stairs videos - too many and tbh look boring 🤣 I admire her effort though!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
View attachment 649580
View attachment 649582

I don't mind it. it's a bit different to what everyone else is getting but I bet you have to style it after every wash and also possibly on sweaty, humid days so it doesn't indeed look like a mullet
Her hairdresser needs to tone the blonde bits in the fringe so the fringe is all brunette, having random streaks of blonde make it look greasy and thinner. Think it needs to be a bit shorter in the middle as well so the ends kinda curve out

Reactions: 3
I can’t believe she’s even advertising bloody bread. She’ll advertise anything.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I like it when Lucy is funny without trying too hard
Screenshot_20210709-231935.png

But this? There are content creators out there who would be a better choice to send a hamper full of vegan foods to. Like, OK, I know Lucy is a bit of a foodie, but her and Adam rarely eat anything vegetarian/vegan or express the wish to eat more vegetarian.
On the other hand, you never know, you might convert someone (at least partially) and they will be more likely to try veggie/vegan food in the future.
(Maybe I am just jealous? I love Gosh and would love a hamper like this).
Also, I wonder how they picked who to send it to. Lucy Moon got one too.
1625869820286.png

Reactions: 4
I just can’t stand that every other post is an advert for something. Nothing feels overly genuine really. I know this is the way of the influencer but I wish Lucy and influencers in general could space out their ads in their content so it didn’t feel so constant.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I just can’t stand that every other post is an advert for something. Nothing feels overly genuine really. I know this is the way of the influencer but I wish Lucy and influencers in general could space out their ads in their content so it didn’t feel so constant.
I feel like they just get greedy and lazy thought and so there isn't much other 'content' other than ADs

Reactions: 7
I know design is subjective but I just needed to post to say how awful I find her design choices so far- especially the bathroom! For their size/style of house it really looks bad and way too try hard- it'll date so quickly too. Considering how small their bathroom is something simple would have looked much better (I'm thinking of something like the Sorry Girls bathroom videos). Maybe you could argue shes trying to put some personality into the choices but they're just so 'trendy' and try hard theres so personality anyway

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Agree, there is far too much going on in that bathroom. The tiles are nice, but combined with tesco flooring its way too busy, one or the other should have been left plain. And the bath is ridiculous, what a pain to clean behind.

I actually love Lucy's design choices, her living room particularly, but I don't think they're thinking it through at all so I can see it not aging well.
I find the bathroom extremely busy and like a mish mash of different trends (the pretty pink tiles, the terrazzo flooring, the golden accents, the free standing bath...). That bath would look great as a soaker tub in a bigger space with loads of space around it to make cleaning easy, but definitely not crammed in such a small space. I also don't understand why they're going for a kitchen extension after re-doing the bathroom... It would have made more sense to wait and get a bigger bathroom out of the extension imo.

I think when she got a fridge that could only be kept in the living room it really confirmed that she’s only here for the ~trendy stuff and not things that actually work for the house and the space.

Reactions: 18
I actually love Lucy's design choices, her living room particularly, but I don't think they're thinking it through at all so I can see it not aging well.
I find the bathroom extremely busy and like a mish mash of different trends (the pretty pink tiles, the terrazzo flooring, the golden accents, the free standing bath...). That bath would look great as a soaker tub in a bigger space with loads of space around it to make cleaning easy, but definitely not crammed in such a small space. I also don't understand why they're going for a kitchen extension after re-doing the bathroom... It would have made more sense to wait and get a bigger bathroom out of the extension imo.
You're right actually, some of the pieces she picks for spaces such as the living room are quite nice and things I'd have in my own home. I guess its the totally renovated areas like the bathroom where there's too much going on and it doesn't suit. I was being too harsh tho!

Reactions: 6
Agree, there is far too much going on in that bathroom. The tiles are nice, but combined with tesco flooring its way too busy, one or the other should have been left plain. And the bath is ridiculous, what a pain to clean behind.
I can't get over the bath. It's so stupid. She talks about making compromises and scaling down on dream ideas and working with what is appropriate for her home/space but then gets that bath with a shower over it! Honestly why would you design in a feature which meant more cleaning?! Surely you renovate to make things easier and more suitable for living in.

It also killed me that she built in a shower curtain. I hate shower curtains and if I had total design freedom I would do everything possible to avoid one.

Reactions: 14
And the blond bits that kind of make the rest of hair look greasy. Like, the colour should be better blended between the lightest and darkest colour .
Eek!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.