Lucy Jane Wood Lucy Jane Wo….#AD.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At this rate it seems Lucy will redecorate any area/room of her house if there is an ad involved….

Reactions: 9
I would guess she is trying to write a novel, possibly a YA book.

Lots of food ads on on her insta mean she has the money for her extension or new kitchen, (I spotted sainsburys and too good to go).

Those loose fabric dungarees she has been wearing recently are not her friends.

Reactions: 9
I find Lucy’s online presence super interesting nowadays. She put in the time to build a loyal audience, and arguably helped pioneer the ‘mid size fashion’ space. That really endeared her to a lot of us who felt a bit left out as it used to be either size 6-10 or plus size fashion influencers. Since covid she’s slowly but surely pulled back. Fair enough she pushed herself to keep making those fashion videos even after they stopped feeling comfortable in order to save for a deposit. But also think she kept close tabs on her tattle thread and started to pull back content wise even more severely once people started posting critical things about her. That’s my theory anyways. I get the vibe she’s not someone who does very well with criticism or scrutiny (I mean who does haha) and that was the final straw with her and posting regularly on YouTube.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I find Lucy’s online presence super interesting nowadays.
I don't like criticism, but do try and be polite and always say thank you when I get corrected at work. People make mistakes all the time, both at work and in life, but you have to accept that as a public figure, you have put yourself and your content out there and people can say whatever they want. A lot of influencers seem to have a breakdown every time someone asks them questions, gave feedback / constructive criticism, or doesn't agree with them. A lot of them live in their own bubble, with a lot of freebies, money, and time on their hands.

Reactions: 11
Screenshot_20211101-163016_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20211101-163027_Instagram.jpg

I hate when influencers do that 🙄 It's worth a story and a post but no info on what the project is.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Agree, it is just irritating. We don’t care about the achievement if we don’t even know what it is. Why bother posting?

Reactions: 12
She's not mentioned wanting to write a book before has she!? That's instantly where my mind goes when anyone mentions any secret project :LOL:

Reactions: 10
She's not mentioned wanting to write a book before has she!? That's instantly where my mind goes when anyone mentions any secret project :LOL:
It's not usually where my mind goes for other influencers but I think you're onto something with her 👀 She's mentioned "writing" on her stories before and Tattlers thought she might be doing freelance work but couldn't find anything recent... I wouldn't have thought she had enough of a following for anyone to give her a book deal, but something that substantial would definitely explain her ads and sporadic content!

Reactions: 7
This is actually a really good shout, you could be onto something there!

I wonder what she'd write about though? Fiction? Something about bopo/mid-sized bodies? It would seem a bit disingenuous if it's the latter as she's moved away from that content in recent years.

If it is a book, AT LEAST she has actually got a background in professional writing... unlike a lot of these influencers who are given the opportunity to churn out books based solely on their follower numbers. Did she study English Lit or something similar at Uni or have I made that up?

Reactions: 8
This is actually a really good shout, you could be onto something there!

I wonder what she'd write about though? Fiction? Something about bopo/mid-sized bodies? It would seem a bit disingenuous if it's the latter as she's moved away from that content in recent years.

If it is a book, AT LEAST she has actually got a background in professional writing... unlike a lot of these influencers who are given the opportunity to churn out books based solely on their follower numbers. Did she study English Lit or something similar at Uni or have I made that up?
I think it was either English lit or like journalism she studied. It was definitely a writing / literary course through.

But I feel like she’d write fiction, and would really push the narrative that it’s not just another YouTuber writing a book that she’s a serious author etc etc.

Lol I think I have had enough of the "fake-humble-can-only-afford-tiny-rundown-cottage-in-London-Lucy"
1635878092629.png

Also why would Lucy be bringing up some old Tweet. I guess it's kind of relevant to her situation and all that has been discussed here for a while but it's an old Tweet so can't have been referring to Lucy personally?
1635878170132.png

Reactions: 3
Lol I think I have had enough of the "fake-humble-can-only-afford-tiny-rundown-cottage-in-London-Lucy"
View attachment 843284

Also why would Lucy be bringing up some old Tweet. I guess it's kind of relevant to her situation and all that has been discussed here for a while but it's an old Tweet so can't have been referring to Lucy personally?
View attachment 843287
I don't think she's implying that second tweet is about her? Just that she found it relatable

Reactions: 14
Mark my words, she'll be writing a cringe YA novel about a fat lass.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Mark my words, she'll be writing a cringe YA novel about a fat lass.
This is what I expect from her too. If not YA then it’ll be some ‘romance’ novel which she thinks is going to be the next Bridget Jones…

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I could be way off but the reason I thought 'book' is because the milestone could easily be submitting a first draft/ hitting a word count target. I do think it seems possible but it would have to be based on merit/ the book proposal being good and not because of her follower count. I reckon a YA novel is a good shout. At least Lucy actually enjoys and talks about reading and has some writing experience.

Watch it be something completely different now!

A new house? Or is that out of reach? I don’t see them having a baby just yet, I reckon they’d want to move first?
Or maybe it’s some brand campaign

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.