Lucy Goes Dating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we stop giving bianca the attention she clearly craves?! Or can she get her own thread because she is loving how much this thread has switched to be about her 🙄

Reactions: 6
Lucy may be gone but I want to know what she'll do next. Can't see the blog or Twitter coming back but maybe that just means it's more likely she'll get her 'happy ending' once she's back on the apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I think long term being off twitter will be better for Lucy's mental health but id like to see her come back, with nude snaps and an only fans to piss a certain person off 😁
Lucy may be gone but I want to know what she'll do next. Can't see the blog or Twitter coming back but maybe that just means it's more likely she'll get her 'happy ending' once she's back on the apps.

Reactions: 2
The reason it keeps coming back to B is because it’s all toxic Twitter! I’d be happier if we could create a thread on EA and his predatory ways though!

Seeing all the comments here made me check out Twitter again, and I'm genuinely bemused that people think having a PUBLIC Twitter feed and blog (even if anonymous) detailing personal details and interactions of relationships, like they're a circus act, is normal or moral. It doesn't matter if names and details are hidden, because it is a public blog/account that her dates can and will stumble across themselves. When you get to 11k followers, surely you realise you need to be militant about separating irl friends from anon account friends. Her blog may have been anonymous but her Twitter certainly wasn't. And her Twitter is connected to her blog, and links blog viewers to it. A Twitter feed that has photos of her face and body, barely hidden, is NOT anonymous. She herself noted that she had people on dating apps recognise her, previous dates have found her blog, and I recognised her as I work in the same industry and follow her work and her anon blog.

Is it hard to comprehend that her industry will have a lot of singles who seek out dating blogs, are on dating sites and follow dating accounts on Twitter? It feels like people forget that it's not just people in your Twitter verse who can see these things, it's anyone who has ever seached, 'dating blog', 'dating stories', 'dating London', or heard her BBC podcast and read about it in the METRO. The men she is writing about fall into these categories! Anyone who has ever seen Dating Dad on the telly or heard his podcast will come across her. The Metro even had a photo of her that would be easy to recognise with her hair and build. She may have been doxxed by someone in quite a cruel way, but using personal relationships and tearing your dates apart brutally, to generate Twitter followers and create entertainment, is in bad taste. Writing publically about other people's most intimate moments, without their consent or knowledge, as a hobby is not commendable. And if so many people knew who you were even before this doxxing, then you have been lazy with maintaining anonymity - which is the ONLY thing an anon blogger should be focused on.

Reactions: 13
For me it was when someone posted her address (I think or maybe just location?) that I thought it went a bit far. Yes someone could probably find that out from just her name but that bit still felt like it could have been avoided.

Reactions: 3
And that's just the thing isn't it? She thinks it's ok for her to do that stuff, but anyone that calls her out on it is wrong, and now this post doing the same thing about her is classed as 'abhorrent'. So, like, where's the line of what's ok to say about someone in the public domain and what's not ok to say about someone in the, uh, public domain?

Seeing all the comments here made me check out Twitter again, and I'm genuinely bemused that people think having a PUBLIC Twitter feed and blog (even if anonymous) detailing personal details and interactions of relationships, like they're a circus act, is normal or moral. It doesn't matter if names and details are hidden, because it is a public blog/account that her dates can and will stumble across themselves. When you get to 11k followers, surely you realise you need to be militant about separating irl friends from anon account friends. Her blog may have been anonymous but her Twitter certainly wasn't. And her Twitter is connected to her blog, and links blog viewers to it. A Twitter feed that has photos of her face and body, barely hidden, is NOT anonymous. She herself noted that she had people on dating apps recognise her, previous dates have found her blog, and I recognised her as I work in the same industry and follow her work and her anon blog.

Is it hard to comprehend that her industry will have a lot of singles who seek out dating blogs, are on dating sites and follow dating accounts on Twitter? It feels like people forget that it's not just people in your Twitter verse who can see these things, it's anyone who has ever seached, 'dating blog', 'dating stories', 'dating London', or heard her BBC podcast and read about it in the METRO. The men she is writing about fall into these categories! Anyone who has ever seen Dating Dad on the telly or heard his podcast will come across her. The Metro even had a photo of her that would be easy to recognise with her hair and build. She may have been doxxed by someone in quite a cruel way, but using personal relationships and tearing your dates apart brutally, to generate Twitter followers and create entertainment, is in bad taste. Writing publically about other people's most intimate moments, without their consent or knowledge, as a hobby is not commendable. And if so many people knew who you were even before this doxxing, then you have been lazy with maintaining anonymity - which is the ONLY thing an anon blogger should be focused on.
I was shocked too, like someone knows her first name and she flips? But she posted a phone bill?

Doxxing is definitely cruel and unneccessary. And I do sympathise with that. But as she herself mentioned in the Metro article, if any one of her dates read her blog they'd have every right to be upset. She even wrote that she knew it was wrong but didn't know how to stop! And this is before she started getting quite nasty in how she wrote about them, and started sharing even more personal information on Twitter about them. So she was aware that what she was doing was wrong, and just ramped it up instead. The blog may have started out as an honest attempt to anonymously document and share her dating journey (and she was very careful in the early years) but that morphed into a callous Twitter follower generating exercise with all attention to anonymity out the window. It was always bound to come crashing down at the rate it was going, getting more and more lax about anonymity, but maybe this way she has stopped it before people she really cares about came across it. And she can go back to blogging and sharing like the old days - quietly and anonymously.

Reactions: 4
Doxxing is definitely cruel and unneccessary. And I do sympathise with that. But as she herself mentioned in the Metro article, if any one of her dates read her blog they'd have every right to be upset. She even wrote that she knew it was wrong but didn't know how to stop! And this is before she started getting quite nasty in how she wrote about them, and started sharing even more personal information on Twitter about them. So she was aware that what she was doing was wrong, and just ramped it up instead. The blog may have started out as an honest attempt to anonymously document and share her dating journey (and she was very careful in the early years) but that morphed into a callous Twitter follower generating exercise with all attention to anonymity out the window. It was always bound to come crashing down at the rate it was going, getting more and more lax about anonymity, but maybe this way she has stopped it before people she really cares about came across it. And she can go back to blogging and sharing like the old days - quietly and anonymously.
I'm confused though, we can tweet/write/talk about our dates etc. Which is the part that bothered you?

Tweet/writing about dates is ok, as long as they anonymous, and the poster is anonymous and no screenshots of private messages/communications are shared. I don't think people realise you can get in legal trouble for publishing private Whatsapp messages sent to you without consent. Even publishing photos of a d**kpic someone sends you can be illegal.

So, if per chance your blogs/tweets could be linked to a person, and there is defamation or something personal shared without consent, they could take legal action. Also, it's just not very nice is it to find your date or relationship all over the internet for everyone to see... In most cases, they probably can't be traced to a person, but when there are repeated posts and screenshots of the same person, it makes it more likely to be found out.

I think for LGD, the public sharing of screenshots of a Whatsapp convo between her and YC discussing a client, could definitely be seen as a serious breach of privacy, for both YC, their company and her client. Unless they all consented. Similarly YC could find the detailing of his personal relationship with Lockdown Girl on Twitter a major privacy breach, unless he shared consent.

The legal side is really interesting! I see lots of dating bloggers fall afoul of it, probably becuase it's not the kind of thing they bother teaching at all their fancy conferences and award shows.

One of her clique let this slip yesterday. They’re not helping her by defending her, it just keeps the drama ongoing.
Funny how hard Lucy’s friends are defending her and calling us tattlers nasty things but these same friends pick apart other women on Twitter all the time and they never get pulled up on it. Double standards

Tweet/writing about dates is ok, as long as they anonymous, and the poster is anonymous and no screenshots of private messages/communications are shared. I don't think people realise you can get in legal trouble for publishing private Whatsapp messages sent to you without consent. Even publishing photos of a d**kpic someone sends you can be illegal.

So, if per chance your blogs/tweets could be linked to a person, and there is defamation or something personal shared without consent, they could take legal action. Also, it's just not very nice is it to find your date or relationship all over the internet for everyone to see... In most cases, they probably can't be traced to a person, but when there are repeated posts and screenshots of the same person, it makes it more likely to be found out.

I think for LGD, the public sharing of screenshots of a Whatsapp convo between her and YC discussing a client, could definitely be seen as a serious breach of privacy, for both YC, their company and her client. Unless they all consented. Similarly YC could find the detailing of his personal relationship with Lockdown Girl on Twitter a major privacy breach, unless he shared consent.
but we all talk about our lives. That isn't defamation! Look at Meghan and Harry talking about all those private convos on TV.

I don't think it's defamation, especially if people aren't named. And none of us know whether any of it is even true! It may be a moral grey area but people use Twitter like that all the time, live tweeting dates and events, chatting about relationships.

Also, the person would have to firstly identify themselves, reasonably expect that others may too and it could have a financial impact on themselves, and then pay through the nose for a lawyer in order to prove it. Ironically what we're doing here is probably closer to actionable defamation than her blog/twitter.

I don't think it's defamation, especially if people aren't named. And none of us know whether any of it is even true! It may be a moral grey area but people use Twitter like that all the time, live tweeting dates and events, chatting about relationships.

Also, the person would have to firstly identify themselves, reasonably expect that others may too and it could have a financial impact on themselves, and then pay through the nose for a lawyer in order to prove it. Ironically what we're doing here is probably closer to actionable defamation than her blog/twitter.
this is interesting. Regardless of the legality, sharing screenshots (rather than summarising messages) seems unfair if the sender doesn’t know! I assume Charlie did know about the screenshots ahead, as he said when he wrote his blogpost that she had showed her posts to him before they went live.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.