Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Windowtothewall

Chatty Member
I am not part of this Twitter-verse being talked about here. Twitter and blogs are also read by people not on Twitter. Found this site because i googled her blog to see if the address had changed. I commented because I was genuinely horrified that a blogger who featured in Metro (where I first heard of her), and is on podcasts could post so much incriminating information about her colleague and others. Anonymous blogging about others carries a responsibility to ensure your own anonymity, and posting photos in lingerie with your face and very distinctive hair visible is not being anonymous!! In the Metro article she even writes that she worries about the screenshots she shares, and the invasion of privacy. But then she has gone on to do it on Twitter, where she is trying to increase her follower count, which means even more people are seeing it than just on a blog.

There are plenty of people who know who Lucy is based on her sharing those photos. Also the London dating app pool is small particularly if you're in a certain age bracket - so I have some friends who have come across her app profile as well.

It has baffled me why there was so much sharing of the YC story and others on Twitter. Especially when she is so successful at her day job and has a good following on her professional account - so she doesn't need the attention from strangers. She comes across really personable and lovely on her work blog, so the contrast with this alter ego is confusing. I assume the anonymous profile is the more honest one. I think the trouble started when she tried to merge an anonymous dating profile account with her real life - there was too much information on there, in public, to maintain anonymity.

Reactions: 13

Windowtothewall

Chatty Member
Seeing all the comments here made me check out Twitter again, and I'm genuinely bemused that people think having a PUBLIC Twitter feed and blog (even if anonymous) detailing personal details and interactions of relationships, like they're a circus act, is normal or moral. It doesn't matter if names and details are hidden, because it is a public blog/account that her dates can and will stumble across themselves. When you get to 11k followers, surely you realise you need to be militant about separating irl friends from anon account friends. Her blog may have been anonymous but her Twitter certainly wasn't. And her Twitter is connected to her blog, and links blog viewers to it. A Twitter feed that has photos of her face and body, barely hidden, is NOT anonymous. She herself noted that she had people on dating apps recognise her, previous dates have found her blog, and I recognised her as I work in the same industry and follow her work and her anon blog.

Is it hard to comprehend that her industry will have a lot of singles who seek out dating blogs, are on dating sites and follow dating accounts on Twitter? It feels like people forget that it's not just people in your Twitter verse who can see these things, it's anyone who has ever seached, 'dating blog', 'dating stories', 'dating London', or heard her BBC podcast and read about it in the METRO. The men she is writing about fall into these categories! Anyone who has ever seen Dating Dad on the telly or heard his podcast will come across her. The Metro even had a photo of her that would be easy to recognise with her hair and build. She may have been doxxed by someone in quite a cruel way, but using personal relationships and tearing your dates apart brutally, to generate Twitter followers and create entertainment, is in bad taste. Writing publically about other people's most intimate moments, without their consent or knowledge, as a hobby is not commendable. And if so many people knew who you were even before this doxxing, then you have been lazy with maintaining anonymity - which is the ONLY thing an anon blogger should be focused on.

Reactions: 13

skyehigh

Chatty Member
I miss the tweets but only because I'm definitely some kind of Twitter masochist. She was SO rude to anyone who ever responded to her lame tweets

LGD: what should I have for dinner?
Random twitter: pasta?
LGD: I ate pasta yesterday.*

* fuck off how dare you tweet me

• Haha
Reactions: 10

LeftToMyOwnDevices

I found this thread and posted regarding Lucy. It has since been somewhat hijacked into a Bianca thread and I have nothing to add on that, so not backed off at all, just thread has completely changed.
I suspect this may be the same for some of the other earlier posters?
Yes this ⬆ I agree with @DirtyWindow
I’ve no idea who Bianca is and to be honest have no interest in finding out. I stumbled across this thread having read Lucy’s blog, which I enjoyed, and her Twitter feed, which I didn’t - the subject originally discussed

Reactions: 9

Windowtothewall

Chatty Member
I've followed her blog for a few years now and always really enjoyed it, and rooted for her even. Last year I made the mistake of following her on Twitter as she wasn't blogging anymore, and regret it. Because her Twitter persona is so different to her blog - there was so much anger, self pity, negativity, and resentment, it was hard to take. But I figured, it was just a phase. However, I was absolutely horrified at her sharing of the Young Colleague story! And it has really not sat well with me.

She has shared private messages of his, details of his appearance/age/work/interests, details of private conversations that would make identifying him very easy (if you knew who she was), and also details of his relationship with an innocent third party girl. On her open, public profile! I am even more horrified at other followers and bloggers who have commented and encouraged this, instead of telling her that this is unacceptable unless she has his (And his ex gf Lockdown Girl's) permission.

And then even worse, she is sharing details of their work relationship - Zoom calls for example where they chat more than work, mocking a client - all things that could get this young man into trouble at work if it came to light. This is madness. It's almost like she and her followers have forgotten that Twitter is a public, live world and just because she is (barely) anonymous does not give her the right to share such deeply personal information for anyone to read/see.

I had no idea who she was for all these years till she posted that photo of herself nude in the sunset. The hair is very unusual and i then realised she is someone I follow on IG. She has not been at all careful in hiding her identity (and by that token the identity of YC, Lockdown Girl and all her other dates). The photoshoot shots show you pretty much everything, including a lot of her face. She details her job and her travel, and it's not hard to figure out where places are based on all the photos she shares. And I have been left utterly gobsmacked that none of her friends and followers can see the lack of consideration and care for people who have not given permission to be discussed so openly on the Internet. They don't exist for blog fodder/Twitter fodder.

If my senior colleague did this to me, I would be enraged - and I am so upset on his behalf. I had a male boss who wouldn't get the hint, and kept messaging me in a flirty way, setting up projects where we'd have to be together 24/7, orchestrating reasons to have calls or meetings, pretending to be my friend and mentor but making it obvious there was a romantic interest - it caused me so much stress. I felt pressure to accept all his invitations at work because I was worried he'd give me a bad review to the management. I couldn't outright rebuff him as i didn't want to make work awkward and wasn't sure how he'd retaliate, couldn't complain to anyone as it was his word against mine. I even flirted back in the hope he'd be happy with just that and not want more. So I would talk about a bf, other men etc to show that i really wasn't interested. Politely decline all invites to hang out when not on project. No avail. It lasted a year till I had enough and quit. If he had also had a blog and Twitter feed where it was all being made public, I would have gone to the police. So to see people pretending that just because he's a man he's going to be flattered by it, and isn't capable of feeling a bit harassed/uncomfortable - makes me really upset.

Really hope she, and her followers realise how inappropriate her entire Twitter feed and blog has been, and will think about the people they post about. And get their permission (like she did for Charlie) to post about this stuff.

Reactions: 9

Pinklight

Hey Lucy 👋 thanks for reading. But you know, if you don't like what is being said, don't read our posts. No one is forcing you to.

The irony of her not liking that anonymous people online are talking about her.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh my god I'm so happy to see this thread! Newbie here but I've been shadow following her for about a year, since I went out with a guy who went out with her. He said she was insufferable IRL and was clearly very into him (he's 6'2") but wouldn't shut up about herself or her blog. There was no second date. I have screencaps of all her embarassing shit if anyone is interested in observing the YC (aka Ben Holgate) timeline, and I may or may not be able to confirm that she doxed herself a few weeks ago...

• Haha

Katiekins84

Can I just say, my mate and I have been following LGD for ages for the pure disgust we feel in how she treats people who don't spot on agree with her, posts message threads of unsuspecting YC and others and is just so horrendously up her own arse yet wants to be the victim too. It's car crash reading through and through. This thread has been wonderful to know other people feel the same unlike those people in twitter that just fan the flames of her ego and get shut down most of the time. When they post replies with their own personal experience she still turns it round about herself when replying to them. Even those she appears "friends" with she never asks about. I read her blog and really enjoyed it and couldn't understand why she was so different, but it's because she's writing all about her, so of course she appears a nicer person when she's not interacting and showing her personality. What a relief to read you all see the same thing!

• Heart

Iwantyoutoknow22

Chatty Member
Does anyone follow her blog or on Twitter? She strikes me as very unpleasant with impossibly high standards. I’m all for not settling, but she has so many things that are an instant ‘no’ for her I’m not surprised she hasn’t found anyone. Would be interested to hear if anyone follows her.

She sounded like a 14 yr old trying to interpret it not a 40 year old woman. Honestly I could say so much about her, her contradictions and her awful opinions. She lives in a Twitter echo chamber by blocking anyone who calls her out or has a different opinion, that’s why you only see fans on there. Never known anyone love themselves quite so much, she calls out others for being thirsty yet has posted that naked picture 3 times now, and as for her underwear shoot....

Sazzler

I had never even heard of this Bianca character before joining this thread! 🤷‍♀️
I am the same, I was here to discuss Lucy, not so much who "outed" her. I guess whilst I'm at it, I'll explain why that was. I found Lucy to be arrogant, rude and entitled, moreover extremely unaware of how she came across to people and with massive double standards. I don't care who she is in 'real life', what she looks like, how much money she has or what she does for a job. I also don't really know why it's important who did or didn't dox her.

For me, it was incredibly clear why she wasn't able to secure a relationship for the aforementioned reasons. As the 'Lucy' character is public, I didn't see why discussing her here would be of concern. Lucy has been publicly discussing other people for a very long time. By doing that she has opened herself up for scrutiny. Just because some people say it's ok and that she's a nice person it doesn't necessarily mean that those are the facts and everyone must agree, it's a matter of opinion, and Lucy should know about opinions most of all as she has plenty herself.

Last edited:

Sazzler

Two things:
1. I can't grasp why her 'identity' is so radically important. There appears to be a real world misunderstanding of how significant this person is.
2. It's absolutely not ok to have shared, in great detail, her pursuit of YC, or anyone else for that matter. It's a huge invasion of their privacy, and how would she feel if she was to unearth blog after blog about her that her dates had shared online, inclusive of screenshots of private conversations?

How is *this* invasion of privacy any different to *that* invasion of privacy? Double standards entirely.

ben.dover

The biggest mistake was making friends IRL from Twitter. The fact she’s friends with Glen Ocsko AKA Dating Dad (this is not doxxing, he has come on out many websites as his real identity). She’s friends with him IRL and her real profile is on his social media. It isn’t that hard to work it out. If you want to remain anonymous, you simply cannot have anyone IRL knowing your anonymous profiles. End of story.

Reactions: 6

Acorncollecter

VIP Member
TBF from what she said he flirted with her and the kiss was consensual. Can't see someone as insecure as her grabbing someone and kissing them without encouragement. Though who knows what's true or if it even happened at all lol
As for the piano one, I have no idea who she is either. What does she have to do with Lucy? This whole thread had gone way off topic. Lucy Goes Dating has been shut down. @admins @admin is this even allowed?
OK Bella. Thanks for that!

• Haha
I found this thread and posted regarding Lucy. It has since been somewhat hijacked into a Bianca thread and I have nothing to add on that, so not backed off at all, just thread has completely changed.
I suspect this may be the same for some of the other earlier posters?

ben.dover

Can someone with more credentials than me please start an entirely new thread about Bianca? I have nothing against Lucy at all. However, Bianca is a whole new kettle of fish. She’s someone with zero remorse and accountability with anything she says/does.

Oh yes. She took something this guy tweeted out of context and mounted a hate campaign against him. Someone stopped him jumping off a bridge I heard. One of her many victims. I'm amazed she doesn't have her own tattle thread tbh the shit she's done.
I also heard about this. She doxxed that poor guy for a misinterpreted comment and misunderstanding and she was proud of itBianca regularly locks/deactivates her profiles when she goes too far. She KNOWS she goes too far - so why do it!?

Then she will unlock it and keep getting suspended/lock herself/go public in a cycle.

Can we just get her off of Twitter permanently? She makes so many email addresses to keep her accounts anytime she gets permanently banned. It sounds literally like an addiction to social media, to the point where she needs therapy. She’s spiteful towards anyone who disagrees with her then has the nerve to post stuff related to #bekind

I hear she also outed someone in her family as homosexual and now they’re not talking to her? Also she keeps saying she’s a first time buyer but she said she lets out a flat up north? I’m confused.

I liked her blog. But her Twitter....yuck. Her most common words are:

‘racist’, ‘sexist’, ‘misogynist’ and ‘doxxed’ haha. Count how many times she calls someone a misogynist if you’re a male and argue with her - it’s very funny!

Can we bring Lucy back and replace her with Bianca? I’d rather Bianca left Twitter lol.

I think her current usernames are:

Atomicbonbon (currently suspended)
Popcornbambi (currently protected)
Snookerbunnyy (currently protected)

Who needs so many usernames?! That just spells you want to troll.

Last edited:
Truly awful woman, a narcissist of the highest order
She’s deluded if she thinks her colleague fancies her, they work in a small industry with a lot of free lancing. He’s just protecting himself for future projects because he knows she can either get him work or put the boot in

Last edited:

hollyinthepink

Gosh this thread makes for juicy reading! I read Lucy’s blog for several years as I loved the writing style and could relate as I was dating in London at the time, I then started reading her Twitter feed mainly and could not understand why a 40 something year old woman could behave like a teenager, constantly throwing herself at men and have so little self respect. I started off feeling sorry for her as it’s so sad to be a 40 something obsessed with getting a boyfriend but the ‘I’m so hot’ (which I now see she is not...) got boring very quickly. Those hotel room photos were so seedy and cringe and the saga with YC seems like a figment of her imagination...pretty sure he’ll have written her off as desperate and is only interested in someone his own age. I actually only found this thread from one of her own posts asking for a tweet to be deleted, if she’d just kept quiet for a while maybe fewer people would have found out! And I’m all for remaining anonymous if you choose, but the amount of details she was revealing on guys especially YC was NOT cool.

Last edited: