Lucy Flight

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
slightly off topic but seeing lucy make breakfast/dinner for dan made me wanna ask about your opinions about doing wifey things for a guy who isn’t your husband? is it a way of making the man feel so comfortable/ pampered so he won’t wanna leave or is it normal nowadays? would appreciate some outlooks maybe there’s a thread on this sorta topic too? also not tryna offend anyone who does i just wanna know why x
Hmm bit odd for you to say but guessing you have never lived with a partner before ? It's completely normal to cook for your partner and nothing to do with not wanting them to leave you... when you live with someone household tasks like cooking and cleaning are normally shared as per preference/what works for the couple

Reactions: 14
Hmm bit odd for you to say but guessing you have never lived with a partner before ? It's completely normal to cook for your partner and nothing to do with not wanting them to leave you... when you live with someone household tasks like cooking and cleaning are normally shared as per preference/what works for the couple
nope i haven’t actually haha, so probably why i was curious. thank you for your outlook. guess it does make sense then x

Reactions: 2
nope i haven’t actually haha, so probably why i was curious. thank you for your outlook. guess it does make sense then x
I mean to be fair it looks like nobody in lucy and Dan's house does any cleaning or tidying at all ! Their preference is clearly living in dirt haha

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
slightly off topic but seeing lucy make breakfast/dinner for dan made me wanna ask about your opinions about doing wifey things for a guy who isn’t your husband? is it a way of making the man feel so comfortable/ pampered so he won’t wanna leave or is it normal nowadays? would appreciate some outlooks maybe there’s a thread on this sorta topic too? also not tryna offend anyone who does i just wanna know why x
Put it this way my partner and I make our own breakfasts unless it’s something special or a weekend and we take turns cooking but Lucy seems to do everything in that house which I don’t agree with (but she might like) purely because she pays for everything so Dan should be doing more to help her and earn his keep (but that’s just me!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think its normal enough but as with everything really depends on context.. a lot of women / men cook a lot for their other halves because they enjoy it and Enjoy feeling like they’re looking after them well. So long as one person isn’t doing everything. Some people can’t cook so their other half does the cooking. If it’s very one sided and one person is doing all of the meals, cleaning, laundry, dishes etc then It takes on a different meaning. In our house If I cook my boyfriend will then do the dishes, and he’s rubbish at laundry (shrinks everything lol) so I do laundry but he always does the bins. If a relationship is balanced I think it’s ok. In Lucy’s situation I think the meals she cooks Dan doesn’t matter because the real issue is the general feel from pretty much everyone watching that he is not into her 😩 so her cooking For him is pointless because their relationship is so one-sided.. no amount of home cooked meals will make him love her like she’s hoping it will. Plus she’s paying for everything so the least he could do is cook something. Does he even make her a cuppa. I find it really sad 😢

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If you want to make your partner dinner/lunch/breakfast/whatever whether you are married, living together, dating then crack on. I don't see the difference between doing them for your boyfriend and doing them for your husband personally? I will probably never marry my boyfriend but I cook for him, do his laundry and he does the same for me, we don't do these things for each other to make them feel pampered it's just the way our relationship works and I feel it seems to make sense. if I am making myself dinner then why not make enough for him also, same with washing etc. There are things he does around the house that I don't do and things I do that he doesn't do and it just kind of works.

Reactions: 7
In my household I work 25hrs a week my partner works 65 so it's only natural most of the cooking etc falls on myself but if I worked same as my other half he would be helping out too! We know from the circle Dan can cook and knows about nutrition so if he really wanted to help her out he would be taking over that side of things but he has become just as if not lazier than lucy

Reactions: 8
I cant believe they show the house when its such a mess. I dont think it looks particularly dirty, but the mess would drive me crazy.
Surely it would improve her mood if she tidied the house

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.